Mummy always told me to become a music journalist...:teehee:

The King of Psychobabble Pop, maybe!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for posting deb!! :flowers2:

The editor of Q, Paul Rees, tips an even younger star. "The best pop song that I've heard in a long time is Mika's forthcoming single "We Are Golden". Given that pop royalty are, by the very nature of the role, supposed to be entirely over the top and divide people strictly into love and hate camps, Mika will do the job as well as anyone."

i love the words he used to describe WAG!!

it makes me feel even more impatient!! :aah:

I can't believe they're not even mentioning the release on Mikasounds.:blink:

indeed! same thought here.. :dunno:

@dcdeb: thank you for sharing.

MJ just got his last walk and the press already wants to search for a new one? I think if you have to search for the new King of Pop there is no one at the moment. Searching is not the right way. The King of pop just should be there!

But I am really getting anxious to hear the new single as well! :woot_jump:

He's the King of Freaks :freak::pinkbow:

(us being the freaks)

Who wouldn't like to be a King of freaks?! It is so much nicer. :teehee:

"How can someone ever listen to his music and understand it without knowing a little bit of what he is as a person?"

Look at Lollipop for example! If we didn't know what was it all about it would've been the dumbest song ever! But the messages behind the songs you can only find in his way of being, not in the obvious lyrics.

Because the music should speak for itself. The lyrics, the music should reflect what you want to transport with it. Just needs some interpretation, some time and a closer look. Well, thats how I did it. :biggrin2:

blimey

they CAN create expectation!:aah:

i know:aah:

I can't believe they're not even mentioning the release on Mikasounds.:blink:

i'm not surprised at all. my granny is more updated than mikasounds:naughty:

And I declare Mika the Prince of Pop not King :naughty:

but there is already a "Prince":doh:

Mummy always told me to become a music journalist...:teehee:

The King of Psychobabble Pop, maybe!

Why haven't you done it or are you one already ?

Not that "Prince":naughty:

no, he does not deserve even to be called Prince, since he once voluntarily resigned from that title in the 90s to be referred to as Symbol....

So he is now the artist formerly known as Symbol, I guess.. :mf_rosetinted:

"MJ is the king of pop atm.... if there ever comes another pop star who can sell more albums and make more hits than MJ that person should be called the new king of pop... but don't think it will happen cos of internet and piracy"

me too, i wholeheartedly agree! but reading this has made me even more excited to hear the new song!!! aaaaaaagggggghhhhhh can't wait!!! :-D x:roftl:

Read my mind....

Edited by Dark Angel

NO NO NO!:shocked:

Let's keep Mika Mika and not a King of Pop! We don't want to lose him :tears:

yeah, if mika was the king of pop, he would have about 25 years of life till his death :shocked:

NOOOOOOOO! :tears: it's better keep Mika as Mika, kings of pop don't have happy endings

I have a question to ask and this looks as good a place as any: Do the people that are here from the beggining remember the hype Grace Kelly had before it came out? Was it like it is now with We are golden, or it was more of an internet thing?

I have a question to ask and this looks as good a place as any: Do the people that are here from the beggining remember the hype Grace Kelly had before it came out? Was it like it is now with We are golden, or it was more of an internet thing?

The thing with Grace Kelly was, Mika was performing it regularly months before it was released (correct me if my memory is shaky), but I suppose the recorded version was very highly anticipated, yes, and hyped, not just on the internet but in the UK music press too. That was mainly because Mika won a prestigious industry poll, the "BBC Sound of 2007", so in general he was hyped quite a lot as the Next Big Thing in late '06/early '07.

It's the fact that We Are Golden has been kept so 'mysterious' so far, at least to Joe Public, that makes me think Mika/Universal consider it to be a really strong single. It's as if they want to hit people right between the eyes with it. Mika isn't the new kid on the block any more and the public tend to already have made their mind up if they like him or not, so I reckon Universal are looking to almost catch people off guard with We Are Golden. That's the impression I get. There certainly seems to be a gathering 'whisper' about WAG and the album among music journalists..it's very exciting! :shocked:

The thing with Grace Kelly was, Mika was performing it regularly months before it was released (correct me if my memory is shaky), but I suppose the recorded version was very highly anticipated, yes, and hyped, not just on the internet but in the UK music press too. That was mainly because Mika won a prestigious industry poll, the "BBC Sound of 2007", so in general he was hyped quite a lot as the Next Big Thing in late '06/early '07.

It's the fact that We Are Golden has been kept so 'mysterious' so far, at least to Joe Public, that makes me think Mika/Universal consider it to be a really strong single. It's as if they want to hit people right between the eyes with it. Mika isn't the new kid on the block any more and the public tend to already have made their mind up if they like him or not, so I reckon Universal are looking to almost catch people off guard with We Are Golden. That's the impression I get. There certainly seems to be a gathering 'whisper' about WAG and the album among music journalists..it's very exciting! :shocked:

I think you are absolutely right...:thumb_yello:

Joe Public on 17th July: :boxed:

:biggrin2:

Gatagordinha... You're making me even more excited damnit:aah: But thanks:wub2: And you have a point there!

I really really don't want him to be King of Pop. For god's sake, the king's just died and they want another one already, I think NO ONE can ever have such an impact or be as good as MJ was, IMO... And I don't think we want to give Mika that reputation... I think it'd just be a lot of pressure for him and that he wouldn't be himself if he was just doing this because he "wanted the crown"...

So... NO to Mika the King Of Pop.:naughty:

That was very well said and I think that you're right. I am also getting the feeling that not only will this album "not disappoint", but also have phenomenal success.

I can't waitttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!

NO NO NO!:shocked:

Let's keep Mika Mika and not a King of Pop! We don't want to lose him :tears:

Yeah, same here. I don't want him to EVER go the way Michael went, and I don't mean just the dying young part.

MJ had lost the plot many years ago, when he started with his infantile obsessions (Neverland) and his destruction of his own body to plastic surgery and skin whitening, trying to conform to whatever strange idea he had in his mind that he needed to conform to.

He wasn't (IMO) happy, he wasn't balanced, and he was just a sad case of a child star gone wrong.

I know that Mika is not a child star, he's an adult, and his family circumstances are differnt, but still, I would never want him to go down the route that MJ did. He can be musically fabulous, but not the other aspects please. PLEASE Mika, don't :wink2:.

hmm...I don't think anyone could replace or take the name as "the king of pop"...there is only one king, which is michael :wub2: I mean, he just died and they are trying to replace him? :blink: that was really fast :boxed: no one could or should or will ever replace Michael...

but if anyone could replace Michael...it could be mika..but I don't want anyone to replace Michael :tears:

I'm so excited to hear the new single now though :biggrin2:

I know that Mika is not a child star, he's an adult, and his family circumstances are differnt, but still, I would never want him to go down the route that MJ did. He can be musically fabulous, but not the other aspects please. PLEASE Mika, don't :wink2:.

Hopefully he got the meaning behind my tweet that was retweeted a few times. i.e. don't turn into a freak. :teehee:

Gata you are right about this single. It's all very exciting!!!!

Can't believe it's only 9 days away. :shocked:

whohooooooooo

this makes even more anxious than before :naughty:

@ Gatagordinha: i think you`re right :thumb_yello: probably Universal know that this single will be a success and it`ll put Mika at top of the charts again :biggrin2:

can`t wait to hear it :mf_lustslow:

I was just freaking out about this last night :naughty:

I so hope he remains the same.

That I am also getting the feeling that not only will this album "not disappoint", but also have phenomenal success.

I feel the same... from all the bits and pieces we have heard so far and the acoustic gigs also confirming how much he has matured....:wub2:

I think Mika was more mature when he was 10 than MJ was at the age of 50.

hmm...I don't think anyone could replace or take the name as "the king of pop"...there is only one king, which is michael :wub2....... no one could or should or will ever replace Michael...

There are two terms I really dislike when artists are compared against each other:

1., giving titles to them like King of this, Queen of that... Prince of the... greatest entertainer of all times etc...

I hate such clichés, not to mention that there is no objective way to measure this.

2., when people are talking about one artist replacing another in these positions...

It really must be most annoying for any fan of a particular artist when they hear a newcomer trying to 'reclaim the crown' of their favourite...

I know that a lot of Queen fans turned away from Mika only for this reason as soon as he appeared, saying no-one can ever be as big as Freddie...etc... - I think it simply shows that some people cannot move on with life and prefer to live in the past, turning their anger at anyone coming close to the greatness of their favourite musicians.

In reality, I don't think that any artist's greatness can be weighed against that of another one.