Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 2)

Fmbm

Just realized why is he doing the acoustic tour before the album release.. Can't believe it just hit me now:doh:

It's a marketing strategy, isn't it? He can play some of the new songs on that tour, and people get more interested, so when the album comes out there are more chances of people buying it because he's made the publicity to it in the summer!

Sorry if I'm not explaining my opinion really well but the words on my english are running short:naughty:

Yes that's exactly right. The tour will promote his album before September which (I think) will be when it comes out. Pezzie has posted that it's out in the fall on his site.

Mika really needs to start singing the new music now. It's not that we don't love the old stuff, but we do need to hear his new songs properly now.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome! I am pleased you can join us! :naughty:

Thanks for the welcome, but what exactly is 'us'? :naughty::roftl:

Yes that's exactly right. The tour will promote his album before September which (I think) will be when it comes out. Pezzie has posted that it's out in the fall on his site.

Mika really needs to start singing the new music now. It's not that we don't love the old stuff, but we do need to hear his new songs properly now.

I think so too. I love the old stuff, but we need something new and I think if he wants to have more publicity and sales, he'll have to sing something new, show something new, orelse the media will always be talking about the same old things... And they want something new! Though the media don't show much interest in him.

Thanks for the welcome, but what exactly is 'us'? :naughty::roftl:

I think so too. I love the old stuff, but we need something new and I think if he wants to have more publicity and sales, he'll have to sing something new, show something new, orelse the media will always be talking about the same old things... And they want something new! Though the media don't show much interest in him.

There will probably be media at that LA gig on Wednesday. If he sings some new stuff they like, it could make all the difference to his status in the USA in the long run.

There will probably be media at that LA gig on Wednesday. If he sings some new stuff they like, it could make all the difference to his status in the USA in the long run.

I hope it does if he decides to sing it!

hey guys! i'm back from a week-long eastercamp (i've been away from a computer for a week) can someone update me, has anything happened?!

i'm about to go look around the rest of MFC..

Hi - RH83 :huglove: - I've been away all weekend too - it's horrible being out of touch :thumbdown:

There is a secret gig this week in LA - clues on twitter and there is a thread about it somewhere. :thumb_yello:

Hi - RH83 :huglove: - I've been away all weekend too - it's horrible being out of touch :thumbdown:

There is a secret gig this week in LA - clues on twitter and there is a thread about it somewhere. :thumb_yello:

:shocked: oh my sainted aunties..

*has a heart attack*

FINALLY things are being put in motion! i've been snooping around the rest of MFC.. i saw perez had posted but i was hving trouble linkinng it all togther, man, threads move fast :roftl:

Here's me, just stepping in surrepticiously, leaving my little lyonesse pawprint in this most wonderous thread :wink2:

I think that he will be singing new stuff because don't singers usually bring singles out and do tours and videos quite a while before the album is out?

Then he has time to go around the world and promote his album to come out and also to get himself noticed again.

He'll most probably sing Grace Kelly.

Let's face it, he did say towards the end of "A long way from home" "Do you think there'll ever be a show where I will be able to sing Grace Kely?"

"No..."

Well, I'm not entirely sure of the quote. Jeez, it's been EONS since I saw that, I really ought to go back to basics and revisit before all the new stuff comes out!

Mika's been doing a few interviews already, he's twittered about screwing one up.

Does anyone know where they've got to?

*Pawprint made* :bleh:

Here's me, just stepping in surrepticiously, leaving my little lyonesse pawprint in this most wonderous thread :wink2:

I think that he will be singing new stuff because don't singers usually bring singles out and do tours and videos quite a while before the album is out?

Then he has time to go around the world and promote his album to come out and also to get himself noticed again.

He'll most probably sing Grace Kelly.

Let's face it, he did say towards the end of "A long way from home" "Do you think there'll ever be a show where I will be able to sing Grace Kely?"

"No..."

Well, I'm not entirely sure of the quote. Jeez, it's been EONS since I saw that, I really ought to go back to basics and revisit before all the new stuff comes out!

Mika's been doing a few interviews already, he's twittered about screwing one up.

Does anyone know where they've got to?

*Pawprint made* :bleh:

Think he said the interview was for Paris Match. And if he doens't sing his new stuff, I think the fans will ask for their money back- even if it is a free concert.

Think he said the interview was for Paris Match. And if he doens't sing his new stuff, I think the fans will ask for their money back- even if it is a free concert.

I'm pretty sure he won't sing only old songs.

But I'm guessing that he'll sing one or two old songs.

Just because that's what the regular pattern appears to be with most artists.

I'm getting more jealous because I didn't mind as much before that I couldn't go but now it's like AAAH he's gonna do new stuf! Aaaah!

Anyway yeah but even if they asked for their money back they couldn't really get anything back as it is actually a free concert...

I'd like to go and see the old stuff being done. I never got to :tears:

I'm pretty sure he won't sing only old songs.

But I'm guessing that he'll sing one or two old songs.

Just because that's what the regular pattern appears to be with most artists.

I'm getting more jealous because I didn't mind as much before that I couldn't go but now it's like AAAH he's gonna do new stuf! Aaaah!

Anyway yeah but even if they asked for their money back they couldn't really get anything back as it is actually a free concert...

I'd like to go and see the old stuff being done. I never got to :tears:

Oh yes, I think he'll sing old stuff too. Mind, I thought he was doing himself down on the old dvd when he said he'd always have to sing GK (much as I love it). He could write even bigger hits in future.

Oh yes, I think he'll sing old stuff too. Mind, I thought he was doing himself down on the old dvd when he said he'd always have to sing GK (much as I love it). He could write even bigger hits in future.

GK and LT would be my best bets.

And HMDYLM and also the "new" Rain.

Not the acoustic one.

If that makes sense :wink2:

me too :crybaby:

Well IDK about you Carlotte but I happen to have a lovely little theater where I perform every now and then quite close to here. It's called "Kapiti Playhouse" and I think Mika would really love it there wink2:

It's very intimate, I think it can sit about 80 people at a stretch.

We'll get our turn, you just wait :punk:

The rest of the world. Yes of course it's promotion for his new cd. No big secret. It's what most artists do.

Ooh!:naughty:

Yeah, that's why I couldn't believe I just thought of that after so many time...:naughty:

:Update:

"starting my move back to london whilst we mix. surrounded by 6 months worth of book shopping to get home. that's 358 books. CRAP"

half a minute ago from web

That's an effing crap load of books.

Edited by iadoremika

:Update:

"starting my move back to london whilst we mix. surrounded by 6 months worth of book shopping to get home. that's 358 books. CRAP"

half a minute ago from web

BOOKS?!?!?!?! He's dyslexic!

:lol3:

I'm sorry, that was mean :blush-anim-cl:

but I had to say it.

I love you Mika dear!

But that sounds like me (if I had the money to do so)

BooksBooksBooksBooksBooksBooksBooks :hypo:

BOOKS?!?!?!?! He's dyslexic!

:lol3:

I'm sorry, that was mean :blush-anim-cl:

but I had to say it.

I love you Mika dear!

But that sounds like me (if I had the money to do so)

BooksBooksBooksBooksBooksBooksBooks :hypo:

:blink: Why does that mean he can't buy books?