Blue Sky

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My London Video blog:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=233093775356&ref=mf

You need a facebook account to see it, but I don't think you have to be friends with me. Stupid MySpace cried copyright infringement and wouldn't let me post it there 'cause of the songs I used. :sneaky2:

Mana I can't believe that you used that picture from the shop with the bellydancing outfit :lmfao: you bad, bad girl :aah::aah:

Great video otherwise; It was fun to see everyone, but I can't help but cringe when I see myself on cam. Oh well. I do love how you captured the atmosphere!!

My London Video blog:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=233093775356&ref=mf

You need a facebook account to see it, but I don't think you have to be friends with me. Stupid MySpace cried copyright infringement and wouldn't let me post it there 'cause of the songs I used. :sneaky2:

Oh that is fab. It really made me smile. :biggrin2:

I didn't know that you'd found the Maple Leaf pub?? Did you ever think we'd be touring around London for real one day?

Gosh if only there was real Salmon Dance footage it would be complete. :teehee:

Oh goodness - I can see me on that vid - I'm in a red jcket, next to laurel in the second row :blush-anim-cl:

Oh I didn't know that was you. Nice! :thumb_yello:

I only spoke to Laurel I believe and even that was rushed because I was trying to track down Bab who was in the pub instead of the venue. :naughty: (She had my ticket.)

Mana I can't believe that you used that picture from the shop with the bellydancing outfit :lmfao: you bad, bad girl :aah::aah:

Yes that is exceptionally cruel. :aah:

But it was a nice afternoon to remember. Especially the cafe with the tarts in Chelsea.

I had just been thinking I'm not really in the mood for chasing Mika these days but I sure do miss London. Maybe one more chance before winter sets in? What do you say Mika? :wink2:

I only spoke to Laurel I believe and even that was rushed because I was trying to track down Bab who was in the pub instead of the venue. :naughty: (She had my ticket.):

Best place, or Nando's :naughty: Nah pub wins hands down.

I had just been thinking I'm not really in the mood for chasing Mika these days but I sure do miss London. Maybe one more chance before winter sets in? What do you say Mika? :wink2:

Oh please Mika! We always love to see Christine!

I only spoke to Laurel I believe and even that was rushed because I was trying to track down Bab who was in the pub instead of the venue. :naughty: (She had my ticket.)

Well, some things are more important then a Mikagig :biggrin2:.

Well, some things are more important then a Mikagig :biggrin2:.

Thanks Monie, I am glad the more cultured among us recognise that. :thumb_yello:

I didn't know that you'd found the Maple Leaf pub?? Did you ever think we'd be touring around London for real one day?

Yep! Maple Leaf Pub is near the London Transport Museum. :wub2:

And no, if someone had told me at New Years that we'd be wandering around London before July, I'd never have believed it. :roftl:

My other video blogs, including NYC and Paris are now up:

http://www.facebook.com/video/?id=866015356

If I had to help define where it is, I'd say near Covent Garden Market, or near the Royal Opera House:teehee:

We had numerous discussions about the London Transport Museum, most of them ending with me saying "I'm not wasting my time in London going there." :naughty:

I think she referenced it because she went to the Transport Museum and apparently the Maple Leaf pub without me. :teehee:

We had numerous discussions about the London Transport Museum, most of them ending with me saying "I'm not wasting my time in London going there." :naughty:

I think she referenced it because she went to the Transport Museum and apparently the Maple Leaf pub without me. :teehee:

:doh:

.. further proof that everything makes sense when explained..... even the album title will, eventually :biggrin2:

• 5 weeks later...

Just ran across this review of the gig in the Sun and wondered if it

ever was posted on MFC? I was in the UK at the time, so never saw it

until today -- don't remember ever seeing it here, but maybe it was.

If so, forgive me... but if not, thought it might be of interest :thumb_yello:

mikasadlerswells_sun.jpg

Published: 09 Jun 2009

Last night MG made an appearance at Sadler's Wells theatre to see curly haired GRACE KELLY singer MIKA perform an 'acoustic' set.

Expecting a low key affair, we were surprised to find on entering that Christmas appeared to have come early - with the sizeable band sitting on a stage strewn with sparkly mounds of silver decoration.

Wearing legging-tight jeans and a salmon pink blazer, the star pranced around the stage and chatted to the fanatical audience in between hits such as Love Today and Big Girl (You Are Beautiful) as well as the aforementioned No1 which kicked off the evening's proceedings.

He also used the concert to showcase some exciting new material, including heartfelt lament Lonely Alcoholic and potential chart champion Lady Jane, both taken from the Songs for Sorrow EP

However the real fun started on chirpy number Lollipop, with confetti exploding from the stage and a giant silver ball being passed into the pit along with dozens of big silver balloons.

The theatrics lent the venue a full-on party atmosphere and had the seated spectators jumping to their feet for a good old sing and dance, with the hyperactive energy lasting until the end of the show, which concluded with a double encore.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/mean_girls/2472510/Mika-performs-a-set-at-Sadlers-Wells.html

mikasadlerswells_sun.jpg

Last night MG made an appearance at Sadler's Wells theatre to see curly haired GRACE KELLY singer MIKA perform an 'acoustic' set.

Expecting a low key affair, we were surprised to find on entering that Christmas appeared to have come early - with the sizeable band sitting on a stage strewn with sparkly mounds of silver decoration.

Wearing legging-tight jeans and a salmon pink blazer, the star pranced around the stage and chatted to the fanatical audience in between hits such as Love Today and Big Girl (You Are Beautiful) as well as the aforementioned No1 which kicked off the evening's proceedings.

He also used the concert to showcase some exciting new material, including heartfelt lament Lonely Alcoholic and potential chart champion Lady Jane, both taken from the Songs for Sorrow EP

However the real fun started on chirpy number Lollipop, with confetti exploding from the stage and a giant silver ball being passed into the pit along with dozens of big silver balloons.

The theatrics lent the venue a full-on party atmosphere and had the seated spectators jumping to their feet for a good old sing and dance, with the hyperactive energy lasting until the end of the show, which concluded with a double encore.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/mean_girls/2472510/Mika-performs-a-set-at-Sadlers-Wells.html

:thumb_yello:

Wow!

I did not know there was an article about the SW show it in The Sun. :shocked:

I would have never thought there would be any so I did not check. (I check the online version every day, which I missed that one because I was in London that time.)

That's great news they showed some interest in the show.:thumb_yello:

mikasadlerswells_sun.jpg

i dont remember reading this before. t4p deb:thumb_yello:

love how they think of lady jane as 'a potential chart champion'

mikasadlerswells_sun.jpg

Is that how people look at us from the outside!?!:teehee::naughty:

Thanks for posting, nice article!:thumb_yello:

• 2 years later...

Is it possible that it's been ***3 YEARS*** already? *sigh*

Well... happy 3rd anniversary of the Sadlers Wells gig everyone! :yay:

Is it possible that it's been ***3 YEARS*** already? *sigh*

Well... happy 3rd anniversary of the Sadlers Wells gig everyone! :yay:

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww thanks! :wub2:

a whole life has passed in between :mf_rosetinted: