Queuing for GA gigs - thoughts, feedback, suggestions?

lollipop_monkey

yes, bigger venues will be crazy, let's say we can manage the first 100 numbers, then 'que sera sera'.

i think we can manage 100 numbers with the support of the tour manager, security, venue etc.

if they don't support, we fail.

and if ppl get to know this is the way things are managed (as in milan) we can be quite safe. but of course, running to the first rows when the doors open for a GA standing gig may be an issue..i mean, we may have some benefits, but not all the success we had with the small venues and seats!

we can try to do things properly, then....the future lies in the stars!:wink2:

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you do know for sure a stage invasion is not going to happen 15 minutes into the show. Just leave your front row spot before the encore and move back.

Well, that sounds like a plan. *imagines everybody does it . :lmfao:*

yes, bigger venues will be crazy, let's say we can manage the first 100 numbers, then 'que sera sera'.

i think we can manage 100 numbers with the support of the tour manager, security, venue etc.

...or we can have our own security team :bonk:

we can try to do things properly, then....the future lies in the stars!:wink2:

...that was so poetic:biggrin2:

Why do the first 100? ... I would feel mega left out of I was out of this loop , surely it needs to be applied to everyone? :blink:

No that can't be done, IMO. Plus, I think there's different segments of gig goers with different expectations and preferences. The die hard Mika fans are just one of them. For most of those it is not a question of ending up in the front vs the back. It's either front row or nothing.

I reckon that the majority of gig attendants are quite happy arriving at five at the earliest, be there and see a good show. They'd probably be quite bewildered about the numbers on hands. :teehee:

No that can't be done, IMO. Plus, I think there's different segments of gig goers with different expectations and preferences. The die hard Mika fans are just one of them. For most of those it is not a question of ending up in the front vs the back. It's either front row or nothing.

I reckon that the majority of gig attendants are quite happy arriving at five at the earliest, be there and see a good show. They'd probably be quite bewildered about the numbers on hands. :teehee:

Yes ... thats true also ....

If he ever went to stadium levels this would be a mute point , but for now I doubt hes there.

It does seem to have worked I must say , just makes me feel iffy and unsure

Yes ... thats true also ....

If he ever went to stadium levels this would be a mute point , but for now I doubt hes there.

It does seem to have worked I must say , just makes me feel iffy and unsure

What are your reservations about this? Tbh, I think that what Violet said hit the nail on the head, and so far this has been the only system that worked. So, if we have to walk around with a number on our hand like a prisoner, I'll gladly do that "for the cause" :lmao:

I think it really depends on the venue.

In Sadlers Wells I was perfectly happy with my 4th row seat as I would have had to twist my neck to be able to see him perfectly from the front row.

But in a smaller venue, like Berlin, for example, it was absolutely worth queueing for half a day to get front/second row seats as it really felt like we were part of the whole performance, really close to and singing together with him without having had to invade his private space.

I have no black or white opinion on this :dunno:

It was perfect; we were so close and were lucky enough to have a good view all the time, even in spite of the people standing in the aisles!

And I could see his hands while he was playing the piano!:wub2:

Couldn’t be better!:blush-anim-cl:

I think it's hard to have a black or white opinion on this too; the times I've been queuing from early I have had really good views, except in my own country where I was pushed back from front row to the middle of the crowd and the pushing was really bad.:sneaky2:

Some other times I have chosen to stand either far to the side of the stage or a bit back from the stage when I was fearing stage invasion and was afraid the get squashed!:roftl:

Violet said it very well :thumb_yello: I mean, if I want to see some other artist than Mika, I will arrive an hour/a couple of hours before the gig, enjoy the music and the atmosphere and be happy. But if I go to see Mika, I'm ready to queue the whole day and have a number on my hand so I can be in the front (maybe not in the first row but in the second or third at least) :naughty: I know people who like his music, but they are not ready to queue, they just want to see a good show like Violet said.

i just noticed there's still something else at bigger gigs: different barriers inside the venue. it was like that in munich 2007 and in amsterdam last year, they had a space at the front and then the rest of the crowd behind another barrier so the pushing wouldn't get too bad. these barriers can be a good thing too, cause if they don't let in too many ppl, you can still have a good spot within that front barrier if you're not front row. one big reason i wanna be front row (compared to 2nd/3rd row) at standing gigs is cause it's easier to stay in your place, you can lean on the barrier, have room to breathe and take pix, no tall ppl in front of you and don't have to fight to keep your place all the time. at standing gigs without a front barrier, you can choose either that or the back behind everyone else, if you don't wanna get pushed around during the whole gig. if there's a front barrier, you can still be quite much at the front without being front row.

i'd still prefer front row, but it's an alternative if i didn't want or didn't have time to queue all day. i'd certainly prefer a spot in the back of the front barrier to a spot in 5th row in the midst of a huge crowd.

about the discussion "forums in other countries/advantages for the mfc" - of course i wouldn't mind if each country forum got some advantages for concerts in their own country. the german forum also exists since 2007 and though it doesn't have that many members, there are also some who have been fans for a long time but are not active members of the mfc. we had that discussion on the german forum after the ticket link was posted on the mfc a few hours before it was posted on mikasounds. it was stated on the mfc that the link shouldn't be given to anyone outside the mfc - now, are you a bad MFCer if you give the link to your friends so you can all buy tickets for a show in your own country? actually it didn't matter in this case, there were enough tickets for everyone and berlin wasn't numbered seats, so no one had a disadvantage by getting the link later. but the question came up afterwards.

maybe the forums of the different countries should work more closely together, maybe the other country forums should also get advantages - but then, what about the uk and us fans, as they only have the mfc and not their "own" country forum? difficult question, i don't have a solution for it. i'm happy with the mfc being the official forum where you get the goodies, but i understand as well if others aren't because some things are "members only" and not supposed to be told to anyone else.

Edited by mellody

maybe the forums of the different countries should work more closely together, maybe the other country forums should also get advantages - but then, what about the uk and us fans, as they only have the mfc and not their "own" country forum? difficult question, i don't have a solution for it. i'm happy with the mfc being the official forum where you get the goodies, but i understand as well if others aren't because some things are "members only" and not supposed to be told to anyone else.

There is no Swedish fan club either!

MFC has always been my place to get information about Mika!:wink2:

Perks are not given to fans because they post on forums. They are distributed via official fan clubs or websites (i.e. Mikasounds). Mika has a vested interest in MFC and Mikasounds and if fans in other countries want special consideration then they will have to forge their own relationship with his organization in the same way that MFC has.

This is not a matter for debate within MFC. You're asking the wrong people.

For the presale system. Of course I think it's great to have a presale for fans but what bothers me is that all the fans aren't in the MFc. Of course, you're official now, but it wasn't like that at the very beginning, the MFC was a fan site like others, excpet it was the biggest because it was international...

So many forums, like ours in France, were built at the same time, and the communauty of fans is very important. What I want to say is that I joined the french forum in 2007, quite early. But I joined the MFC only in 2008 when I understood it was "official". So I won't have perks because I didn't join MFC early enough... and on this point I think it's not very fair.

Because presale with join date is quite akward for me. SOmeone who joined early in 2007 but who doesn't take part to the life of the MFC could have a better spot that someone who joined later but very active ?

it's not easy... Of course I recognize old fans, but there souldn't have a notion of "good" or "better" fans because someone joined earlier.

:bow::bow::bow:

All I know is that I would like to attend some gigs in the next tour and want to have a great time without annoying others.

:kachinga:

:thumb_yello:

Forgot to quote this before.

Perks are not given to fans because they post on forums. They are distributed via official fan clubs or websites (i.e. Mikasounds). Mika has a vested interest in MFC and Mikasounds and if fans in other countries want special consideration then they will have to forge their own relationship with his organization in the same way that MFC has.

i didn't ask for anything, just added my opinion to what was stated about forums in other countries. :wink2: as i said, i'm happy with the mfc. :bleh:

and sienna, sorry, of course you're right, there are several more countries that don't have their own forums.

Ive thought for a long time about other forums and how they interact with the MFC (we dont have a UK one which has been in my mind for a while).

I dont have a comment either way , of course MFC is official but for sure more and more Ive noticed a lot more interaction with these various country official forums.

Ive thought for a long time about other forums and how they interact with the MFC (we dont have a UK one which has been in my mind for a while).

I dont have a comment either way , of course MFC is official but for sure more and more Ive noticed a lot more interaction with these various country official forums.

I hope you don't have any plans to start a UK forum and run away with the MFC UK people??????:wink2:

It's exhausting enough to go and search for them on twitter!:naughty:

RECAP.

MFC does not = better fans.

There was no way of knowing being a registered member here at MFC, in 2007, was going to lead to any perks.

MIKA or Team MIKA chose to associate with MFC for their reasons. We did get lucky.

But at the same time, many people did work hard to promote MIKA in their own ways. Despite inevitable grumblings that occur from time to time, the international community that we've established into many friendships is quite remarkable in it's own right.

That's it really, plain and simple.

EDIT: Sorry Mana, again off topic as we know this thread was opened to discuss opinions about QUEUEING. :naughty:

Edited by Suzy

I hope you don't have any plans to start a UK forum and run away with the MFC UK people??????:wink2:

It's exhausting enough to go and search for them on twitter!:naughty:

:naughty:

You know it did cross my mind , but what would be the point? , we've all worked hard enough to build this .. no it would have no meaning :thumb_yello:

Edited by FREDDIESDOUBLE

You know it did cross my mind , but what would be the point? , we've all worked hard enough to build this .. no it would have no meaning :thumb_yello:

No point at all, absolutely no point!:roftl::flowers2::flowers2::flowers2:

No seriously, it would be very quiet in here without the UK people!:wink2:

I dislike the whole putting numbers on hand thing , it really freaks me out ...

Ok for the last gigs with a large say 30% of people there MFCers and small venues then fine :thumb_yello: .. but ...

Bigger venues .. we have 13,000 members what will he do next ? ... venues of say 10,000 people? how many people will know of this system ? what if someone walks by (non MFCer) and doesnt get a number , who will actually manage it gig by gig and make sure it happens ...

You're right on this point, with big venues, it's very difficult. :blink:

It's exactly what we did for the PDP and the Francofolies, we managed the first 100 numbers...

I think it's hard to have a black or white opinion on this too

I think too...:wink2:

i just noticed there's still something else at bigger gigs: different barriers inside the venue. it was like that in munich 2007 and in amsterdam last year, they had a space at the front and then the rest of the crowd behind another barrier so the pushing wouldn't get too bad. these barriers can be a good thing too, cause if they don't let in too many ppl, you can still have a good spot within that front barrier if you're not front row. one big reason i wanna be front row (compared to 2nd/3rd row) at standing gigs is cause it's easier to stay in your place, you can lean on the barrier, have room to breathe and take pix, no tall ppl in front of you and don't have to fight to keep your place all the time. at standing gigs without a front barrier, you can choose either that or the back behind everyone else, if you don't wanna get pushed around during the whole gig. if there's a front barrier, you can still be quite much at the front without being front row.

i'd still prefer front row, but it's an alternative if i didn't want or didn't have time to queue all day. i'd certainly prefer a spot in the back of the front barrier to a spot in 5th row in the midst of a huge crowd.

Totally agree !!

We had barriers too for the PDP, and honestly, I was first row but the first rows were very nice, without pushing, you had some space to move and dance... it was so unexpected in such a big venue

I know it's not the debate ! I just wanted to express my opinion because this thread wasn't only about the GA queue but someone talk about an hypothetical presale system so I wanted to react about that, I don't want to lanch a debate, just wanted to express my opinion, what I rarely do there !! :wink2:

glad to know ! :thumb_yello::wink2:

RECAP.

MFC does not = better fans.

There was no way of knowing being a registered member here at MFC, in 2007, was going to lead to any perks.

MIKA or Team MIKA chose to associate with MFC for their reasons. We did get lucky.

But at the same time, many people did work hard to promote MIKA in their own ways. Despite inevitable grumblings that occur from time to time, the international community that we've established into many friendships is quite remarkable in it's own right.

That's it really, plain and simple.

EDIT: Sorry Mana, again off topic as we know this thread was opened to discuss opinions about QUEUEING. :naughty:

I know that ! that's why many of us register in a forum belonging to our country, which was easier ! We established a real community too, and friendships, even with MFCers because some of us also belong to the MFC since the beginning.

And for the second part, I know that too, but as I said I wanted to react and I didn't started to speak about other questions that queueing ! But off topic is quite typical of MFC ! :teehee:

Ok, so end of the off topic, of course, if someone wants to interact with me about this question, don't esitate to PM me :wink2:

But for the queueing, I think it'll be hard to find a real solution that'll be efficient and infallible.

I don't know how it works for other artists ? because Mika is the only one I queue for hours for his gigs !! Do the fan clubs make systems too ??

:yikes:

:shocked:

:sweatdrop:

No point at all, absolutely no point!:roftl::flowers2::flowers2::flowers2:

No seriously, it would be very quiet in here without the UK people!:wink2:

... not to mention that Freddie would not be too pleased with my welcome at the next meet and greet (:bonk: )

But for the queueing, I think it'll be hard to find a real solution that'll be efficient and infallible.

I don't know how it works for other artists ? because Mika is the only one I queue for hours for his gigs !! Do the fan clubs make systems too ??

don't know much bout concerts nowadays, but in the 90s there weren't any systems like that. those who pushed the hardest got to the front. :sneaky2: still no systems for take that concerts (on the last germany tour), though there isn't as much pushing anymore as there used to be. :bleh: apart from mika and TT, i haven't been queuing so long for any shows in the last few years.

You're right on this point, with big venues, it's very difficult. :blink:

It's exactly what we did for the PDP and the Francofolies, we managed the first 100 numbers...

Totally agree !!

We had barriers too for the PDP, and honestly, I was first row but the first rows were very nice, without pushing, you had some space to move and dance... it was so unexpected in such a big venue

Yep, that's very true, I was also very surprised to see that PDP worked so well, with the amount of people that we had there. I also think that managing the first 100 (or so) people is more than enough, and more than that becomes really difficult...Maybe 150 max...I guess that it depends on venue, how many are there already ,etc,etc...

In any case these large venues with the first set of barriers as Mellody explained are always good because it minimizes the pushing once inside. I was really shocked at how "unpushy" PDP was :naughty: as I was expecting a nightmare, lol

... not to mention that Freddie would not be too pleased with my welcome at the next meet and greet (:bonk: )

:roftl:

Yeah, I think that we're ok where we are now :biggrin2:

I’ll be right there by your side!:starwars:

ooooh Sienna the soldier :lmao:

don't know much bout concerts nowadays, but in the 90s there weren't any systems like that. those who pushed the hardest got to the front. :sneaky2: still no systems for take that concerts (on the last germany tour), though there isn't as much pushing anymore as there used to be. :bleh: apart from mika and TT, i haven't been queuing so long for any shows in the last few years.

I'm on the same boat. I never really queue for any other artist with this interest, so I can't really say....Though in my experience, Mika fans queue earlier than other fans :naughty: