UK Newbie

Angelcakes

Hi everyone my name is Ange and I'm called Angelcakes on here (its a Buffy/Angel thing if anyone knows what I mean).

I have recently joined after signing up for the mikasounds page too.

I first heard Mika on Jools Holland. I'm a big Divine Comedy fan and I had recorded Jools Holland Neil Hannon was on and as I was fast forwarding Mika caught my eye. I listened to Grace Kelly and thought it was very different, but I liked it. My husband then found the Dodgy Holiday EP on the internet, downloaded it and we were both hooked !

I will always remember Mika and the song Grace Kelly for a particular reason. I had never heard the song on the radio (although had listened to the EP many times).

I heard it on Thursday 18th Jan 07 - why do I know the exact date ? I was in labour with my son at the time and they had the radio on in the delivery suite ! I remember being really excited that he was becoming known and it made me really happy to hear him.

I always associate him with that special time. My son is also a fan and sings along to Love Today (he is 2 now !)

Hello to all the fans out there. I have booked for Sadlers Wells (I'm up in the second circle) and I'm really excited as its the first time I will have seen him live !!!! :biggrin2:

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mikafish - I'm from Blackpool (for my sins) - I went to St Martin's in Lancaster in my youth, so I know it quite well !

Babspanky, I will go and look at that thread thanks !

Wow! Small world! Will have to make sure we get introduced at the gig! :thumb_yello: