MIKA @ Sadlers Wells, London - June 8 2009 - Gig Reports, Photos & Videos

Blue Sky

that's cuz you are still on a cloud... it will come back to you!

oh i expect he won't stay away forever... after all, we have the best poutine :mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted:

:lmao:

I hope so... And hope it'll do soon enough!:naughty::aah::wub2:

hope the cloud comes to you soon enough:teehee:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am reading your report Caz.. loving it!:biggrin2: Who would remember me.. I appreciate it! I enjoyed our "bloody" talk:teehee:

As soon as I can write something decent about the gig I'll make a list of the people I've met there. I started writing them all down when there was nothing to do on the plane:naughty:

And I saw you at the travelodge! But I thought you wouldn't recognize me so I didn't bother to say anything :aah:

Am reading your report Caz.. loving it!:biggrin2: Who would remember me.. I appreciate it! I enjoyed our "bloody" talk:teehee:

As soon as I can write something decent about the gig I'll make a list of the people I've met there. I started writing them all down when there was nothing to do on the plane:naughty:

And I saw you at the travelodge! But I thought you wouldn't recognize me so I didn't bother to say anything :aah:

Aha yes! The bloody one! :roftl: I remember that. Settling into London life very well :roftl:

Aha yes! The bloody one! :roftl: I remember that. Settling into London life very well :roftl:

:roftl: I guess I could only at least try to give it a go at british expressions once so I did... They're so addictive:teehee:

I could only pretend I was a londoner for one day though.. I don't think I would manage anything more than that:roftl:

Tomorrow, I promise:wink2:

Thank you, dear Rosie, just heard you at the video, you were funny...

what's your fav cheese?

what's my fav tune?

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeese!

:roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl:

Thank you, dear Rosie, just heard you at the video, you were funny...

what's your fav cheese?

what's my fav tune?

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeese!

:roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl:

I think he's going deaf!:naughty:

:roftl: I guess I could only at least try to give it a go at british expressions once so I did... They're so addictive:teehee:

I could only pretend I was a londoner for one day though.. I don't think I would manage anything more than that:roftl:

Lol, I believe I said to you that you could be British for a day, right? :thumb_yello:

Yep:biggrin2: That was a good suggestion... Wonder if I could do it:aah:

Well I think you done it very well! :biggrin2: I was impressed! Straight away I heard you say it, I was like..."did you just say 'bloody'??" :roftl:

But you have to agree cheese at that hour was very random indeed!:roftl:

You crack the guy up, woman!:naughty:

she could have asked when is the next time you are going to montreal but noooooooooooooooooooo the lady wanted to talk about cheese!!!! :lmao:

But you have to agree cheese at that hour was very random indeed!:roftl:

You crack the guy up, woman!:naughty:

It was Vickys idea, we couldn't go through with the original question, we decided it wasn't appropriate:naughty:

she could have asked when is the next time you are going to montreal but noooooooooooooooooooo the lady wanted to talk about cheese!!!! :lmao:

I think knowing his favourite cheese, was quite interesting, especially when I researched it!:naughty:

Well I think you done it very well! :biggrin2: I was impressed! Straight away I heard you say it, I was like..."did you just say 'bloody'??" :roftl:

Haha thanks!:bleh:

:roftl: I think it's quite catchy so I couldn't help to use it:teehee: It made me sound cool:mf_rosetinted:

That's the worst culprit - I recognise the picture - she deliberately blocked him in to go for the hug - it was an awkward moment but Mika was his usual gentlemanly self.

Ooooh... well there you go!

And I might have pulled her off if I'd been up there, I 'd never be so presumptious as to think I could do that, I'd ask him for a hug and leave it up to him.

Same here... I actually was going to ask for a hug when I saw him, but I got a bit shy...

Ass whooping:mf_rosetinted:

I'd never do that to you:roftl:

Hehe... oooh good, I'm glad you'll never do it to me!

Here's Relax (including my very ungraceful 'loading' onto the stage) and it's clear that only one woman (whose hair looks like the one in the blog picture) hugged Mika:

Thanks for the vid! And I squealed cause I saw the kangaroo, then squealed more when I saw Freddie with the croc!

