Global Pop Phenomenon, MIKA, Releases Sophomore Album September 22

dcdeb

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not like he is even asking our opinion on the name We are Golden with a view to changing it....oh if only he was....:teehee:

As an album name, it is a bit..."meh" ( to coin a Mana-ism....oh that made me laugh, I said it like "mannerism" as I typed it:roftl:)

Maybe some of us are just disappointed that it is also the single, which we already knew about, so the name has been floating round as a title of a song for ages, and all the hype of the "as yet untitled" second album led us to believe that the name would be something different and ...special.:boxed:

I suppose it will take on special status once we hear it, buy it, touch it and fall in love with We Are Golden (WAG???:boxed:) just like we did LiCM.

:pinkbow:

Edit: I did like Life in Golden Strawberries HAHA

It's not like he is even asking our opinion on the name We are Golden with a view to changing it....oh if only he was....

As an album name, it is a bit..."meh" ( to coin a Mana-ism....oh that made me laugh, I said it like "mannerism" as I typed it:roftl:)

Maybe some of us are just disappointed that it is also the single, which we already knew about, so the name has been floating round as a title of a song for ages, and all the hype of the "as yet untitled" second album led us to believe that the name would be something different and ...special.:boxed:

I suppose it will take on special status once we hear it, buy it, touch it and fall in love with We Are Golden (WAG???:boxed:) just like we did LiCM.

:pinkbow:

Edit: I did like Life in Golden Strawberries HAHA

Woo-hoo! I have "isms"! :roftl:

In my humble opinion, it's more than a "meh" idea. I'd even go so far as to use the horribly scathing term...sucktastic idea! :teehee:

Imagine this.

Interviewer: And today, we have special guest Mika on the show! So Mika, tell us about your single.

Mika: Well, it's called We Are Golden....

Interviewer: Right, and it's from your new album?

Mika: Yes, which is *also* called We Are Golden.

Interviewer: Ah, yes. Okay, so when you were first writing We Are Golden...

Mika: Wait, you mean the single? Or the album? :blink:

:roftl:

Also, I think the problem for me personally is that when artists name an album after a song, it puts that song in a particular spotlight and in some ways, takes the spotlight away from the rest of the tracks. I mean, when someone says "Life in Cartoon Motion" we immediately think of those specific songs that make up that album. The album name is a package in which all songs fit equally. Imagine if he'd called LICM "Grace Kelly". :blink:

Now, when someone says "We Are Golden", in reference to the album, I'm going to initially think of that particular song, rather than the album as a whole. Instead of being a package in which all songs fit, the name We Are Golden is, well, biased toward that one track. IMHO, of course.

I'd have preferred Life in Golden Strawberries, too. :pinkbow:

I think all of this excitement has made me lose my apetite. (Just like when Mika played in LA) Can someone fix me? :dunno:

There's only one man who can save you now...

SUPER MIKA!!

(Where's wonka? We need a pic of Mika flying through the air wearing a cape :naughty:)

Woo-hoo! I have "isms"! :roftl:

In my humble opinion, it's more than a "meh" idea. I'd even go so far as to use the horribly scathing term...sucktastic idea! :teehee:

Imagine this.

Interviewer: And today, we have special guest Mika on the show! So Mika, tell us about your single.

Mika: Wait, you mean the single? Or the album? :blink:

:roftl:

I can totally see that happening. :naughty:

Well, he asked for it. :fisch:

Also, I think the problem for me personally is that when artists name an album after a song, it puts that song in a particular spotlight and in some ways, takes the spotlight away from the rest of the tracks. I mean, when someone says "Life in Cartoon Motion" we immediately think of those specific songs that make up that album. The album name is a package in which all songs fit equally. Imagine if he'd called LICM "Grace Kelly". :blink:

Now, when someone says "We Are Golden", in reference to the album, I'm going to initially think of that particular song, rather than the album as a whole. Instead of being a package in which all songs fit, the name We Are Golden is, well, biased toward that one track. IMHO, of course.

I'd have preferred Life in Golden Strawberries, too. :pinkbow:

I agree. We won't be able to refer to it as a whole. :sad:

There's only one man who can save you now...

SUPER MIKA!!

(Where's wonka? We need a pic of Mika flying through the air wearing a cape :naughty:)

:lmfao:

I made some noodles-in-a-box but I couldn't finish them. Yay, maybe I'll lose some weight! :roftl:

Woo-hoo! I have "isms"! :

In my humble opinion, it's more than a "meh" idea. I'd even go so far as to use the horribly scathing term...sucktastic idea!

Imagine this.

Mika: Wait, you mean the single? Or the album?

Also, I think the problem for me personally is that when artists name an album after a song, it puts that song in a particular spotlight and in some ways, takes the spotlight away from the rest of the tracks. I mean, when someone says "Life in Cartoon Motion" we immediately think of those specific songs that make up that album. The album name is a package in which all songs fit equally. Imagine if he'd called LICM "Grace Kelly".

It's not like he is even asking our opinion on the name We are Golden with a view to changing it....oh if only he was....

As an album name, it is a bit..."meh" ( to coin a Mana-ism....oh that made me laugh, I said it like "mannerism" as I typed it)

Maybe some of us are just disappointed that it is also the single, which we already knew about, so the name has been floating round as a title of a song for ages, and all the hype of the "as yet untitled" second album led us to believe that the name would be something different and ...special.

I agree with both of you. I was disappointed to learn that it's the name of the album too :boxed: I really like the idea of LICM summarising the entire album.. I'm hoping Mika has something up his sleeves.. and that We are Golden is not just a song, but a concept. :thumb_yello:

Ok, maybe he was just taking a leaf out of MJ's book a la Thriller and BAD, which were album names and singles. Good enough for MJ, good enough for MP.

Then the single by the same name is called the "title track".

*yawn*

Edit after reading nikjass' post ....maybe those MJ albums were concepts too. Maybe We are Golden is a total concept/theme/package

according to my computer, this press release came out at 12:24a.m. Hong Kong time n it's now 2:14p.m. here. but i spent my whole last night here n didn't see this article at all??? GOD. i must be blind??

so confused:hypo:

yet excited n grateful:wub2:

I love that cover. :wub2:

It's beautiful!! :wub2:

That was my first thought too. LICM was such a brilliant name, and I guess we were expecting something similar for the second album too. But, as someone said, it can be a concept. And I'm sure he has thought about it carefully :naughty:

THANKS FOR POSTING! :flowers2:

I'm really, really excited :boing:

Me too! I find it really hard to concentrate to RL at the moment :teehee:

I like the album title- it brings all sorts of wonderful images into my mind- even reminds me of my own adolescece. I don't mind it being the same as the single. I can even cope when the band name is the same as both- I only groan when the phrase is also the first line of the lyric!

But i think we're going to be seeing a lot of that golden jacket- and I'm not keen. And I do keep singing Woodstock (Oldlings will understand, though few of us will actually remember it from 1967)

Love the cover!

Edited by Soaring Simpson

But i think we're going to be seeing a lot of that golden jacket- and I'm not keen. And I do keep singing Woodstock (Oldlings will understand, though few of us will actually remember it from 1967)

Joni Mitchell :freak:

My mom started singing it when I told her the name of Mika's single (and album :rolls_eyes:).

NOOOOO!!! HOOOOWWW COULD HE CALL HIS ALBUM WE ARE GOLDEN! WHAT A FREAKIN STUPID NAME!! THATS THE NAME OF ONE OF THE FREAKIN SONGS!! WHY??!! :tears: :tears: :tears:

It is a completely standard practice to name the album after one of the key tracks.

Have you thought it is a concept, for example?? (I mean the concept of playing with colours, being colourful)

Also, the single might be so strong it easily helps sell the album to a new audience as well.

*not read the last 23 ages, I just don't have the time*

This article sounds to promising as if it was just too good to be true. (And I love every reference to disney-no matter in what part of art :teehee: ) Can't wait for the album. :)

Yep. :biggrin2:

:boing::boing::boing::boing: I CAN'T WAIT !!!

And I think it's fine that he called it the same as the single. It's a great name, it's so powerful !! Cause it's not like ''I Am Golden'' or ''They Are Golden'' it's ''WE ARE GOLDEN'' Its crazy cool ! :mf_lustslow:

CAN'T FREAKING WAIT !!!!

Yes :wink2:

or he's joking, maybe the album is called 'Life in cartoon motion 2' :mf_rosetinted:

You know I was actually thinking kinda the same...

What if he told us this to chill us down and to make us think that something's wrong with him and when it'll appear to have a totally different name....:shocked:

Hey, guys...I have found the same article on a Romanian radio's website with a really nice picture...

:wub2:

4a5c7772075e8mika.jpg

By the looks of his jumper and the hair, I'd say it's a new one!

THANKS MUM FOR FINDING THE ARTICLE!:thumb_yello: