Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 2)

Fmbm

Why aren't they so exciting now? Is he getting predictable in a way?:naughty:

Not really that Mika's predictable, it's just human nature I guess. It often happens when you've know someone for awhile, that initial feeling of infatuation wears off.

Plus there was so much that was new to Mika. He experienced so many things for the first time and we were there to witness it.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it was the best vlog i've seen so far! *evil laugh*:naughty:

yeah the title just says "Salt Lake City Edited" if it was a vlog it would have the title "32. vlog.........." cuz the last one was 31.

I saw the SLC vlog about a week and a half ago but didn't say anything at the time because I was a little unsure why I'd been able to see it and didn't want to cause any problems for them. But since everyone is talking about it here anyway, at that time it was titled "32. SALT LAKE CITY". I got an email invitation from them to view it, but saw it just once and a few minutes later it was private. I think Christine's probably right... it's all been either YouTube glitches, or a mistake by the person who's been uploading them for him.

It was pretty great I have to admit... I loved when he said "All I know is I feel so alive right now compared to before my last gig". He was really thriving on the adrenaline rush of having to pull everything together.

I saw the SLC vlog about a week and a half ago but didn't say anything at the time because I was a little unsure why I'd been able to see it and didn't want to cause any problems for them. But since everyone is talking about it here anyway, at that time it was titled "32. SALT LAKE CITY". I got an email invitation from them to view it, but saw it just once and a few minutes later it was private. I think Christine's probably right... it's all been either YouTube glitches, or a mistake by the person who's been uploading them for him.

It was pretty great I have to admit... I loved when he said "All I know is I feel so alive right now compared to before my last gig". He was really thriving on the adrenaline rush of having to pull everything together.

Got this in my e-mail May 11, 7:07 am, so I knew it was coming!

Check this video out

32. SALT LAKE CITY

February 2008, Mika is half way through a US tour when his equipment gets stuck in a snowstorm. Refusing to cancel the show, the following story documents his first all acoustic show and the inspiration for his forthcoming 'Songs for Sorrow' tour.

You can respond to MikaSoundsBlog by visiting your inbox.

But, I was neither up nor on line that early that day.

By the time I was, and tried to view it, it was marked private!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

MIKA in SLC:

2254255226_2c07d77b4e_o.jpg

Mika at In the Venue Friday

From the look of the line streching for blocks at In the Venue Friday night, British pop sensation Mika is no longer an unfamiliar guy in the United States (or at least Salt Lake City). It was a rare acoustic set for Mika, who usually brings a ton of bells and whistles to his shows. He said his insurance company and everyone except him wanted to cancel the show, because his opening act and most of his tour buses were stranded by weather. Everyone who attended got a $10 refund (half the ticket price due to missing bells and whistles), but there was no need- Mika gave an electrifying show. He even characterized it as the best of his tour, after the fact. His falsetto soared above the minimalist backing and fed off the adoring crowd. He'll be back, and next time everyone will know of him.

David Burger

Edited by A. Clay

Confused..I'm trying to read all this and I have my Grandmother, Great Aunt, and Great, Great Aunt all talking to me! Ack...what is going on with the SLC thing? I would love to see that one....I can't imagine why? :naughty:

There is such an incredible venue here that would be amazing for Mika..it's set in Red Rock's Canyon (Utah) in an outdoor venue...it's so amazingl.

Confused..I'm trying to read all this and I have my Grandmother, Great Aunt, and Great, Great Aunt all talking to me! Ack...what is going on with the SLC thing? I would love to see that one....I can't imagine why? :naughty:

There is such an incredible venue here that would be amazing for Mika..it's set in Red Rock's Canyon (Utah) in an outdoor venue...it's so amazingl.

you were in that show? because I think I saw you in the vlog :blink::naughty:

He has definitely changed in the past year. I've been noticing it a lot in recent weeks.

I don't think he only looks older, his face looks much harder. Sometimes that's what frantic sh...ing does to you so maybe he's got more than he could take these last two years :wink2: ?

But he still is the guy who can't go buy a newspaper without someone very close, preferably family, being around :huglove: so that people who so enjoy calling him 'the boy' still have a window.

As for the leaked not so secret video, if it stays private he must be ready to receive some very mature -I am so funny :floor: - tomatoes and eggs thrown at him during the acoustic gig :mad: and the big, fat, juicy summer one ; although I don't think we can call it 'regular', Sara : isn't it highly irregular to tour like mad months before issuing an album :confused: ?

Cheers,

Id3

I meant not necessarily as voice recording, but music. When a song has certain addon-s that can't be replicated on a small stage for example, one would use the pre-canned musical parts :thumb_yello:

Thanks for trying to make me feel better, still I wouldn't use the thumb up smilie :emot-sad: ... am I too demanding with Mica :confused: ?

Marie-Thérèse

Andy seems to have a major crush on a very pretty blond MFCer from the city of angels -and oranges... :wub2:

Marie-Thérèse

Just for the record, no pun intended, weren't you the one enthusiastically filming the stripper before the LA not so secret gig :wink2: ?

Good to see untouched up breasts from time to time, yesterday night half the female singers in Moscow had silicon ones especially those from behind the now vanished iron curtain ; that's hardly the best example they could get from the western world :rolls_eyes: .

Marie-Thérèse

Do you know how you guys got an e-mail sent to you? Just curious.

That happens when the person managing the other youtube account (mikasoundsblog in this case) selects the option to allow you access to a private video.

The good news here for the mikasoundsblog people is that Youtube has a maximum amount of people that a private video can be made viewable by, or otherwise the whole fan population would probably be getting "invitations", hahahaha!

I just find it hilarious that they keep making the same mistakes :roftl:.

Confused..I'm trying to read all this and I have my Grandmother, Great Aunt, and Great, Great Aunt all talking to me! Ack...what is going on with the SLC thing? I would love to see that one....I can't imagine why?

You can be spotted very easily in it, yes :naughty:

As for the leaked not so secret video, if it stays private he must be ready to receive some very mature -I am so funny - tomatoes and eggs thrown at him during the acoustic gig and the big, fat, juicy summer one ; although I don't think we can call it 'regular', Sara : isn't it highly irregular to tour like mad months before issuing an album :confused: ?

Cheers,

Id3

Well, you surely knew what I meant: the "normal" full tour after this small, minimalistic summer acoustic one. I'm sure that when he does the new tour the album will be out already anyway :wink2:

Thanks for trying to make me feel better, still I wouldn't use the thumb up smilie ... am I too demanding with Mica ?

Marie-Thérèse

Ah yes, I forgot the problems that people have with that smiley :roftl:

Just for the record, no pun intended, weren't you the one enthusiastically filming the stripper before the LA not so secret gig ?

Good to see untouched up breasts from time to time, yesterday night half the female singers in Moscow had silicon ones especially those from behind the now vanished iron curtain ; that's hardly the best example they could get from the western world .

Marie-Thérèse

Yes, that was her. She could be seen enthusiastically filming EVERYTHING :roftl:. I was initially filming the stripper as well, as I wanted to capture everything that was in the show, but I stopped once I realised what it was, as I just have no interest whatsoever in a woman taking her kit off. I fail to see the "art" in it, or the interest in any way. Not that it offends me, or that I find it bothersome, but I just find it incredibly boring and uninteresting.

I suppose that it didn't help either that they were using the classic super stereotypical symbols of my country which are bullfighting, which I have a massive personal problem with. Bull fighting is very cruel and wrong, it's a barbaric practice which should be outlawed, and I was very shocked to see Mika/Perez whoever decide to put an act on which glamourised it. For a Spanish person who is incredibly ashamed of her own country still supporting and allowing such a terribly cruel practice, it felt like a kick in the stomach.

Bulls are viciously tortured during bull fighting and then killed. That is how it is. And I find that it should be banned and brought to obscurity, where it belongs, rather than used on stage to put on a show.

I don't think he only looks older, his face looks much harder. Sometimes that's what frantic sh...ing does to you so maybe he's got more than he could take these last two years :wink2: ?

But he still is the guy who can't go buy a newspaper without someone very close, preferably family, being around :huglove: so that people who so enjoy calling him 'the boy' still have a window.

As for the leaked not so secret video, if it stays private he must be ready to receive some very mature -I am so funny :floor: - tomatoes and eggs thrown at him during the acoustic gig :mad: and the big, fat, juicy summer one ; although I don't think we can call it 'regular', Sara : isn't it highly irregular to tour like mad months before issuing an album :confused: ?

Cheers,

Id3

:lmfao: I can't wait to meet you.

I suppose that it didn't help either that they were using the classic super stereotypical symbols of my country which are bullfighting, which I have a massive personal problem with. Bull fighting is very cruel and wrong, it's a barbaric practice which should be outlawed, and I was very shocked to see Mika/Perez whoever decide to put an act on which glamourised it. For a Spanish person who is incredibly ashamed of her own country still supporting and allowing such a terribly cruel practice, it felt like a kick in the stomach.

Bulls are viciously tortured during bull fighting and then killed. That is how it is. And I find that it should be banned and brought to obscurity, where it belongs, rather than used on stage to put on a show.

Oh I haven't watched the vids and am sorry to hear that. If and when I watch the vids or if they have that kind of thing in any show I see, I will feel moved to write a stinging tweet to him, I dare say.

Anyway, nice to hear you express such sentiments, Sari, although I would expect no less. And in the case of animal crulety, all countries probably have things to be ashamed of.

haha thanks!

Isn't that Mika's mom who nearly gets walloped by a roll of carpet? lol

I think so :naughty:

Wow, thank you so much for posting!:wub2:

Great stuff, I enjoyed every second of it.

Lucky, lucky Salt Lake City!

You're welcome :)

His face looks older to me, he looks matured.

Not sure if I can post these, but here are some screencaps:

sl3.jpg

How can he look good from that angle? Nobody looks good from that angle!

I can't see this it says it's private

It does :blink: Oh my, I pulled Alice :teehee:

Got this in my e-mail May 11, 7:07 am, so I knew it was coming!

Check this video out

32. SALT LAKE CITY

February 2008, Mika is half way through a US tour when his equipment gets stuck in a snowstorm. Refusing to cancel the show, the following story documents his first all acoustic show and the inspiration for his forthcoming 'Songs for Sorrow' tour.

You can respond to MikaSoundsBlog by visiting your inbox.

But, I was neither up nor on line that early that day.

By the time I was, and tried to view it, it was marked private!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

MIKA in SLC:

2254255226_2c07d77b4e_o.jpg

Mika at In the Venue Friday

From the look of the line streching for blocks at In the Venue Friday night, British pop sensation Mika is no longer an unfamiliar guy in the United States (or at least Salt Lake City). It was a rare acoustic set for Mika, who usually brings a ton of bells and whistles to his shows. He said his insurance company and everyone except him wanted to cancel the show, because his opening act and most of his tour buses were stranded by weather. Everyone who attended got a $10 refund (half the ticket price due to missing bells and whistles), but there was no need- Mika gave an electrifying show. He even characterized it as the best of his tour, after the fact. His falsetto soared above the minimalist backing and fed off the adoring crowd. He'll be back, and next time everyone will know of him.

David Burger

Quoting myself 'cause MIKA is GREEK-GOD-BEAUTIFUL!

How can he look good from that angle? Nobody looks good from that angle!

i think he looks best from this angel

17052009011.jpg17052009016.jpg

:das:

i'm totally not into his looks though:mf_rosetinted: