What Do We Think Of The Second Album Title; We Are Golden?

What Do We Think Of The Second Album Title; We Are Golden?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. What Do We Think Of The Second Album Title; We Are Golden?

• It’s great – catchy, pretty and simple!
    • I feel let down – after Life In Cartoon Motion I expected another creative album title
    • I don’t really care either way. A albums a album

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why this woman?? how abt lady gaga??:teehee:

i've picked option 2 and u know the reasons i guess. but what i wanna say is, for me, disappointment comes up but also goes away in a very short time- i'm now back to excitement:boing:

i see there has been much negativity aft WAG is formally announced as the album title, which is not gd..... we've been waiting for this thingly for entirely 2 years!! why let a name bring us down?? come on buddies!! what we need to do now is jumping around smiling laughing like an idiot waiting for the hearing of WAG and the final release of this album!!!!

:woot_jump:

and i know this is silly, but i seriously dun want mika feeling upset coz of all these groans:no:

In the UK footballer's ladies are known as "WAGS" an acronym for "Wives and Girlfriends" Cheryl Cole is married to a footballer, so she is a WAG :thumb_yello:

I like your positive approach and will now join in

:woot_jump: :woot_jump: :woot_jump:

i feel the same,it makes perfect sense:thumb_yello: to me:naughty:

title doesn't matter that much but it also matters very much but it's just a title,which is very important so:blink:

Know what you mean...

And there is a lot who has the first singel as the name of the album

And there is a lot who has the first singel as the name of the album

yeah.that makes it more ordinary:naughty:

but it's mika:fangurl:

i would still buy the album if it was called "cream cheese on my bagel" :naughty:

In the UK footballer's ladies are known as "WAGS" an acronym for "Wives and Girlfriends" Cheryl Cole is married to a footballer, so she is a WAG :thumb_yello:

I like your positive approach and will now join in

:woot_jump: :woot_jump: :woot_jump:

thzz for ur explanation:aah:

and thzz for joining!!! more hype!!!

:punk::harp::fangurl::band::groupwave:

Personally; I’m sad about the second album title. I almost cried. I can’t add much more to my opinion of it other than I feel let down.

Remember Mika saying (about LICM) "My record company wanted to call my album something catchy and simple, like 'Love Today.' and I was like no! I can't allow that."

I feel kinda sad; almost like our anti-conformity Mika is doing what he's being told.

But that’s just me; I’d love to hear what others think of the album title and discussion over it.

so; discuss! Please! :naughty:

I really don’t know squat about the music industry but common sense tells me it costs money to make a record.

People in many different lines of work are furthermore going be there and share the money.

Earn money = sell a lot of records = make the album well known = easy to remember

Peanuts!:thumb_yello::naughty:

Even if we want him to follow his dream or his principles….:huh:

But what do we actually know…maybe this is his absolutely own creative and original idea…our golden boy!:wub2:

If you think about it, couldn’t it possibly be a play with words like LICM?

Like this: LICM is about childhood and the bright colours represent the immatureness in a person but now has the person matured and become golden, like a fruit which is ripen!

Haha, I should have been a poet don’t you think?:naughty:

It’s very hard to vote because:

1. I really want to trust Mika or his people in doing the right ting in this.:blush-anim-cl: So much are at stake with a second album!

2. Of course I’m a little disappointed; I wouldn’t be a Mika fan :kaf: if I didn’t stood behind the original and unexpected!

3. Who am I to have an opinion :teehee: I really know too little of the thought behind the title!

I already posted my rant in the other thread, but I'll quote it here too. :naughty:

------------

In my humble opinion, it's more than a "meh" idea. I'd even go so far as to use the horribly scathing term...sucktastic idea! :teehee:

Imagine this.

Interviewer: And today, we have special guest Mika on the show! So Mika, tell us about your single.

Mika: Well, it's called We Are Golden....

Interviewer: Right, and it's from your new album?

Mika: Yes, which is *also* called We Are Golden.

Interviewer: Ah, yes. Okay, so when you were first writing We Are Golden...

Mika: Wait, you mean the single? Or the album? :blink:

:roftl:

Also, I think the problem for me personally is that when artists name an album after a song, it puts that song in a particular spotlight and in some ways, takes the spotlight away from the rest of the tracks. I mean, when someone says "Life in Cartoon Motion" we immediately think of those specific songs that make up that album. The album name is a package in which all songs fit equally. Imagine if he'd called LICM "Grace Kelly". :blink:

Now, when someone says "We Are Golden", in reference to the album, I'm going to initially think of that particular song, rather than the album as a whole. Instead of being a package in which all songs fit, the name We Are Golden is, well, biased toward that one track. IMHO, of course.

I'd have preferred Life in Golden Strawberries, too. :pinkbow:

I really don't give a shizzle about what he calls it, even if he would call it The Tales of Toyboy in a Golden Lollipopland with Dr. John helping him and other characters out of my fanfreakingtastic imaginary world

:mf_rosetinted:

I really don't give a shizzle about what he calls it, even if he would call it The Tales of Toyboy in a Golden Lollipopland with Dr. John helping him and other characters out of my fanfreakingtastic imaginary world

lets make it shorter!!

basically The Tales of Toyboy wif Dr. John is the best!!!!:teehee:

we can film it a cartoon i guess:mf_rosetinted:

I already posted my rant in the other thread, but I'll quote it here too. :naughty:

------------

In my humble opinion, it's more than a "meh" idea. I'd even go so far as to use the horribly scathing term...sucktastic idea! :teehee:

Imagine this.

Interviewer: And today, we have special guest Mika on the show! So Mika, tell us about your single.

Mika: Well, it's called We Are Golden....

Interviewer: Right, and it's from your new album?

Mika: Yes, which is *also* called We Are Golden.

Interviewer: Ah, yes. Okay, so when you were first writing We Are Golden...

Mika: Wait, you mean the single? Or the album? :blink:

Also, I think the problem for me personally is that when artists name an album after a song, it puts that song in a particular spotlight and in some ways, takes the spotlight away from the rest of the tracks. I mean, when someone says "Life in Cartoon Motion" we immediately think of those specific songs that make up that album. The album name is a package in which all songs fit equally. Imagine if he'd called LICM "Grace Kelly". :blink:

Now, when someone says "We Are Golden", in reference to the album, I'm going to initially think of that particular song, rather than the album as a whole. Instead of being a package in which all songs fit, the name We Are Golden is, well, biased toward that one track. IMHO, of course.

I'd have preferred Life in Golden Strawberries, too. :pinkbow:

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

It's not just a name...is name we've been waiting to hear for a year.

We were expecting something better.

I went for NO.2 :emot-sad

And I can't believe I did so. :crybaby:

Maybe if the second option on the poll is the one most voted, maybe he'll change it. In the end, we're the fans...we're supposed to have something to say about it. And we're kinda loud in here!:aah:

lets make it shorter!!

basically The Tales of Toyboy wif Dr. John is the best!!!!:teehee:

we can film it a cartoon i guess:mf_rosetinted:

No that doesn't make sense because there are more characters.

You have to see the positive aspect, when talking about the album you don't have to use 10 minutes to pronounce the name any more:naughty:

Well, this is MIKA we're talking about... I think he's demonstrated that

he knows what he's doing, at least most of the time. :naughty:

I don't mind it at all. :thumb_yello:

No that doesn't make sense because there are more characters.

You have to see the positive aspect, when talking about the album you don't have to use 10 minutes to pronounce the name any more:naughty:

erm how abt The Tales of Toyboy wif Dr. John Blaming It on the Good Gone Girl on a Rainy Day???:blink:

okay i've tried my best:aah:

But we care about the boy’s career, and at least we love to think we know what’s good for his best!:roftl:

Tales of a boy like me!:wub2:

Well, this is MIKA we're talking about... I think he's demonstrated that

he knows what he's doing, at least most of the time. :naughty:

I don't mind it at all. :thumb_yello:

I'll lean on your belief!:thumb_yello:

I went for the first option. Even though I am very slightly disappointed the title isn't something fresh and new, I still like We Are Golden and I think it will prove to be a wise choice, for the following reasons (some of which have been already mentioned by other people):

- it is short, easy to remember and catchy.

- The lead single is what initially sells an album and if the single is as impressive as we think it is going to be, having an eponymous album is an advantage, as people can immediately connect with it and associate it with the song they have heard on the radio.

- The word 'golden' conjurs images of warmth, sunshine, a feelgood factor, positivity; all things associated with Mika's music already. Golden is IMO a beautiful word.

- From the lyrics we have heard, and the description of the song/album we've heard, 'We Are Golden' the single would seem to be a pivotal track thematically for the album, with its message of adolescent expectation and experience. Without hearing the song properly it's not possible to comment more on this but my hunch is that WAG defines the album's concept and as such is an ideal title for the album as a whole.

- It's easy to remember in acronymn form (WAG) :aah:, Mika was obviously very conscious of helping us out here on MFC by not giving us a long, hard to remember acronym :mf_rosetinted: (pity those Kasabian fans who have to remember the letters for West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum every time :naughty:)

- Mika was obviously influenced strongly by Cheryl Cole when they met..she dared him to name the album WAG after her and he cannot resist a dare.

Ok, I did find your post very funny (especially the wag references :roftl:) but I need to comment on the bolded part. I personally don't find it catchy or short.

Short would be Golden. Now THAT's imo a much better title. Or even better: platinum. See, those are short and catchy :naughty:.

look i found a tweet

delilah23 @mikasounds : are you sure you don't wanna name the album "MIKA 2009"? since we're being ordinary why not do it thoroughly:teehee:

:naughty:

I expected something else so im maybe a lil disappointed... but what the hell. What i care about is whats on the album! Not the titel... A titel might say a lot but still...

Donno if that made sence...

Yes, of course it made sense, and that is how I also feel about it.

It's not a massive deal, obviously, and to me it won't make a difference what the album is actually called if I like the contents, but we're perfectly entitled to express how we think the title is good or not anyway :biggrin2:, aye.

Why not just go all out and call it MIKA?

Geniussssssssssssssss

Ok, in all seriousness now, after I saw a few posts saying 'leave the guy alone', etc...: It's not a big deal. Why does any bit of "semi criticism" against something that Mika does or say always have to be construed as a big problem?

So, some of us happen to think that it's not the greatest name. It's only our personal opinion. Big deal! It's NOT a big issue, or a big problem, and it's not something that will concern Mika in the slightests. Let's not lose perspective of reality here, we're just a bunch of fans giving opinions :naughty:, that's all there is to it.

I still think that he could have found a much nicer title. And that's it.