First single -We Are Golden!!

Mary

:naughty:

you'd think by now that people would know that his father is NOT libanese

and his mother is NOT american.

In fact, his mother is American. Lebanese American.

This song is just ammmmmaaaaaazing. :fangurl:

I can't go to bed now I am so excited.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if anyone said it before me, but it reminds me of the chorus from "Heaven is a place on earth" xD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zvDmLnBgTs

Anyway, it's a bit too Bon Jovi for me, I don't really like it. But if I hear the whole song on monday my opinion might be completely different of course :naughty:

someone else said heaven is a place on earth :naughty:

OOOOH BON JOVI!! :wub2: Like "livin on a prayer", right? That's a CLASSIC SONG and if I were Mika I'd be pretty darn happy with that :naughty:

OOOOH BON JOVI!! :wub2: Like "livin on a prayer", right? That's a CLASSIC SONG and if I were Mika I'd be pretty darn happy with that :naughty:

Yeah, that's the song. Thanks, I couldn't remember the name of it.

I get what you mean lol :naughty:

I personally love the bit "who gives a damn about the family ou come from?"....

It IS very teenagey, I can understand the HSM comparison..."teenage dreams in a teenage circus, running around like a cloud on purpose..." but it just sounds so happy it just fills me with pure happiness :blush-anim-cl:

Can't wait to hear the entire song...!!

I hear clown not cloud, that would make more sense with him saying circus.

It's officially grown on me!! :naughty::blush-anim-cl:

We are not what you think we are

we are golden, we are golden

teenaage dreams in a teenage circus

running around like a clown on purpose ???

who gives a damn about the family you come from

No giving up when you're young and we want some

not sure tho:teehee:

Yeah! It reminds me of february 07 when I first heard grace kelly. and the feeling that came with that song. I'm so excited about the whole song:wub2:

Thank you for the lyrics!:wub2:

And yes I definitely got that GK feeling!

Belinda Carlisle???

Heaven is a place on Earth???????????????????

OMFG!!!

Yes, actually!:blush-anim-cl:

Aaaaaggghhhh!! A Teaser!! :boxed: I don't know if I should succumb to this teaser or not... contemplating.... it's nothing like the first time hearing a song... and I really don't want to spoil it.. but i so can't wait for monday!!!! :aah: I hate this dilemma :aah:

So how did you do in the end????:wink2:

Just listened to that clip and I love it.

Excited or what :boing::boing::boing:

Agree!

No doubt for me either, instant love!:wub2:

Am I the only one who thought of a coca cola ad when hearing it?

I don't know what to say :boxed:

I'd wish a Mika song could be in a Coca Cola ad! It would be amazing

Anyway, it's a bit too Bon Jovi for me, I don't really like it. But if I hear the whole song on monday my opinion might be completely different of course :naughty:

My brother was standing right behind me, and he started to sing:

"Ohhh we're half way there / Ooh OOH Livin on a prayer ♪"

I thought we were the only ones who thought that! :teehee:

And yes, Belinda Carslile's song is almost identical in some parts :boxed:

Yes!! The clip is something I didn't expect. And now it all makes sense, I mean the whole idea about album being about his teenage years. Everything seems so clear now :shocked: It's going to be a masterpiece :fangurl:

How can this little clip of music have an effect like this? I feel I can't take this anymore, I can't wait anymore!! :roftl: I wish I could listen to it over and over again, but I need to travel, because I changed my holiday plans so I could be on-line on Monday. Monday... :wub2:

Thanks for posting this!!

Because you're a Mika fan!:roftl:

As simple as that!:wub2:

Agree!

No doubt for me either, instant love!:wub2:

That's what I thought too. I love it already! And we haven't even heard it yet...

They used to make music like this ( now I sound SO old :roftl::roftl::roftl:).

Only four letters will suffice here....OMFG!!!!!!

:naughty:

First listen I was literally like this :shocked:, in fact I thought it was a joke, it sounds nothing like Mika and who is the kid with the Cockney accent?? And I thought, Mika has regressed to chewing gum jingles. :naughty: I was shocked. I had a cheesy image of Zac Effron dancing in front of my eyes...........

After a few listens I have focussed in more on the beat, the piano backing and the rock overtones..all positive things. I think it will grow on me, a bit like fungus :naughty:

Not sure about those lyrics either :teehee:.

I reserve the right to completely change my opinion of it after hearing the whole thing on Monday!

French Deb..thank you for posting.

Yes, me, everything exactly...well except the 80s pseudo-rock thing is all a bit too cheesy for me. I didn't like it in the 80s and I like it even less now.

But...

Confusion (joke) > Cockney accent > Jingles > Zac Efron > :shocked:

Anyway I already love the intro. I find it very amusing and it's no more bizarre than "I wanna talk to you", etc.

If people start banging on that this is genius I think I will probably end up getting viciously critical at some point but otherwise I'm just going to enjoy it in all of its teenage summer musical silliness. :teehee:

Yes, me, everything exactly...well except the 80s pseudo-rock thing is all a bit too cheesy for me. I didn't like it in the 80s and I like it even less now.

But...

Confusion (joke) > Cockney accent > Jingles > Zac Efron > :shocked:

Anyway I already love the intro. I find it very amusing and it's no more bizarre than "I wanna talk to you", etc.

If people start banging on that this is genius I think I will probably end up getting viciously critical at some point but otherwise I'm just going to enjoy it in all of its teenage summer musical silliness. :teehee:

It's only genius 'cause it fills me up with happiness, not many songs can make me feel so happy :blush-anim-cl:

Wow, I'm never sleeping in again! I had to catch up on quite a few pages!

First of all, T4P!!!

When I heard the beginning I was really weirded out, but then I remembered that I had the same feeling when listening to Lollipop for the first time and Love Today. :teehee: It's sort of like "I can't believe I'm listening to this..." but in a good way...if that makes sense. When I listened the 2nd time, I was jumping up and down and yelling the lyrics. It made me feel happy, carefree, and even empowered. :wub2:

I can't wait to hear the whole thing! :thumb_yello:

Wow, I'm never sleeping in again! I had to catch up on quite a few pages!

First of all, T4P!!!

When I heard the beginning I was really weirded out, but then I remembered that I had the same feeling when listening to Lollipop for the first time and Love Today. :teehee: It's sort of like "I can't believe I'm listening to this..." but in a good way...if that makes sense. When I listened the 2nd time, I was jumping up and down and yelling the lyrics. It made me feel happy, carefree, and even empowered. :wub2:

I can't wait to hear the whole thing! :thumb_yello:

They're the EXACT feeling I get :wub2: