First single -We Are Golden!!

Mary

Ok... I haven't had time to read this thread at all so I don't know if people like it or not... but here's my take on it :

I abso****inglutly freakin' LOVE IT!!!!!! Listened to it like 100 000 000 times yesterday. Makes me want to jump on the kitchen table and dance and throw glitter around.

And what I notice is the more I listen to it, the more I like it.

LOL Vero...what a great way of stating it. That's how I've felt for the last 24hours too.

Truly this song gives me the same emotions that I felt when I first heard Grace Kelly. Wanting to jump up and down while singing every word and feeling almost empowered by the lyrics because at one time or another I had felt put down by a particular group or person. Mika has such a gift for writing lyrics that you are able to relate to. Not only that, but he does these types of "kiss off" songs in such a classy way, I love it. :)

I've probably listened to this song at least 15-20 times. I simply can't get enough since yesterday.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't stop listening to the Myspace version...

I'm sure we will have to fight to get into the venue at the next tour. :teehee:

pre-gig:

:camping::argue::boxing: :lightsabre: :bash:

gig:

:band:

post-gig:

:woot_jump::omg_fans:

hahahaa (thanks for taking up all the smilies*insert angry smilie here*)

You are forgetting post gig depression smilie

hahaha I love your smilies :thumb_yello:

but why fighting? here, we all seem to truly like each other, as if being a Mika fan would make us forget all the differences and the fact that we barely know the other people :teehee: That's really funny

I was actually thinking about thousands of new fans. :teehee:

hahahaa (thanks for taking up all the smilies*insert angry smilie here*)

You are forgetting post gig depression smilie

:doh:

Unforgivable. :mf_rosetinted:

Post-gig:

:woot_jump::omg_fans::no::sad::tears::crybaby:

I agree with nearly all of this - except it's the verses and unexpected falsetto bits I don't like :naughty: and the chorus bit I do like

Marmite :mf_rosetinted:

Same here.

Yeah, it's a very cute interview :wub2:. I still can't believe that he's gonna be dancing in his underwear in the video ahhahaha. Do you think that he'll get new pants or will he use the good ol' faithful grey Gaps? :naughty:

Well, ofcourse the underwear must be golden.:naughty:

I must say, this video description sounds very gay :lol3:

EDIT: I just picture Bruno dancing :roftl:

Oh Lord no:lmfao:I didn't like that movie that much, though some bits were funny.

It took me a very long time to find the interview and I feel stupid now that there's links everywhere, haha.

Your siggie:lmfao:

I really hope he will sing WAG on his shows, imagine only his voice, not the whole choir!:wub2:

Yeah, it would show his voice much better!

do not feel bad, robertina. its a free world. :wink2:

you may get to like it once you hear it more or love, you may still hate it.

I KNOW how you feel, believe me. I have experienced it lately, but don't feel guilty about it. :wub2:

do not feel bad, robertina. its a free world. :wink2:

you may get to like it once you hear it more or love, you may still hate it.

I KNOW how you feel, believe me. I have experienced it lately, but don't feel guilty about it. :wub2:

thanks.

today i seem to like it a bit more:naughty:

Well, ofcourse the underwear must be golden.:naughty:

Please nooooooooooooooooooo !!! The golden boxers and the golden Loboutins, singing into his hairbrush :lmfao:

but why fighting? here, we all seem to truly like each other, as if being a Mika fan would make us forget all the differences and the fact that we barely know the other people :teehee: That's really funny

I am coming to the Argentinian gigs from now on instead of the home ones then :naughty:.

Believe me, you wouldn't be saying this if you'd witnessed half the asses that I have seen at Mika gigs, trying to f*ck other people over and just generally being assholes towards everyone. It's quite an eye opener, really.

I'm in two minds about whether it'll appeal to teenagers- I think its more one for people looking back on their teens, which is what he's doing, I suppose, even if he's a lot nearer than me. The bit about "running around like a clown on purpose" rings a bell and makes the dreams... circus bit part of the whole. Otherwise I wouldn't be so keen.

I've been singing it all day- hopefully not aloud- loving all the slowing up and shouting! I think the lyrics are interesting, but basically I find it such a rush- so exhilarating. I keep seeing myself headbanging to it, which is a worry (though probably incomprehensible to actual teens)

I had to quote the bolded part because I think that you make a great point there.

And yes, I have also caught myself singing the blooming thing all day dammit :roftl:

yeaaaaaaaah

It's hard to believe It's all hand-painted....It's so beautiful :wub2:

It is, I love it!!! I think that it's one of my favs so far. I love the space/sky theme.

thanks.

today i seem to like it a bit more:naughty:

Oh Robi, you are falling already just like me :naughty:. I think that I'm ahead though, I was falling yesterday so I will wait for you at the bottom.

Oh Robi, you are falling already just like me :naughty:. I think that I'm ahead though, I was falling yesterday so I will wait for you at the bottom.

the sad truth is he got us all in his hands, bless him... :mf_rosetinted:

the sad truth is he got us all in his hands, bless him... :mf_rosetinted:

A long time ago, too...But he got some more than others I must say :naughty:

it will take long sara..very long...he cannot get away with it so soon!:sneaky2:

mika, you are not safe, watch out!:naughty:

but i agree to sing it out of my lungs at a gig, i think i can do it:teehee:

Protest all you like but by the end of the week you'll be going 'WAG WAG WAG!" everywhere :roftl:

A long time ago, too...But he got some more than others I must say :naughty:

Protest all you like but by the end of the week you'll be going 'WAG WAG WAG!" everywhere :roftl:

am i so predictable?? :crybaby: :crybaby:

no, he's the kind and fine wiz! :doh:

it will take long sara..very long...he cannot get away with it so soon!:sneaky2:

mika, you are not safe, watch out!:naughty:

but i agree to sing it out of my lungs at a gig, i think i can do it:teehee:

Listen to the song again and try to focus on the lyrics and imagine him singing without the choir!:wub2:

And if that doesn't do it for you, try to recap your teens!:roftl:

Listen to the song again and try to focus on the lyrics and imagine him singing without the choir!:wub2:

And if that doesn't do it for you, try to recap your teens!:roftl:

eheheheheh

i'm 50 and proud...i guess this simply is not MY song.

nice, but not in my chords.

but mika gave and will give me many more, and i'll love them :wub2:

i'll sing out loud with you all and i'll have fun, this is sure!:thumb_yello:

but wag will never be my favourite

i'm ready to move on!!

next single please?!?

:teehee:

I believe that first when the songs go into production and they have to choose which ones to put on the album, people will start to give opinions what reception each of the new songs will get, and which would be a likely single or even a number one. My guess is that Universal was pretty happy that at least one of the 64 pieces he wrote had the quality of a mainstream radio-friendly song :wink2:

:thumb_yello:

....you know what? If I had been part of the record company team having a say in which song is to be released as the first single, I would have also chosen WAG, despite the fact that it is not in my Top 10 Mika songs ever..:biggrin2:

( I know it might sound like I view it from a business perspecive only, but I do like it, just in a different way: with no emotions attached. :wink2: ...)

eheheheheh

i'm 50 and proud...i guess this simply is not MY song.

nice, but not in my chords.

but mika gave and will give me many more, and i'll love them :wub2:

i'll sing out loud with you all and i'll have fun, this is sure!:thumb_yello:

but wag will never be my favourite

i'm ready to move on!!

next single please?!?

:teehee:

I know what you mean!:wub2:

Maybe this not the place to talk about it :blush-anim-cl: but I think that so far, on my own top list of Mika’s songs, SITM is a clear and outstanding favourite.

I have been collecting many different versions of that song from different gigs and I never get tired to hear them. That song has, apart from the lyrics, which is a masterpiece in itself, so much variation in it, with his voice, the humming part and the endless ways he treats it on the piano! Just love it!:wub2: