Transporting the MFC flag to gigs

RAK1

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The colour change affects not only the flag, but all our original badges/bags/merch etc...I have about 20 badges waiting for the next tour to give people in Japan...oh no...

Anybody need/want badges with our logo on it? I could send them?? Nice piece of MFC history anyone?:aah:

It's not the colours on Mika's website that are the problem. It's the black text boxes with white text. As long as the text areas are readable I don't think the other colours on the page will be an eye strain.

We can always make adjustments once everyone starts using it. They are not asking us to use any specific design, just come up with something that is closer to Mika's theme than this totally unrelated branding we have right now.

I love the idea because I think the brown/orange is hideous and dated and it makes sense to me that MFC is based on what Mika is doing, rather than on some random bulletin board template sunnymonkey chose yonks ago.

Mika is:mf_rosetinted:

Good idea Kath- It's high time the big guy started pulling his weight around gigs. Let's get him to carry the flag around :mf_lustslow:

It's not the colours on Mika's website that are the problem. It's the black text boxes with white text. As long as the text areas are readable I don't think the other colours on the page will be an eye strain.

We can always make adjustments once everyone starts using it. They are not asking us to use any specific design, just come up with something that is closer to Mika's theme than this totally unrelated branding we have right now.

I love the idea because I think the brown/orange is hideous and dated and it makes sense to me that MFC is based on what Mika is doing, rather than on some random bulletin board template sunnymonkey chose yonks ago.

If only for that reason only, I'd go with the change :naughty:

Wasn't Sunnys reason for choosing these colours, was because it was easier for dyslexic people to read!

I would of thought that would be quite close to Mikas heart?

Wasn't Sunnys reason for choosing these colours, was because it was easier for dyslexic people to read!

I never heard that, Rose, but since he didn't choose such colors for his

own site, mikasounds, I would guess that it really doesn't matter that much to him! :naughty:

This template is stock and was not designed for MFC. The only part we read is beige with black text. The brown, yellow and orange are mostly for decoration but it looks like a 1970s shag carpet to me. :teehee:

Mika is:mf_rosetinted:

love your idea kath! how are we going to persuade him to do that:roftl::roftl:

very well said christine:thumb_yello:

I absolutly agree that something easy on the eye is very important...we want to be as accessible and open to as many people as possible. But as Christine says...it is the text boxes that are really important, the rest is decoration. And I agree that it would certainly look better (in my opinion) if it actually looked as if we belonged.....and were not just a link to an almost unrelated site.

Good idea Kath- It's high time the big guy started pulling his weight around gigs. Let's get him to carry the flag around :mf_lustslow:

:roftl: Makes perfect sense:naughty:

As long as somebody tells me in good time, what the new colour scheme is, I don't care if its green with purple spots, as long as I get the flag ready for the autumn!!!

SO, back to my original dilemma, getting it from Berlin to Amsterdam!

If only for that reason only, I'd go with the change :naughty:

Maybe Andy could help? LOL!

The problem is Berlin is the first gig, if it weren't it would be easier to ask them. I'm sure at the moment they have bigger priorites to consider, than helping us with this.

Not saying he wouldn't help, it strikes me that he would, but I feel it would be a bit cheeky to ask.

Maybe Andy could help? LOL!

The problem is Berlin is the first gig, if it weren't it would be easier to ask them. I'm sure at the moment they have bigger priorites to consider, than helping us with this.

Not saying he wouldn't help, it strikes me that he would, but I feel it would be a bit cheeky to ask.

Is Sari not going to Berlin? If so, she could take it and ask Andy to take it to Amsterdam?

This template is stock and was not designed for MFC. The only part we read is beige with black text. The brown, yellow and orange are mostly for decoration but it looks like a 1970s shag carpet to me. :teehee:

Yes, we only need the giant swirly patterns :naughty:

Aww, I'm gonna miss the old colors. They were quite "peaceful" in some way!

Anybody need/want badges with our logo on it? I could send them?? Nice piece of MFC history anyone?:aah:

Oooh! Wouldn't say no to that :fisch:

Andy is shunning us. :sneaky2:

Is he? What have we done?

Damned cheek:shocked:

He is alright! :sneaky2: And if only he knew that we're the people who he should be nicest to and fear less from, if anything :naughty:.

I hope it has nothing to do with the big red bow I displayed on here. :blink:

Hmmm...I wouldn't think so, Suzy.

What's rattled his cage?

I think that his love affair with mfc'ers is over for now. But I guess that we'll soon see!

oh, I didn't joke.. :blink: if we ask him nicely.. :fisch: john?

I do like the new mika website colours. serious.

but I agree with silver, mfc's old yellow looks has the taste of good ol' things, and a flavour that's more than pure layout appearence.. :wub2:

I do like it too, but how do you ever want to match that with the textboxes? I mean, there aren't colours on that site that match and look easy to read at the same time.

Yes, that's something we really want to keep in mind. The biggest thing about this site is that while the brown/orange/beige isn't sexy, it's very, very readable. I think most people can sit on MFC for hours without getting eye strain. We'll definitely be conscious of that when thinking of how to implement Mika's new colours. :thumb_yello:

True.

Yeah, I don't really like the brown/orange either.:naughty:

:roftl:It does.

Is Sari not going to Berlin? If so, she could take it and ask Andy to take it to Amsterdam?

sariflor can take it to berlin, then i'm sure someone who is going to amsterdam will be found!

i'd leave andy to his filming job :thumb_yello:

sariflor can take it to berlin, then i'm sure someone who is going to amsterdam will be found!

i'd leave andy to his filming job :thumb_yello:

This is the problem, so far no one from MFC is.

And I don't want to give it to just anyone.