MIKA @ Cirque d'Hiver, Paris - June 11, 2009 - Gig reports, photos & videos

Niki27

Silly, forget the popcorn and make for the chocolate.

Hiya stranger, hope life is being good to you

You're alive!!! :yay: Life is being good to me thanks, how about you?

As for the message, it starts with "in your fridge with a good book"

Not sure what this all means :aah:

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With a good book and when you will go out again' date=' you will have a good bronchitis, but not the flu. You have as much chance to get the flu than getting bitten by an enraged bat.[/quote']

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

That's hilarious :roftl: ....I wonder where they found it.....

He cannot publish this picture in another folder as Mika's gig as far as he took this picture yesterday at M's concert, that's all :wink2:

Just being ironic about the World Health Organization declaring the start of a global pandemic (swine flu). The french governmen has to decide today if it's considered as a global pandemic here, people are being quite ironic on these days about swine flu here because there aren't so much cases. As far as a global pandemic bans meetings, and a gig is a meeting, that's ironic I guess :naughty:

:roftl: Thanks for clearing it up for me...Quite ironic indeed:naughty:

When it comes to the flu I think it's a thing that you should be aware of but not to live terrified of... Because most times people tend to exaggerate. Does that make sense?

Ah a last one!

Mika's dad was so PROUD of his son' date=' you could see his face totally radiant, it was a pleasure to see that!

A special thanks to Sariflor who kindly managed to get the two limited edition posters I had to get for Rose and Blue Sky, I could not find the merchandising and when I was told where it was, I was already out of the venue... And the security guy would not let me back in... SO THANKS SARI !!!!![/quote']

Aww I bet he was proud. I mean, who wouldn't be? He gives the best performances I've ever seen by anyone. I wish I could've seen his dad's face. (Partly because I wanna see the pride, partly because I've never seen him before. :naughty: )

He is razor blade, borderline worrying, thin... we should maybe think of bringing him junk food instead of stupid paintings ?

That is distressing, especially if he's having vocal problems already after only about 2 weeks on tour. I hate that he's so thin, but I do think he eats though!

That is distressing, especially if he's having vocal problems already after only about 2 weeks on tour. I hate that he's so thin, but I do think he eats though!

It was raining when he left London and I guess it's wet in Paris. This may be the first reason for his problems. :badmood:

He may be thin because of the stress, too...he does worry a lot as he's often stated in interviews and he's said that when he's brooding he can't sleep. :sad:

Yesterday's setlist in order : Grace Kelly | Lady Jane | Stuck in the middle | Blue eyes | Toy Boy | Billy Brown | Good gone girl | Over my shoulders | Big girls | Love today | Blame it on the girls | Happy ending | Lollipop || Grace Kelly (version française) | Lonely alcoholic | Rain || Relax || Love today

When you write it like that it even looks or sounds like a kind of poem or a song's lyrics:blink:

a real dark one....but with Mika you'll never know, do you?:wink2:

OK translation (but the beginning is weird' date=' I think beginning of the sentence might be missing?):

With a good book and when you will go out again, you will have a good bronchitis, but not the flu. You have as much chance to get the flu than getting bitten by an enraged bat.[/quote']

Yes, I cannot read the beginning of the sentence.

He is razor blade, borderline worrying, thin... we should maybe think of bringing him junk food instead of stupid paintings ?

:roftl: A painting of food?:wink2:

That was my thought also. He is just doing a few concerts (mind you, I myself wouldn't certainly be able to!) and already now losing his voice! I hope this won't be a problem for the rest of his lifelong career!

Now available in HD (1 hour for each upload :aah:) on Youtube

Toy Boy :

Lollipop :

Big Girl :

Don't forget to click on "HD" button :wink2:

:D Thank you!! HD=Love

Hmm, what kind of food does he like? I'll take him something whenever he does a show near me!

i had a great time in cirque d'hiver .. i was happy to meet some of you ..mika was just amazing ...it was the first time i could see him after the gig ..and it was just magical ...

i will post some pics asap ...

Arrived home yesterday and now i can properly write a report. Both gigs in Paris were ablsolutely amazing! I enjoyed them even more than the westerpark concert last year and given the fact that i loved westerpark so much that says a lot:biggrin2:

Cirque d'hiver is a very impressive venue, a real, very beautiful circus.

The first song was Grace Kelly and the moment the first notes were played everyone stood up and started clapping their hands. People were singing and clapping through the whole song. The concert had started in a very energetic way.

Listening to Lady Jane live was one of the highlights of the gig for me! It is my fave track on the EP and i cant properly describe how much i love this song:wub2: its live version was even better than the studio one and to say that Mika's voice sounded amazing is an understatement.

Next song was SITM and everyone stood up again clapping their hands and singing. Then it was time for Blue Eyes to be played and i have to say that each time i listen to this song i love it even more! It was a real treat to be able to hear it live!

Now what can i say about the celeste version of Toy Boy!! It was magical, the sound of the celeste suits the song perfectly!

Then he played Billy Brown with everyone singing along once again and then it was Good Gone Girl's turn. What a fantastic song GGG is, absolutely love it:wub2:

End of part 1 of the report

Part 2 coming up