It's just plain rude and disrespectful and her blog entry doesn't convince she's really sorry. She left the part of blocking him out. Not that I was there, but I can get really angry when I hear things like this. Like in Amsterdam, José posted a pic of a woman touching his hair when he was signing something, and I get really mad, because he's not a public 'thing'. Yes, he's a public person, but he deserves respect and he's not getting it by people just touching him.

Completely agree with you!

He was in a hurry to get to his aftershow party, but he certainly was happy, well he was when I saw him anyway!

Awwwwwwwww... 'The vid was fabby! Thanks for filming!

I got his autograph but didn't get to speak to him - I had people in front of me so just handed over my ticket to be signed - didn't even really see him :tears:

Awww silver.. you need to come here and see him... we had a calm experience... like hanging out with your mates...

Good evening everyone :wub2:

Show was fantastic , loved it ! ... and so nice to see all my fellow mfc'ers again ...

ok , so my highlights -

Freddie sending me to an empty bar and Brian May being stood there , and shaking his hand.

Seeing him again an hour later and him saying "oh , hello again :biggrin2:"

(For those who are wondering , Freddie was stood right in front of Brian a bit later after the show , but Brian was bombarded , it got a bit busier and we decided to leave it.....)

Oh i forgot about mika ..... haha!

not really much to say , show was great , fab to see him back in action again ... vocals were amazing ... My first stage invasion :naughty: ... saw him briefly afterwards , but too many tall people in front of me (Fred) for me to give him the petition , but freddie did ! .... he quickly flicked through the petition and moved on and signed our Ep's .... Im sure he'll have a better look in his private time :wink2:

And the text confusion - My battery was about to run out on my phone , I didnt realise when i used "mika seemed in a foul mood" and "petition" in the same sentance it would worry you all , sorry about that :huglove: It was a quick text as my battery was dying .... But what i meant was "mission success , the petition is with mika" and when i mentioned foul mood , it was nothing to do with the petition , he just seemed to want to quickly get down the queue and leave .... I wasnt sure if that had anything to do with what happened in the stage invasion or what , but i kinda guessed that may be why ..... To Me he just seemed a little bit ticked off ... and by the looks of it many other mfc'ers had noticed he didnt look happy with what had happened on stage .... so thats cleared up !

And im sorry to anyone i didnt get to say bye too .... my feet were killing me and i was a bit crippled , i have the biggest blister on my toe ever :naughty: But i think i said hello to almost everyone, So nice to see every single one of you again !!!!!! even if brief :wub2:

I'll upload the vid in a sec of the petition being handed over .... and Rose's random question ! LOL!

Love the run down cazzie! Sounds like a kick arse time! And :huglove: for giving him the book!

Love the video too!

Here is the video of mika getting the petition , its right at the very start and then continues to Roses random question :roftl:

Rose , you got his face in for almost everything else APART from your question ! Lol!

I'll have a few pics soon of London and i only have 2 of mika :boxed:

SQUEEEEEEE!!!!

but that has passed here that mika was angry mmmmmmm:blink: :shocked:

how?:boxed:

I do not understand anything:aah:

It was all a misunderstanding... it seemed that he was in a bit of a bad mood, but he was okay in the videos...

I thought we set this straight.

As far as I could see, he was NOT angry at the M&G!!!

Seems that way to me!

When I watch that video I see everyone having the time of their lives, a dancing crocodile and a kangaroo jumping across the stage, a humorous crazy lady and a slightly awkward/annoyed Mika, of which I don't understand why he is acting like that because he brought it on himself.

SO funny you should mention Queenstown just now, but also completely irrelevant so I'll take it to the Aussie thread :naughty:

Come to Australia, we probably have less fans at our meet and greets :das: (also less Mikas, but if you time it well, you could get lucky :naughty:)

I love the dancing croc and kangaroo jumping in the air...

Yeah, well if he wants to go bungee jumping that's the place to go!

We had 15, maybe 20 when he went in... there was me, Liz, Bec, DC, HK, mouselle, Jolene and PamRam and her friend at the start... so nine at the start... So yeah, less fans, but less Mika as well...

I dont regret it either :naughty::teehee:

I grabbed life by the balls lastnight :roftl:

:lmfao:

oh yes there is and I have pics of him receiving it...and guess what... BIG SMILES... no bad mood in sight, in fact he seemed really smiley the whole time, but if I am wrong then hell he needs an Oscar for his acting skills.:naughty:

You do? Ooooh, please post!

It was a bit of a misunderstanding I think...

But then again, maybe I'm not a mega fan. :naughty:

Evidently not :naughty:

Anyway, so we made it into London, updating my Facebook status on the way as I'm sure you're all aware. Teegs said she'd look out for them so I assume she told you the updates on here? I haven't looked.

I forgot to post them... :blush-anim-cl:

I think someone posted some though...

I asked what the codes meant.

I mentioned that we were supposed to find out on a particular day but it never happened, and then we were supposed to know on the date of the gig, but again it didn't happen. He said he wasn't sure, but he said from what he gathers, they're a bit like points. Y'know when you get points from Supermarkets and stuff? Like that. He said the more active you are as a fan, the more points you gain. You can use your points and spend them on, say, a Mika pen to.............A PRIVATE GIG AT YOUR HOUSE.

No lie. When he told me this my eyes went saucer wide and I just went silent. I asked him if he was serious and he said yes. I asked again, asking if he was being really serious, and he said yes. I couldn't really believe it. I wanted to, obviously, but seriously? Really? I think Celine or Jennie joined in the conversation at this point asking what Andy had said so I explained. They said that you probably need A LOT of points for that to which we agreed, if what he said was true. He said I shouldn't quote him on it, so it probably won't happen lol, but they were his words.

Are you kidding me????

I hope we can pool our points... :das::naughty:

I was just in front of Daz, Blue Sky and her husband in the queue(sorry forgot your forum name) and got chatting to them.

Sorry, had to comment on this..

I never knew Blue Sky went! :naughty:

I saw Freddie blowing up a kangaroo and a crocodile, and then it clicked. Teegs told me to look out for these animals and I had no idea why. Then it was explained to me that it was for the Australian Petition! It was rather funny, I took pics of Fred blowing them up :biggrin2: Fred put the kangaroo on the stage!

Yay! You saw the animals! I'd love to see the pics of Freddie blowing up the animals...

And OG, that just sounded wrong in my head! :lmfao:

Watch out Cazzie! :naughty:

Tee hee - you didn't get my forum name right either... but don't worry - people are always confusing Blue Sky and myself

Thought you'd comment on it...

Hi Laurel :huglove: It was lovely sitting with you - It was a great night, wasn't it :thumb_yello:

Here is a pic of Freddie for the aussies

picture.php?albumid=38&pictureid=3216

SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!

*takes pic and posts in the Aussie thread and petition thread*

Now tell me.. who the hell is this Daz person? :naughty:

:dunno:

OMFG I AM IN THIS VIDEO OMFG WHAT A GOOD VIDEO OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN SEE HIM SIGN MY.....SLTHVWAOETHWA TUAWIOERHEWQILRHQIRHAOHAWOERYWOAURYQC 9

:stretcher::stretcher:

SQUEEEEEE for you! You look soooo happy!

i haven't had that feeling in over 15 months :crybaby:

correction.. 17 months!!!

I haven't had that feeling for 2 years and 8 days... :fisch:

Sorry, had to get specific there! :naughty:

Just finished reading it all Caz... It's brilliant:wub2: I enjoyed the part where you met him... I haven't been two years waiting but I know there are people who have like you, Mary, and many more and I would just like to exchange some words with him, or just a wave or eye contact if I was waiting for so long... I think most of us would never get to meet him or anything if he wasn't able to meet us aswell in a way:wink2:

I think in the future it'll get harder and harder to squeeze into these M&G's, because there are going to be more fans, more unethical people, more nice people, but LOTS of people anyway:naughty: So I think most of you are quite lucky to be here since the very beggining and even now... Who knows how it'll turn out for future(say in 2-3 years) fans. Maybe they won't even think about meeting him as it'll be pretty unlikely... But I don't know. I just know that most artists don't do these M&Gs, even less famous artists, and I'm always really thankful for what he does for us. Even not being happy with is sometimes, he can't please everyone.. :biggrin2:

:lmao: possibly, but then again, i'm far away, so i wouldn't have noticed! :roftl:

Thanks for your support!:naughty:

I'm going to issue a challenge to him for the next tour, what I might do is pm it to Kath, so she can print it off and give it to him in Paris or NYC.

I would love to see if he mentions it during his blogs/vlogs.

Was going to ask him last night, but he was rushing, so didn't get the chance.

One other thing, while we were waiting for the support, act to start, Yasmine passed me twice walking along the front row. I said hello, and she said hi back. Very nice lady.

Here's Relax (including my very ungraceful 'loading' onto the stage) and it's clear that only one woman (whose hair looks like the one in the blog picture) hugged Mika:

Don't worry I've seen people looking more ungraceful than you climbing on a stage (including some artists themselves :naughty:)

It is clear to me that several people blocked him and touched him tho... and that he ran away :blink: I'm sorry but I don't think he was ready for such a stage invasion, he just looks scared, imo, and in a hurry to go off the stage. As for that woman, oh well, I'll never understand this. I don't hug strangers lol, especially men, especially celebs, because I wouldn't like a stranger to do that to me when I'm off guard. But apart from that, no real harm done, M's a big boy now, I'm sure he'll get over it ;)

Don't worry I've seen people looking more ungraceful than you climbing on a stage (including some artists themselves :naughty:)

It is clear to me that several people blocked him and touched him tho... and that he ran away :blink: I'm sorry but I don't think he was ready for such a stage invasion, he just looks scared, imo, and in a hurry to go off the stage. As for that woman, oh well, I'll never understand this. I don't hug strangers lol, especially men, especially celebs, because I wouldn't like a stranger to do that to me when I'm off guard. But apart from that, no real harm done, M's a big boy now, I'm sure he'll get over it ;)

Who blocked him? Is that what we were doing? Weren't we just standing there? He pushed me aside when he jumped from the piano, I wasn't really alert enough to figure out he would jump there and then, maybe others were a bit confused too? :boing: Okay the woman who hugged him clearly did it on purpose, but hey that's the risk he takes :blink: and yeah he'll probably survive :roftl:

A big collective THANK YOU :huglove: to all of you who posted a report.

I would feel silly writing one more as you have done it beautifully.

What struck me -apart from what you all have described so well- is the fact that Mica, a few times, was being Mika, not the mannerisms of an untalented artist, of course, but more as a wink thing towards his audience : 'Looks familiar ? I thought so !'.

He looked and I am sure felt incredibly comfortable with the crowd, the feedback was unbelievable but in a relaxed, friendly way. I am still feeling its warmth hours later.

Very generous show too. Two encores ! Actually I went back after the first curtain because I didn't want to get lost from my friends who were sitting in the side galleries so made my way to them.

There J. Penniman was filming the gig and I found it difficult to take my eyes off her -sorry, Mica ! She is the most elegant mover in the history of time, she makes even the boring and exhausting job of filming look like a ballet... She looked gorgeous is a very stylish and minimalist black dress. Very few dark women can get away with wearing black. She most certainly does.

After the last curtain I told her, still with that happy grin on my face -but to be honest, she had one too so we were even- : 'Every time we see him on stage we think he can't get better or go higher and then, the next time, he does...'. She thanked me graciously, adding : 'Oh, but he still has a long way to go.'. Deal, we'll go there with him !

Paris now, tickets not arrived yet, I luuuuve Sandbag... if it were a guy I would marry it.

Marie-Thérèse

:boing: I'm at the very end of that vid ... :boing: I'm the red head in the black jacket holding a strange cat and a bracelet ... it cuts off just before I ask him if I can give him these gifts .... :wub2: He'd already signed my book but not really looked at me - I'll do a full report on everything when I come back from work tonight ... but seeing that vid has made me very very happy :thumb_yello: