First single -We Are Golden!!

Mary

Wow! Some of you actually think Mika Sold out with this - according to you - "audience friendly/ radio friendly," Mika has compromised, feel cheated about Mika abandoning us, - WTF??

Are you Nuts?????

I wouldn't expect everyone to like/love We Are Golden - But - Listen to yourselves - You are Not talking about the Mika that I & Millions of fans have come to like!

Did you listen to the lyrics??

I happen to Love "We Are Golden" - I actually usually respect others for their variable viewpoints - but - that isn't what irks me about your critique.

Listen to We Are Golden a few more times.

Listen to the lyrics.

Then return & get your heads out of your arses & actually critique it with some intelligence & Knowledge remembering who the Artist is!!

I am sure I will get my Butt Kicked here for my view on the few of you who think Mika sold out - But - You Pi--ed me off!!

I Love We Are Golden & my Congrats to Mika!!

I can't wait for the Whole Album in September!!

First of all,mind your language,you truly hurt my feelings.

Second I sad it sounds too commercial to me, that's just an opinion and has noting to do with not being intelligent, I'm intelligent enough to give my opinion.

than,I said it would be a good song to get his feet into America (what's wrong with that!)

So you just think people are stupid and have their heads in...(no I'm not gonna quote that) because they are not excited about this song and because they have an opinion about it.

With this post you, yourself don't sound that smart to me.

And it's like someone else said here, just like her I'm over 30 and it doesn't do it for me.

But, I have to say it's growing on me.

BTW; I never said it's a bad song,I just said it was not what I expected it would be and I still think it's not his best

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything that has been stated on this thread are people's feelings and opinions about a song. Nothing else. Music is something that you feel, you like or dislike, but this is not something that can be rationalised or logically explained.

When you say that people should critique the song using "some intelligence and Knowledge" (why you capitalise random words including this one, I won't ever understand, but hey, each to their own) you are actually insulting a number of people, and that is not very nice to be honest.

Incidentally, a sign of intelligence would also be to know what you can or cannot say to people, and in this case I believe that you've overstepped the mark. This was quite unnecessary, don't you think?

We're just a bunch of fans giving our (subjective, as they would all be, this is not molecular biology after all) opinions, and everyone is bound to have different ones. As long as nobody is actually being offensive to anyone else, or to Mika, and stating these opinions respectfully, we should be fine. It's posts like these that threaten to throw the balance.

agree:thumb_yello:

I can't stop listening to the Myspace version...

I'm sure we will have to fight to get into the venue at the next tour. :teehee:

I wish I could -sulking again...

Sleepless for some reason, I've seen the light :pbjt: at 5 in the morning -all great men, Napoleon, a Leo too, and Sire included have been insomniacs- and now I know why I don't much enjoy WAG : no melody to speak of :thumbdown: .

Cheers,

Id3

i know it's kindda late to write a "review" or sth for this song

but i heard it for the first time this morning and didn't like it as much but i decided not to post anything till i make up my mind...by now which is 11:20 PM i absolutely love it! :teehee:

daymn it grew on me...:mf_rosetinted:

+ can't wait for the vid! :naughty:

Edited by OhMyMika!!

I know what you mean!:wub2:

Maybe this not the place to talk about it but I think that so far, on my own top list of Mika’s songs, SITM is a clear and outstanding favourite.

I have been collecting many different versions of that song from different gigs and I never get tired to hear them. That song has, apart from the lyrics, which is a masterpiece in itself, so much variation in it, with his voice, the humming part and the endless ways he treats it on the piano! Just love it!

Don't worry, love : f we didn't post off topic this wouldn't be the MFC :naughty: .

SITM lyrics are poignant, at the same time so loving, so bitter and so wistful... I bet there is one guy whose eyes are brimming :tears: whenever he listens to it.

It's a beautiful love song, as touching as HMDYLM, in a different way of course :wink2: .

I myself am not partial to the jazzy piano part of it. It kind of ruins the magic :sneaky2: .

If you have got many versions of it -so have I- can you VM me which is/are your fave(s) :biggrin2: ?

Cheers,

Id3

Wha, I still didn't post my opinion. :aah: Maybe I shouldn't do it now, after the loads of coffee I had and after I got up at 5:42 am. :naughty:

We Are Golden, eh? It sounds happy. But, it's a happy-sounding-sad-song-with-a-meaning. I hope he didn't hurt himself. I mean, he sings "I hurt myself" but I hope that's just saying, not doing. Because it hurts to hurt yourself. I don't want him to be hurt. Okay, it probs just fit in with the rest of the lyrics, but I am worried.

Okay, that didn't make sense. :aah:

So, I kinda like the song but I think it's weird. It sounds so typical pop-ish but also typical weird Mika-ish. :aah:

Okay, forget it, I think I'm just being weird. :teehee:

Edited by Shikutukumimika

Gawlden. :mf_rosetinted: It still sounds like GAAAAAAAWWWLDEEEN, even after I've heard it a million times. :roftl:

That bit of the song .... it's the bit I really didn't like on the snippet .... now it's the bit I like the most .... I'm so fickle :lmfao:

Gawwwwwwwwwlden ... we are Gawwwwwwwlden :naughty:

That bit of the song .... it's the bit I really didn't like on the snippet .... now it's the bit I like the most .... I'm so fickle :lmfao:

Gawwwwwwwwwlden ... we are Gawwwwwwwlden :naughty:

I still don't like that bit. It's just too gaaaaaawwwldeeen for me. :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

But it makes me giggle. :teehee:

It wants me to install Flash and to do that it wants me to turn off Firefox!

I don’t dare to do that!:shocked:

Just do it :naughty:. it's totally safe (and quite necessary).

Just say yes to everything, accept, it will take you to the adobe website (the makers of flash), install it, and then restart Firefox or explorer or whatever.

:dunno: I still seem to be immune to its charms

You cold hearted biatch, you :aah::biggrin2:

I think it's my fave Mika song right now :naughty:

It makes me so happy I could cry.

:dunno: it made me cry. that combined with hearing mika's voice 'live' (want for a better word) for the first time and the mentioning of New Zealand 4 (YES!! FOUR!) times :teehee:

i'm still the same of yesterday, no improvement :mf_rosetinted:

i'll stay the only lonely one? :naughty:

Honestly, I don't give a damn if you don't like it. :roftl:

But I'm really sorry for you, because it makes me feel so good! :groovy:

Just turn up the volume, set on repeat and jump around!!!! :boing: :boing:

Just turn up the volume, set on repeat and jump around!!!! :boing: :boing:

We are all different... some like jumping around in their underpants, some are catchy tune resistent.:mf_rosetinted:

Don't worry, love : f we didn't post off topic this wouldn't be the MFC

SITM lyrics are poignant, at the same time so loving, so bitter and so wistful... I bet there is one guy whose eyes are brimming :tears: whenever he listens to it.

It's a beautiful love song, as touching as HMDYLM, in a different way of course

I myself am not partial to the jazzy piano part of it. It kind of ruins the magic .

If you have got many versions of it -so have I- can you VM me which is/are your fave(s) :biggrin2: ?

Cheers,

Id3

Sure, I’ll have a serious listen and try to remember where each and everyone came from; I’ll be back to you!:wink2:

Don't tell me... I basically woke up to it being played in my head and I only listened to it 3 times yesterday...:blink:

I am seriously scared....

You should be!:roftl:

Whatever it is, it’s catchy!:biggrin2:

i'll stay the only lonely one? :naughty:

Wait to the live performance I’ll tell you!:wub2:

That bit of the song .... it's the bit I really didn't like on the snippet .... now it's the bit I like the most .... I'm so fickle

Gawwwwwwwwwlden ... we are Gawwwwwwwlden

Congrats to the ticket, have tons of fun, I’ll be with you in my thoughts and please don’t forget to report back!:thumb_yello:

We are all different... some like jumping around in their underpants, some are catchy tune resistent.:mf_rosetinted:

Ahum, can we really know abou that yet? I mean really?!:naughty:

Just do it :naughty:. it's totally safe (and quite necessary).

Just say yes to everything, accept, it will take you to the adobe website (the makers of flash), install it, and then restart Firefox or explorer or whatever.

Okay.

I'm still scared but I'll give it a try!:biggrin2:

Gawlden. :mf_rosetinted: It still sounds like GAAAAAAAWWWLDEEEN, even after I've heard it a million times. :roftl:

True :shocked: .

Really, Sire, what happened to you, leaving your American vowels in mid-Atlantic :rolls_eyes: !

Fortunately, there is some 'wader' in Lady Jane to make up for it :thumb_yello: ...

Cheers,

Id3