MIKA @ Sadlers Wells | London, UNITED KINGDOM - Reserved Seating No Queueing

dcdeb

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The confirmation for Neiobi's tickets was 12 minutes past, for those who want to calculate :blink: I was dumb enough to buy Berlin tickets first, not noticing that it's GA :doh:

Wow.. 12 minutes and already a second row?.. But actually, that makes me feel a bit better.

I was dumb enough to get confused and buy first circle instead of stalls... My stalls were bought later the same day and looking at other people's times I'll be in 6-7th row. But still, I bought the first ticket at 1.30 so had no chance for 1-2 row from the start. Yep, for some reason I do feel better. Thank you :)

Wow.. 12 minutes and already a second row?.. But actually, that makes me feel a bit better.

I was dumb enough to get confused and buy first circle instead of stalls... My stalls were bought later the same day and looking at other people's times I'll be in 6-7th row. But still, I bought the first ticket at 1.30 so had no chance for 1-2 row from the start. Yep, for some reason I do feel better. Thank you :)

Well there's only like 22 seats in the first row, so when you're able to buy 4 then it's not that strange I guess :blink: 6th/7th row is not bad though, think there's gonna be a good view from almost everywhere in that venue :teehee:

Well there's only like 22 seats in the first row, so when you're able to buy 4 then it's not that strange I guess :blink: 6th/7th row is not bad though, think there's gonna be a good view from almost everywhere in that venue :teehee:

Yes, I think even that first circle ticket, that I ended up giving to my sister, will have a brilliant view. But seems like I'm (and I don't think I'm alone here) a little bit obsessed with the rows and seats on this tour :teehee:

And me :naughty:

Me too!

I wasn't one of the earliest to join but still like that idea. Maybe those who joined in the first 6 -7 months of 2007? hehehehe

I like it... I guess on the U2 site it stops people joining only to get the presale code... then again, I joined to get the presale codde... but also for the shiny freebies, and now I'm part of a community that is going to do a scavenger hunt where you get extra points for having a poptart in the picture!

I don't know,sorry, it was Kata that bought the tickets:bleh: But I think she bought them right after they were put on sale!

Oh I'm sorry but I don't like that policy... I think that people who have joined in recently aren't less fans than the ones that have been here since the start.

Not because I haven't been here for a long time myself, it's just that sometimes it can be unfair...

And excuse me if you were only joking about this!:aah:

I can see why it might be annoying and not fair... but I'll tell you what happened with me with the U2 site and how it works...

I subscribed to the U2 site in February this year... when I found out about how the presale codes work, I thought I would be in the last group because I joined just before they changed the site and announced the tour. It seems that I'm actually part of the second group of people.

From what I understand of it, the people who joined a few days (and probably up to a couple of weeks) before the tour was announced managed to get in the last group. It's a good way to encourage people to join a site and get involved, rather than just join for the presales. I'm going to assume that when they finish the 360 tour, record their next album and do the next tour I (hopefully) will be in the first group.

Besides, your presale code is only good for one transaction. Though a lot of people did a really cool thing. They could buy up to four tickets using the one code, and they swapped tickets with people who were going to other concerts so they could go to four different concerts and still get pretty good seats.

I know of quite a few people who bought four tickets to the one concert and have swapped their extra tickets for other cities.

I do understand what you are saying and I suppose in some ways it would be a little unfair, I'm not in anyway saying that those who joined in Feb 07 are any biger or better fans than those who joined today, it's just there has to be some kind of quantifiable seperation.

I do also think it would be nice for those who have been there from the beginning and are still here to have a little extra reward for that. Maybe include a rule that says if you got the first opp to buy tickets for one gig you don't qualify for that for the other gigs in that tour, even things out abit. Okay i'm rambling now..gonna go...

That's completely right!

If you read what I said about U2, then you'll see what they do... I quite like it. I just think we're damn lucky that we're getting first go at the tickets at all... He really didn't have to do it...

Yes, I think even that first circle ticket, that I ended up giving to my sister, will have a brilliant view. But seems like I'm (and I don't think I'm alone here) a little bit obsessed with the rows and seats on this tour :teehee:

Hehe yeah guess we all are to some extend. Think I'll have a good one for this gig, so I don't care as much about Berlin now :aah:

Yeah, I totally am! It's kinda strange to not be in control of where I am, my hearing problems usually mean it's important for me to be right at the front but whole place has fitted hearing loop so that's not a problem this time.

That's completely right!

If you read what I said about U2, then you'll see what they do... I quite like it. I just think we're damn lucky that we're getting first go at the tickets at all... He really didn't have to do it...

Interesting! Sounds like the way forward. And I totally agree, for all my moaning I'm not going to lose sight of how lucky we are! The tickets that have gone on general sale (See Tickets anyway) are all 2nd circle.

I like it... I guess on the U2 site it stops people joining only to get the presale code... then again, I joined to get the presale codde... but also for the shiny freebies, and now I'm part of a community that is going to do a scavenger hunt where you get extra points for having a poptart in the picture!

I can see why it might be annoying and not fair... but I'll tell you what happened with me with the U2 site and how it works...

I subscribed to the U2 site in February this year... when I found out about how the presale codes work, I thought I would be in the last group because I joined just before they changed the site and announced the tour. It seems that I'm actually part of the second group of people.

From what I understand of it, the people who joined a few days (and probably up to a couple of weeks) before the tour was announced managed to get in the last group. It's a good way to encourage people to join a site and get involved, rather than just join for the presales. I'm going to assume that when they finish the 360 tour, record their next album and do the next tour I (hopefully) will be in the first group.

Besides, your presale code is only good for one transaction. Though a lot of people did a really cool thing. They could buy up to four tickets using the one code, and they swapped tickets with people who were going to other concerts so they could go to four different concerts and still get pretty good seats.

I know of quite a few people who bought four tickets to the one concert and have swapped their extra tickets for other cities.

That's completely right!

Well when you say that, yes it makes sense, because some people just hear about the presale codes and just join the community to take advantage of that...

I'd honestly love it if that was done here or in the mikasounds website. Everyone would get their chance to get the presale codes, and not just anyone who just joined in hearing about the treats of joining and not really caring about being a part of the community.

I wouldn't be annoyed if some extra rewards were in fact given to the members who have been here from the start. I think you do deserve it, and I know why do you think there should be something more! You have been participating and helping for a long time now.

I don't want to be seen as someone who's against that, because I'm not!

I think putting the tickets on pre-sale for us was already another step, and I think as a community we're very lucky!

Edited by Neiobi

I don't know,sorry, it was Kata that bought the tickets:bleh: But I think she bought them right after they were put on sale!

Oh I'm sorry but I don't like that policy... I think that people who have joined in recently aren't less fans than the ones that have been here since the start.

Not because I haven't been here for a long time myself, it's just that sometimes it can be unfair...

And excuse me if you were only joking about this!:aah:

No, of course they aren't less fans, or like him less, but this is not what these policies are about.

It's about rewarding the fans who have built the community, and made it what it is. It's about rewarding the hard work of the people who took a site from scratch and worked shoulder to shoulder with Team Mika in order to get these perks and access to these things in the first place.

It may not seem fair to someone who falls outside the time category (whichever that may be, "if" this was ever the way that it was done here as well), but it does seem fair to me as a general policy.

Everyone had the chance to hear Mika in early 2007 when his record came out, and look him up on the internet and support him by buying his releases and going to his gigs.

He didn't get to sell the PDP show because people were waiting at home in order to get inspired to follow him and create a stir. He did that because many fans were very active, very vocal, and promoted him relentlessly and spread the Mika love. This community has grown into what it is due to its members, and it's only logical (and fair) that the long term members get rewarded in some way or another.

This will always be a sore subject for whoever doesn't fall in the category that they believe may be considered for such a hypothetical division, but it does seem to be the most rational way. And, as Nico explained, it happens in many or even dare I say most fanclubs.

Antiguity is a grade, like we say in Spanish. You just can't change that.

No, of course they aren't less fans, or like him less, but this is not what these policies are about.

It's about rewarding the fans who have built the community, and made it what it is. It's about rewarding the hard work of the people who took a site from scratch and worked shoulder to shoulder with Team Mika in order to get these perks and access to these things in the first place.

It may not seem fair to someone who falls outside the time category (whichever that may be, "if" this was ever the way that it was done here as well), but it does seem fair to me as a general policy.

Everyone had the chance to hear Mika in early 2007 when his record came out, and look him up on the internet and support him by buying his releases and going to his gigs.

He didn't get to sell the PDP show because people were waiting at home in order to get inspired to follow him and create a stir. He did that because many fans were very active, very vocal, and promoted him relentlessly and spread the Mika love. This community has grown into what it is due to its members, and it's only logical (and fair) that the long term members get rewarded in some way or another.

This will always be a sore subject for whoever doesn't fall in the category that they believe may be considered for such a hypothetical division, but it does seem to be the most rational way. And, as Nico explained, it happens in many or even dare I say most fanclubs.

Antiguity is a grade, like we say in Spanish. You just can't change that.

To be honest, I didn't even think of it as you said, and I admit that was my problem... I jumped a bit into it.

I really think it took a long time and a lot of hard work to build this community, and to make it a better place for everyone. And I'm really thankful for being here, for being available to be part of it!

I think that Mika wouldn't actually be so big if it wasn't for the many long term fans that worked hard as you said...

I realize now why do you want those treats. It makes sense... And I'm sorry I just change my ideas so quickly, but on my previous posts I wasn't aware why exactly was this talked about so often and why is it something that wants to be achieved.

What would exactly be the rewards? I know it may not be clear yet, but I'm thinking of it and nothing comes to my mind... Maybe pre-sale codes be given first to those members?

I know where I am sitting ... I am very excited :woot_jump::yay::boing:

Floats on cloud to heaven etc etc etc ... and no I'm not front row .... I can still be shy and hide behind someone else :wink2:

I know where I am sitting ... I am very excited :woot_jump::yay::boing:

Floats on cloud to heaven etc etc etc ... and no I'm not front row .... I can still be shy and hide behind someone else :wink2:

I still have no idea! Lol. Part of me want to know, the other bit isn't so sure! Lol! :roftl:

Right now I'm more concerned about finding a good strapless bra in my side to go under my dress! :naughty:

How does everybody know their seat assignment already? Oh, I want to know so badly..it's driving me nuts! LOL! I purchased almost immediately..so, should be good...right?

If you gave a non-UK address where the tickets should be delivered they are supposed to have sent you a mail aready:wink2:

Just taking the opportunity to wail about forgetting to take my credit card to work the day they went on sale.

When did you buy Agnieszka- I bought at about 16:20 and from CazGirl's place I'm reckoning row 5-6 ish? Though it might depend a bit on number of seats bought. Though single tickets in a lot of venues are right on the side.

On the other subject- I'm not convinced MFC numbers are big enough yet to start worrying about ranking existing or near future members in order of time or anything else.

There's 70-80 of us on the list for London- the only UK accoustic gig and the first for a year. What's that? 4 rows or so- if only MFC had presale, as was planned?

Don't see why you could buy 4 tickets though.

I'm assuming it is Viv, I've heard some people say they have CC tickets for the stalls so it would seem so. Any idea where you and Vix will be yet?

Edited by Mikafish
Stuid shift button strikes again!

Just taking the opportunity to wail about forgetting to take my credit card to work the day they went on sale.

When did you buy Agnieszka- I bought at about 16:20 and from CazGirl's place I'm reckoning row 5-6 ish? Though it might depend a bit on number of seats bought. Though single tickets in a lot of venues are right on the side.

On the other subject- I'm not convinced MFC numbers are big enough yet to start worrying about ranking existing or near future members in order of time or anything else.

There's 70-80 of us on the list for London- the only UK accoustic gig and the first for a year. What's that? 4 rows or so- if only MFC had presale, as was planned?

Don't see why you could buy 4 tickets though.

To make sure your group is sat together? It would be really difficult to get seats together if everyone had to buy them seperately!

To make sure your group is sat together? It would be really difficult to get seats together if everyone had to buy them seperately!

But could also mean 3/4 of the people in the presale area aren't MFC at all. It seems silly to argue enthusiastically about which MFCers should be nearest the front then alllow so many seats to go to non-members.

But could also mean 3/4 of the people in the presale area aren't MFC at all. It seems silly to argue enthusiastically about which MFCers should be nearest the front then alllow so many seats to go to non-members.

I really don't think that's the case though :blink: Or maybe I'm really naive :boxed:

I really don't think that's the case though :blink: Or maybe I'm really naive :boxed:

I'm not sure. I know there's been a lot of swapping, and some people won't have put themselves on the list- I suppose we'll see how many rows are MFCers. And at a post-album tour, I think it would be different, with more friends wanting tickets. (Not mine though, the ignorant lot!)

WHERE DO YOU THINK RESERVED SEATS FOR FRIENDS RELATIVES AND VIPS WILL BE???? :wink2:

(first 1-2 rows, I guess, unless it's filmed)