REPORTS/PICS/VIDS for MIKA LA Surprise Show 04-15-09

Blue Sky

*sappiness warning*

Often our friends and family in “real life” don’t quite get what all the fuss is about. Your fellow MFCers, however, totally understand. They know what it’s like to see a new video blog with 15-second snippets of new songs, and to have it make your week. They know what it’s like to stand outside a venue before a show, and to have that feeling of excited energy knowing you’re about to see something amazing. They know what it’s like to see Mika somehow manage to show off that million-kilowatt smile while singing at the same time, his eyes literally sparkling when a crowd full of people sings his lyrics back at him. And they know why all this matters so much. They know why you hang on to little details of his career, why the music touches you, why it resonates so deeply.

To put it simply, your fellow MFCers feel the magic.

And that’s one of the reasons why so many of us feel that post-gig hole. Apart from the harshness of coming back to earth after the highs of these shows, it’s also tough to say “until next time” to friends you’ve made who are on the same level of understanding about something so great. So to all my MFCers in LA, thank you for everything. It really, truly wouldn’t have been the same without you all. And to everyone who sat at their computers around the world waiting for all the details, thank you. Thank you for contributing to the sense that all across the world, we’re a family of Mika fans who might come from completely different walks of life, but are yet linked through this crazy world of musical and creative brilliance.

I can’t wait for the next chapter in the Mika story. We’re in for something awesome, guys. I can just feel it.

:tears: It amazes me how sappy MFC and Mika can make me ...... then I read something like that and off I go again ..... I find it hard putting how I feel into words ..... but It's great that you can and do .... :huglove:

Mmmm :tears: :tears:

I'm not physically crying.. but inside I am...

Best day ever... Oh man.

I miss you all!

:flowers2::huglove:

I cried earlier today 'cause my sister and I were having a pretty deep conversation and she was like "I hope your Mika obsession fades" and I just burst out crying. She can see what it's doing/done to me :naughty:

I miss you all so much too :tears:

Seriously.

You guys are the best :wub2:

I cried earlier today 'cause my sister and I were having a pretty deep conversation and she was like "I hope your Mika obsession fades" and I just burst out crying. She can see what it's doing/done to me

I miss you all so much too :

Seriously.

You guys are the best :wub2

Ohhh :tears::flowers2:

I don't think I'll ever meet a more devoted fan than you :wub2: Mika is really lucky. :naughty:

:tears::huglove:

I agree. You guys are all so amazing... :wub2:

OK, FINALLY the complete list. Here they are, in case someone wants to update the front page:

Meeting:

Grace Kelly:

Big Girl:

Billy Brown:

Stuck In The Middle:

Love Today:

Lollipop:

Grace Kelly2:

goodbye:

&fmt=22

Ok, what the heck, here the new ones. I hope that they will be safe

TB:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdfuUKmHLe4&fmt=22

BIOTG:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7eKa-0SKoc&fmt=22

GGG:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XILstP_D3DA&fmt=22

BE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrBnXl-2U9s&fmt=22

Great videos!! THANKS A LOT!!! It seems like we all were there.....

THANKS EVERYBODY for the reports and videos!!!

:)

Ohhh :tears :flowers2

I don't think I'll ever meet a more devoted fan than you :wub2: Mika is really lucky. :naughty:

:tears::huglove:

I agree. You guys are all so amazing... :wub2:

Really? I always thought all MFCers were on the same level of devotion :naughty:

-sigh- :emot-sad:

:lol3: You're pretty high up there :naughty:

I went to a carnival yesterday and went on the spinny space ship that messes with gravity that we went on. :lol3:

Translation: You're a lunatic.:naughty:

Ohh fun!!! :punk:

Good times :wub2:

..... That's possible :naughty: Same with you! Wee hee! Hahaha

:lol3:

I still feel like my obsession isn't as strong.. Its making me feel really sad *SIGH*

No, I was saying that that's what you were thinking about me :naughty:

(or did you get that?)

Aww man :thumbdown:

I'm sure it'll be back once the album's out :original:

I thought mine was going to be gone, but it's stronger than ever now :lol3:

No, I was saying that that's what you were thinking about me :naughty:

(or did you get that?)

Aww man :thumbdown:

I'm sure it'll be back once the album's out :original:

I thought mine was going to be gone, but it's stronger than ever now :lol3:

:doh: Nevermind haha, Got it now. No, I don't think you're a lunatic haha.

Hahah Awww :wub2: Lucky..

Funny memory: During the gig, I remember looking over to my left, and I could see the MFCers in front because the stage was kind of curved.

I see huge smiles everywhere, and I look at Mana and she has streams of tears coming down from her eyes, with a huge grin plastered on.

And then I look next to her at Andrew (This was during Billy Brown), and at that moment Mika was hitting the high note in Billy Brown, and I see Andrew close his eyes, clench his fists, and open his mouth really wide and try to hit the high note :lol3: He looked so focused and determind he would get it, and then he takes a gulp of his beer. Hahahah. That made me giggle on top of the other giggles caused by Mika.

Funny memory: During the gig, I remember looking over to my left, and I could see the MFCers in front because the stage was kind of curved.

I see huge smiles everywhere, and I look at Mana and she has streams of tears coming down from her eyes, with a huge grin plastered on.

And then I look next to her at Andrew (This was during Billy Brown), and at that moment Mika was hitting the high note in Billy Brown, and I see Andrew close his eyes, clench his fists, and open his mouth really wide and try to hit the high note :lol3: He looked so focused and determind he would get it, and then he takes a gulp of his beer. Hahahah. That made me giggle on top of the other giggles caused by Mika.

Ok, but I am :naughty:

I know :)

Aww that's so cute! She was crying? :wub2:

Andrew :lmao:

Love them.

ah haha

*has superly funny mental images*

:lmao:

It'll most likely never be released :naughty:

You never know with Mika. :rolls_eyes:

I think he's mostly afraid of us. :original:

lol I think I definitely scared him off in Hammersmith :roftl: I was talking to him and he walked off half way through my sentence, and I was like "hey you gotta come back and record this!" but then he just carried on walking, no explanation as to why he went or anything! Rooooo-hooooood!

lol I think I definitely scared him off in Hammersmith :roftl: I was talking to him and he walked off half way through my sentence, and I was like "hey you gotta come back and record this!" but then he just carried on walking, no explanation as to why he went or anything! Rooooo-hooooood!

That's sad. He has no manners :sneaky2:

Hahah. A gold heart by itself, especially in the form of a picture, has nothing to do with prostitutes. But "a hooker with a heart of gold" is an established saying:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hooker_with_a_heart_of_gold

Just reading all through this thread now...

From that Wikipedia entry:

The hooker with a heart of gold (also the whore with a heart of gold[1] or the tart with a heart) is a stock character in which a fallen woman, usually a prostitute, is in fact a kindly and internally wholesome person. This character is often a pivotal, but peripheral, character in literature and motion pictures, usually giving key advice or serving as a go-between. She is sometimes established in contrast to another female character who is morally perfect but frigid or otherwise unyielding. In early stories these hookers were usually named Amanda, which in Latin means "loveable". These girls were sold in the streets and often publicly humiliated.

:licks_lips::das::lol3:

Hope my mother didn't know about that when she named me...

Girls!!! I beg tell me, I was exhausted. On the first page in this theme the links to all are presented to the photos or it is necessary to search also in similar themes? I am tired to jump from page on page for all hares. Also I has very much got confused, am afraid to pass.

Whether it is necessary to me to look through all 104 pages to collect all material? I such greedy...The third day I jump...

ROFLMAO!

*dies laughing*

At first I was like OMG, she's going to mention that I was bawling, ugh, so embarrasing. Then I read that little snippet about Andrew and nearly fell off my chair laughing. I could barely read it out loud to him 'cause I was laughing so hard. :lol3:

Thanks for that, Vanessa. That totally made might night. The tough StandardToaster doesn't want everyone to know he's just as much of a fangurl as the rest of us, but he can only hide it so long. :roftl:

Girls!!! I beg tell me, I was exhausted. On the first page in this theme the links to all are presented to the photos or it is necessary to search also in similar themes? I am tired to jump from page on page for all hares. Also I has very much got confused, am afraid to pass.

Whether it is necessary to me to look through all 104 pages to collect all material? I such greedy...The third day I jump...

Everything should be on the front page. There is no need to read all 105 pages if you don't have time. :thumb_yello:

Edited by lollipop_monkey

This seriously made me giggle. Oh, and the visions of you and Andrew are spot on. I was standing right next to y'all giggling. I loved it! Next time, want to be right next to y'all again. Best place to be. :wub2:

Just reading all through this thread now...

From that Wikipedia entry:

The hooker with a heart of gold (also the whore with a heart of gold[1] or the tart with a heart) is a stock character in which a fallen woman, usually a prostitute, is in fact a kindly and internally wholesome person. This character is often a pivotal, but peripheral, character in literature and motion pictures, usually giving key advice or serving as a go-between. She is sometimes established in contrast to another female character who is morally perfect but frigid or otherwise unyielding. In early stories these hookers were usually named Amanda, which in Latin means "loveable". These girls were sold in the streets and often publicly humiliated.

:licks_lips::das::lol3:

Hope my mother didn't know about that when she named me...

Everything should be on the front page. There is no need to read all 105 pages if you don't have time. :thumb_yello:

It is necessary to collect all over again all)). I already was almost on the middle, but during any time at night, I sleepless have turned back and it has appeared again in the beginning). And from video also. Has taken a little. Has then found out HQ.. Began to take it. In general, all alternately and on some times).