Oooh, I love it :wub2:. As much as I love Mika's voice, I'm afraid that I'm with Christine on this one. This guy's voice is much more suited to the song, and he does it beautifully. Love it!!

14m6f4k.jpg

who said Erase is meant for a certain type of voice?!

Valerio's is A V E R A G E, my uncle can sing that crap almost in the same tone

ok, maybe I can't listen to that type of ~love song~ but anyway Mika's peculiar low register is hotter

& btw Mastah, xcuseme but HUGE mistakes have been made

Erase /Ring Ring / Your sympathy were the best BUT released on difficoult to find regional editions?!?!

Edited by greta
can't believe *I* gotta take defence..

Mika sings it best...but I love his voice so much he could sing the dictionary I'd still love it! His voice fascinates me totally! I love listening to him when he speaks in interviews too! And he always has a fantastic sense of humour and witt and such spontaneity and creativity...I just love the way he sees life! :)

Wow this is so much better than Erase. :lmfao:

Mika doesn't have the grit in his voice to pull off a soft rock ballad and the English lyrics are really lame.

This guy should try an English version...maybe translated back from the Italian one.

totally agree. and it sounds HOT :naughty:

I've always thought erase was.. OK. never liked it, never hated it (i wouldnt buy it..)

14m6f4k.jpg

ok, maybe I can't listen to that type of ~love song~ but anyway Mika's peculiar low register is hotter

Amen :bow:

Well I can't understand Italian so it sounds better to me! :roftl:

i think is that....:aah:

the italian one is lame...is not poetic and intense like Mika's Erase!!

For example:

Mika's original lyric was:

"Erase,

my love

I bet you can't erase,

my touch,

you're trying to replace, a feeling without a name, with somebody else's face,

in your head"

the italian one says something like (sorry, it is really literal):

"Erase it,

love come one erase a bit,

of what I've wrote about us by then,

pretend you're not here,

don't open it"

I think the italian one is SO lame

Edited by Sarina

Mika sings it best...but I love his voice so much he could sing the dictionary I'd still love it! His voice fascinates me totally! I love listening to him when he speaks in interviews too! And he always has a fantastic sense of humour and witt and such spontaneity and creativity...I just love the way he sees life! :)
although i like Valerio's version, too, i can't help but quote yr post :wub2:

Valerio's is A V E R A G E

Well this is the problem with Mika singing Erase - it's a horribly average song. He's said that he writes his own songs because other people's songs are not suited to his voice and really this doesn't sound like a Mika song at all. It sounds like something Robbie Williams, Bryan Adams, Jon Bon Jovi or some other mediocre singer would sing.

i think is that....:aah:

the italian one is lame...is not poetic and intense like Mika's Erase!!

For example:

Mika's original lyric was:

"Erase,

my love

I bet you can't erase,

my touch,

you're trying to replace, a feeling without a name, with somebody else's face,

in your head"

But to an English speaker this sounds really lame as well. :dunno:

It's not on par with Mika's best songs and Mika knows it. That's why he won't perform it.

"EP3: Sometimes, sticky mellodies are too direct & innocuous, addictive, but at the fifth heard they´re unbearable. Have you felt bored of songs you wrote?

M: Yes, there are some i never published. There´s one, Erase, only released in United States. I didn´t allow any other publishing anywhere. I hate it. It´s awful. Sticky, but with nothing behind"

Well said, Mika..:mf_rosetinted:

Sounds sexy in Italian:mf_rosetinted:

I'd still prefer Robbie Williams to sing it. It could easily be one of his innocuous, sticky songs...:naughty:

This would be how Mika financed his French Alps Christmas holiday, by the sounds of it. :roftl:

:lmfao:

14m6f4k.jpg

totally agree greta! and you couldnt have chosen a better picture to represent this post:thumb_yello:

But to an English speaker this sounds really lame as well. :dunno:

and to some non-native speakers as well:teehee:

Well this is the problem with Mika singing Erase - it's a horribly average song. He's said that he writes his own songs because other people's songs are not suited to his voice and really this doesn't sound like a Mika song at all. It sounds like something Robbie Williams, Bryan Adams, Jon Bon Jovi or some other mediocre singer would sing.

:shocked:

:boxing:

:biggrin2:

I actually mostly agree with Christine’s comment. Erase is a painfully predictable song for the average listener. It is built from typical formulas and based on a standard structure – all listed in any ’Songwriting for dummies’ booklet. :cool: Whoever sings it does not matter – you are bound to sing along until you get sick of it.... and even after that. :teehee:

In my opinion, Robbie is only different from the artists mentioned above in that he is a pretty good entertainer and several more recent songs from him contain some rather personal and sarcastic lyrics that I love, actually. However, ’Old Before I Die’ on his first album, for example, made me think that it might actually have been written for Bon Jovi originally ... Similarly, Erase sounds like a ’left over’ Robbie song... :naughty:

I'm not talking about Robbie's talent as an entertainer or the content of his songs, just his voice. His vocals are mediocre. I really don't think you can argue that if you compare him to other, great, singers in history. Since he has been one of the most popular singers in the world, it's more than fair to make such a comparison.

The same goes for Jon Bon Jovi and Bryan Adams.

This is a really interesting thread - been curious about Erase and its 'history' for some time, mainly because I like the song but more because my youngest son absolutely LOVES it, and has asked me in the past if Mika has ever released it (I didn't know but thought he couldn't have done) and more recently why he didn't put it on TBWKTM, saying he definitely should have done!

Now I'll be able to give my son an answer to his question as to whether it's been released before and also tell him other stuff like Mika doesn't like to sing it live because he finds it too upsetting! :thumb_yello:

I'm not talking about Robbie's talent as an entertainer or the content of his songs, just his voice. His vocals are mediocre.

I knew what you meant.. :wink2: I also think his vocals are pretty mediocre.. In fact, if I had judged him only on his last 2 performances on Xfactor I'd say bad singer and lost on stage... However, I 've been to one of his gigs and listed to his album launch show and I think he is a good entertainer and feels at ease on stage...I simply emphasized the things he was talented in as I imagine it must have been pretty tough for Roobbie fans to have read such comments and not fair, either, as I think Robbie actually is better than BA and BJ - for these last 2 have both mediocre voices and songs:naughty:

Edited by suzie

I knew what you meant.. :wink2: I also think his vocals are pretty mediocre.. In fact, if I had judged him only on his last 2 performances on Xfactor I'd say bad singer and lost on stage... However, I 've been to one of his gigs and listed to his album launch show and I think he is a good entertainer and feels at ease on stage...I simply emphasized the things he was talented in as I imagine it must have been pretty tough for Roobbie fans to have read such comments and not fair, either, as I think Robbie actually is better than BA and BJ - for these last 2 have both mediocre voices and songs:naughty:

Yes I was more addressing FD's :shocked: face.

(I would actually say that BA and BJ are BAD singers.) :teehee: