TOY BOY - Lyrics Discussion

Suzy

This is a case where the answer is too much fun and too easy. I wandered away, knowing I shouldn't, and came back because I just can't resist it. No offense intended, so please, don't snap back except in fun....

Sincere apologies in advance!

Oh damm...

Did you wish......????

Well, I guess all you young things will have to cross him off your list of prospective husbands, and try to find a decent straight guy somewhere else...

So where does that leave the poor fellow....?

Next concert, he'll look down the row of who's been waiting in line all day, and see all these oldling hags, all happily married with kids of their own, who just adore the music... and the person who sings it ....

Things will never be the same again!!!!

If only he'd guessed what he was giving away when he sang this song in public!!!!

I wished to know, and now I kinda don't want to know. I wouldn't want to if he was straight either. Takes the fun, mystery out of everything. :roftl:

and, BTW, me being a young thing doesn't label me as "in it for the looks" does it?

I loved Grace kelly before I knew who sang it.

and, BTW, me being a young thing doesn't label me as "in it for the looks" does it?

But, I mean, the looks are a bit of an added bonus aren't they? :das:

I have just gotten addicted to this song, I think it's so clever. I cannot wait for the recorded version.

And I love how he sings it melodic like a lullaby and the tinkling noise to me sounds like a jewelry box when you open it and the ballerina turns.

And I love how he sings it melodic like a lullaby and the tinkling noise to me sounds like a jewelry box when you open it and the ballerina turns.

Me too! :wub2:

I think it's very clever how he related the sounds and instruments to the theme of the song.

I keep singing this song in my head .....

but it morphs into "I'm a lonely little petunia in an onion patch" :shocked:

Don't know why - they are not at all similar, either musically or lyric-wise :bleh:

:shocked::roftl::roftl:

And if there's an image coming to my head when i sing the...

"Maybe you'd be better with a barbie girl" lyrics, it's this...

barbie_soup.jpg

I keep singing this song in my head .....

but it morphs into "I'm a lonely little petunia in an onion patch" :shocked:

Don't know why - they are not at all similar, either musically or lyric-wise :bleh:

Edit :shocked:

This is the full song I know

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MH4k1etDHk

I had absolutely no idea 'til I looked for it on youtube just now tha Imogen Heap had done a version :shocked:

Life is full of surprises :shocked:

I'm excited to hear the studio version of it. I think it's going to be the one with the Disney-sounding music in it :naughty:

Yes it is! Someone said so yesterday: listen the vlog and you can hear "she's the meanest hag..." before he clicks to turn off his voice channel. :naughty:

Aaawww, that cat with the Barbie!!

I wished to know, and now I kinda don't want to know. I wouldn't want to if he was straight either. Takes the fun, mystery out of everything. :roftl:

Saved - by Grace Kelly! I got caught that way too! And by the video, so I have no defence!

I wasn't having a go at you for being "in it for the looks", or it would be fanclub dismissed, with very few left standing (and me not amongst them.:roftl:) Hopefully not our main reason, but certainly an added bonus. :naughty:

My point is, that singing that song, any song, did not spoil his 'pretty'.

So if you were/are upset, it would not have been for that reason.

Anyway, I'm sorry for any upset I caused you. - You were only the catalyst that triggered me. :huglove:

It was mostly because of the instant reactions others also had on hearing it for the first time. :thumbdown:

I like the mystery too, and I'm proud of Mika, because I actually think it is the harder road.

Luckily, as we have proven with the discussion in this thread so far, if you don't like the instant assumption you made, there's at least one more interpretation you can choose. :wink2:

Although that's not a nice choice either, possibly between "I'm gay" and "I feel powerless and abused". I think my preferred option is that when the ineveitable questions require a journalistic answer, he reveals another third party outlook - another friend he just happened to write about...

Hey, that is what I thougth to hear all the time. And then I kept on thinking that it didn't make sense......

I then thought he maybe extended the crueeeeeeel cross.....??

I agree. I got that when I watched his mouth form the words on the video. He does not seem to shape "blue'.

Yes it is! Someone said so yesterday: listen the vlog and you can hear "she's the meanest hag..." before he clicks to turn off his voice channel. :naughty:

Aaawww, that cat with the Barbie!!

:jawdrop:

You're right :naughty:

Yay! :groovy:

EDIT: Also, the violin bit in the beginning of the new music vlog is part of "Toy Boy" too :das:

Edited by Fmbm

Hey, that is what I thougth to hear all the time. And then I kept on thinking that it didn't make sense......

I then thought he maybe extended the crueeeeeeel cross.....??

And as so many already said....I think so too!:roftl:

I have just gotten addicted to this song, I think it's so clever. I cannot wait for the recorded version.

Me too! :wub2:

I think it's very clever how he related the sounds and instruments to the theme of the song.

feel exactly the same as both of you :wub2:

so, heart of gold in a smaller size then?

I hear in a smaller size as well