MIKA @ Le Poisson Rouge, NY - June 23 2009 - reports, photos and videos

guylainem123

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the video of Mika receiving the jacket.

Sorry for the language:naughty::teehee:

th_171.jpg

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!! Wow!! I just watched this, how cool!!

I love the way he says: "I'mn gonna wear that for the show, keep an eye out" :wub2:. You must be thrilled and SO proud :mf_lustslow:

And I also think that he's making a point of saying: where do we put Latitude? It's nearly full (like Mana pointed out).

Yes, good point... that's why I would like to ask again why we are actually not giving the flag to him so that he can keep it as a memory of his most prescious tour?

I know I may not be too popular with this suggestion in the eye of some, but I really believe the flag should be given to him...perhaps at the Latitude festival...

?

...at the same time, I know I did not contribute to expenses of buying the raw materials for it...etc. but I am sure MFCers signing it would put together the money so that we can give it to him as a present...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!! Wow!! I just watched this, how cool!!

I love the way he says: "I'mn gonna wear that for the show, keep an eye out" :wub2:. You must be thrilled and SO proud :mf_lustslow:

:annoyed_h4h: What do you have to put on clothes so he wears them? :sneaky2:

:roftl:

Hope he'll keep his word. I will definitely look out for the jacket! :thumb_yello:

Yes, good point... that's why I would like to ask again why we are actually not giving the flag to him so that he can keep it as a memory of his most prescious tour?

I know I may not be too popular with this suggestion in the eye of some, but I really believe the flag should be given to him...perhaps at the Latitude festival...

?

...at the same time, I know I did not contribute to expenses of buying the raw materials for it...etc. but I am sure MFCers signing it would put together the money so that we can give it to him as a present...

I'm with you! :wub2:

?

because it's OUR memory of that precious tour!:naughty:

i mean

it's our flag with mika's signatures on it....we are proud of it and of him signing it.

not sure he's that interested in our signatures!:naughty:

and it would be just another gift in the warehouse....maybe:wink2:

anyway, this is my pov, i know Rose would like to answer about this.

I'm with you! :wub2:

yes, I knew it would not be an easy one:naughty:

...so my point is, how can we all share that memory if the flag is somewhere else... I personally don't think I will see it again, and even if I do, I don't get excited by fellow MFCers autographs, but for Mika it might mean something.... it is not a silly bracelet, after all.

It is a flag with his fans' autogaphs from each date of the tour...

It most definitely would mean more to him than to anyone else.

i mean

it's our flag with mika's signatures on it....we are proud of it and of him signing it.

Yes, I was going to say that it is Rose's flag so the decision should be hers. We have merely helped move the flag around, but bottom line it's her thing, so she should make that call.

My point of view of course :naughty:.

i mean

Yes, I'm sure it's Rose's call. :thumb_yello:

FWIW, Suzie, I had big posters with the MFC logo made for two

different gigs: a gig in DC in 2007

and last year's gig in NYC. At both gigs, we had all the MFC members

in attendance that we could find

sign the poster and then gave the poster to Mika.

Neither poster has ever been seen again. :naughty:

Much thanks to Standard Toaster who worked tirelessly with the security to get them to assist and for Holly and Lucy who laid the groundwork the night before by developing a rapport with the staff at the venue.

Thank you:teehee: We told them on Monday; You better get ready for us. :naughty:

And Holly,

about you crying........I am gald you stop. But now is me. Everytime I remember hugging him....I burst into tears:emot-sad: (I know h ow silly)

Not silly at all:huglove: I get you!

I was cried my way trough the day after the gig... On the tube, on the plane, on the car... Because it was something that flied by so fast, and I couldn't remember things from the gig, didn't want to get back to real life.. Ididn't want to tell anyone what happened either because they wouldn't understand how much that evening touched me and how important it was.

And on the flag... I don't know much about it, but I think it'd be more worth it to keep it between MFCers.. As robertina, Christine and other people said, I don't think it'd mean as much to him as it does to us. It's something he appreciates but it'd just be another thing that he'd hideaway and wouldn't mean much to him in the future.

Not silly at all:huglove: I get you!

I was cried my way trough the day after the gig... On the tube, on the plane, on the car... Because it was something that flied by so fast, and I couldn't remember things from the gig, didn't want to get back to real life.. Ididn't want to tell anyone what happened either because they wouldn't understand how much that evening touched me and how important it was.

And on the flag... I don't know much about it, but I think it'd be more worth it to keep it between MFCers.. As robertina, Christine and other people said, I don't think it'd mean as much to him as it does to us. It's something he appreciates but it'd just be another thing that he'd hideaway and wouldn't mean much to him in the future.

That's exactly it, what happens at these gigs, and why us hardcores understand eachother in a way that other people in our "regular" life can't ever "get".

Goingback to reality after these intense experiences is really hard, and you expressed it just exactly how it is.

Goingback to reality after these intense experiences is really hard, and you expressed it just exactly how it is.

OMG I know the exact feeling. It was really hard coming back home. I wanted to stay in London, because even though the experience was over, at least I was close to the place where it happened...

I remember getting emotional on my way to work, looking up at the big cinema building, me ready in my uniform. Travelling, seeing things, meeting people...that's my life. Not serving popcorn. I even think I nearly cried.

And that doesn't just happen at a Mika gig, it happens when I come back from holiday and stuff...I cried for two nights when I came back from the cruise last year LOL!!! :roftl: Once I'm back in the routine I'm okay, but going to a Mika gig or experiencing something just as extraordinary is like having an outer body experience or something. I'm not sure if people will get what I'm saying...:naughty:

Edited by CazGirl

Looking for me?:naughty:

Well when I first made the flag 2 years ago this week in Glastonbury, it became pretty special to me as my sister helped me with it, and we had a great bonding session over it (she's not a big fan of Mikas), so it meant a lot to me that she helped me get it done in time for the first show he did there.

Originally, my plan was to get it signed for all the gigs that year, and give it to him, but because as time went on it felt like our flag, I decided what I'd do was change the backing each year, and start fresh for the new shows each year.

Now that we are possibly changing the colour scheme, I will be making a new one. But I see what other people have written, and I'm kind of torn. On one hand it would but great to give this one to Mika, as he has clearly got into the whole spirit of what it's about, on the other, I'm still in that field in Glastonbury, bonding with my sister.

I'm kind of stuck for an answer right now, what I will do though is when I'm at the iTunes gig, have a little chat with Mika and see if he would like the flag. If so, I'll give it to him at Bestival, after the show there. If he's happy for me to keep it, I'll do that and still bring it to MFC events (along with the new one) for those who haven't seen it.

Looking for me?:naughty:

Well when I first made the flag 2 years ago this week in Glastonbury, it became pretty special to me as my sister helped me with it, and we had a great bonding session over it (she's not a big fan of Mikas), so it meant a lot to me that she helped me get it done in time for the first show he did there.

Originally, my plan was to get it signed for all the gigs that year, and give it to him, but because as time went on it felt like our flag, I decided what I'd do was change the backing each year, and start fresh for the new shows each year.

Now that we are possibly changing the colour scheme, I will be making a new one. But I see what other people have written, and I'm kind of torn. On one hand it would but great to give this one to Mika, as he has clearly got into the whole spirit of what it's about, on the other, I'm still in that field in Glastonbury, bonding with my sister.

I'm kind of stuck for an answer right now, what I will do though is when I'm at the iTunes gig, have a little chat with Mika and see if he would like the flag. If so, I'll give it to him at Bestival, after the show there. If he's happy for me to keep it, I'll do that and still bring it to MFC events (along with the new one) for those who haven't seen it.

I have an idea. Why not take a picture of it, blow it up to a big size and frame it? DECORATE THE FRAME!! :hypo:

That's exactly it, what happens at these gigs, and why us hardcores understand eachother in a way that other people in our "regular" life can't ever "get".

Yep:wub2: And those people don't even try to get it...Because they don't really know how it feels, and aren't involved in something like this as much as we are. Or just don't have the same point of view...

It is, I remember after my first gig I couldn't even decide what to wear, I wanted to stay in bed all day and just go back to the gig day...

I'm glad I did and that I'm not alone in this! Sometimes it feels like I am.

I have an idea. Why not take a picture of it, blow it up to a big size and frame it? DECORATE THE FRAME!! :hypo:

quoted myself as it landed as the last post on a page and didn't want it to be missed lol

OMG I know the exact feeling. It was really hard coming back home. I wanted to stay in London, because even though the experience was over, at least I was close to the place where it happened...

I remember getting emotional on my way to work, looking up at the big cinema buildeing, me ready in my uniform. Travelling, seeing things, meeting people...that's my life. Not serving popcorn. I even think I nearly cried.

And that doesn't just happen at a Mika, it happens when I come back from holiday and stuff...I cried for two nights when I came back from the cruise last year LOL!!! :roftl:Once I'm back in the routine I'm okay, but going to a Mika gig or experiencing something just as extraordinary is like having an outer body experience or something. I'm not sure if people will get what I'm saying...:naughty:

No no, I get you... And I feel that way too! Also felt like I wasn't in myself when it all happened and when I was watching it all go on...

quoted myself as it landed as the last post on a page and didn't want it to be missed lol

I saw it:naughty::wink2:

That's a darn good idea.

So would we give this to Mika, or the flag?

No no, I get you... And I feel that way too! Also felt like I wasn't in myself when it all happened and when I was watching it all go on...

Although I was amazed when I saw/met Mika (because let's face it I had been waiting for 2 years lol) I wasn't exactly starstruck...I was amazed by the CHANCE I finally got, not by seeing him in the flesh if you get me. I don't know why, but seeing Mika in an interview and seeing him in real life...for some reason it feels like two different people. Not saying he acts differently, because I don't think he does, but you look at him on screen and know he's famous, but when he's there right in front of you....he's an ordinary person like you or me. And he's achieved so much but it's kinda mind boggling because he lives such a different life to us all, sometimes seeing him for real is like living in a surreal blur because you kinda can't grasp what's happening, yet you want to savour every moment and hope it lasts till the end of time.

Anyway, I've noticed I've made some spelling mistakes in my previous post, so I'm going to correct them lol :naughty: