We are golden

Blue Sky

Official promo video, here now:

UMRG_MUSIC: MIKA! http://video.umrg.com/mika/sizzlereel/quicktime.asp

about 2 hours ago from web · Reply · View Tweet

EDIT: No snippets of the new song, it is just a US market promo, running through some career highlights. But the last few seconds gives you a little tingle in your spine.

Edited by Blue Sky

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, this time I got sound but the vision was all corrupted. I'm not sure if it's cos my version of quicktime is too old or something:blink: I could still watch it but it was weird. And then, we didn't even actually hear any of the song!!! That's why I was particularly wanting sound, as I thought there might be a snippet or two of the music.

I was searching around twitter and saw people twitting "We are golden promo!"with a link, but couldn't open it... Then I ran here :roftl:

Thanks for posting! This makes me even more anxious... Damn:naughty:

That was all a bit of a con job. :teehee:

1.3 million units of what exactly? :dunno:

When I used to do royalty audits (in the mid 80's) a "unit" was a term which included LP's, CD's, cassette tapes - so if someone sold 10 LP's, 5 cassettes and 20 CD's, they would have sold 35 "units" I think the royalties were paid per unit, irrespective of which type of unit.

I suspect the definition has been updated to include downloads these days, so maybe it's the number of CD's + downloads in the US?

I think the promo is aimed at the US music industry, to remind them of what they missed last time :roftl:

When I used to do royalty audits (in the mid 80's) a "unit" was a term which included LP's, CD's, cassette tapes - so if someone sold 10 LP's, 5 cassettes and 20 CD's, they would have sold 35 "units" I think the royalties were paid per unit, irrespective of which type of unit.

I suspect the definition has been updated to include downloads these days, so maybe it's the number of CD's + downloads in the US?

I think the promo is aimed at the US music industry, to remind them of what they missed last time :roftl:

Yes but in that sense unit is just another term for album. The 10 LPs, 5 cassettes and 20 CDs would equate to 35 albums. Mika did not sell 1.3 million albums in the US so the units must include something else besides Life in Cartoon Motion as a whole.

They must be counting single tracks as well as the album. :dunno:

Where did singles fit into all of that?

Agreed! Thanks for posting, loved it, though the ending was a bit too 'dramatic' for me :teehee:

it's a promo for the american market, come on! old songs to recall the artists and all his and his songs appearances. quite good in fact.

you don't need to listen actually, it's only old songs.

i hope it works for mika in the US.