What Do We Think Of The Second Album Title; We Are Golden?

What Do We Think Of The Second Album Title; We Are Golden?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. What Do We Think Of The Second Album Title; We Are Golden?

• It’s great – catchy, pretty and simple!
    • I feel let down – after Life In Cartoon Motion I expected another creative album title
    • I don’t really care either way. A albums a album

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I have it: It should be renamed.....................

WAGGIE

:naughty::naughty::naughty: I think that this word has it all. Catchiness, uniqueness, a little homage to Ella in more ways than one......

:thumb_yello::aah:

Yes, of course it made sense, and that is how I also feel about it.

It's not a massive deal, obviously, and to me it won't make a difference what the album is actually called if I like the contents, but we're perfectly entitled to express how we think the title is good or not anyway :biggrin2:, aye.

Of course we are :thumb_yello:

Ok, in all seriousness now, after I saw a few posts saying 'leave the guy alone', etc...: It's not a big deal. Why does any bit of "semi criticism" against something that Mika does or say always have to be construed as a big problem?

So, some of us happen to think that it's not the greatest name. It's only our personal opinion. Big deal! It's NOT a big issue, or a big problem, and it's not something that will concern Mika in the slightests. Let's not lose perspective of reality here, we're just a bunch of fans giving opinions :naughty:, that's all there is to it.

I still think that he could have found a much nicer title. And that's it.

Amen...

Edited by Dark Angel

I really don't give a shizzle about what he calls it, even if he would call it The Tales of Toyboy in a Golden Lollipopland with Dr. John helping him and other characters out of my fanfreakingtastic imaginary world

:mf_rosetinted:

I would actually love it if he names it like that. :wub2::naughty:

Am I the only one who thinks WAG reminds of Joni Mitchell's song Woodstock?

"We are stardust

Billion year old carbon

We are golden

Caught in the devil's bargain

And we've got to get ourselves

Back to the garden"

Just wrote him on Twitter and asked if he thought about it when he was choosing the name. Anyways I love the idea of it and WAG makes me feel like that. :wub2:

Oh, I have it: It should be renamed.....................

WAGGIE

:naughty::naughty::naughty: I think that this word has it all. Catchiness, uniqueness, a little homage to Ella in more ways than one......

:thumb_yello::aah:

Stroke my Gerbil is the best:mf_rosetinted:

Ok, lets test both as both in interviews or live shows:

Sara's option:

Interviewer: So, Mika, what's the name of your new album?

Mika: The album's name is WAGGIE and has its artwork done by my sister WACK, oh and btw all my fans call me MEEKS and I sent flowers to TEEGS....:boxed::blink::mf_rosetinted:

Ingie's option:

I: So, Mika why are you so obssesed with gerbils and stroking them?

M: Noooo, not the GK syndrome AGAIN...:aah:

My name for the album: "THE NAKED ALBUM":biggrin2:

Ok, lets test both as both in interviews or live shows:

Sara's option:

Interviewer: So, Mika, what's the name of your new album?

Mika: The album's name is WAGGIE and has its artwork done by my sister WACK, oh and btw all my fans call me MEEKS and I sent flowers to TEEGS....:boxed::blink::mf_rosetinted:

I love this one! :roftl::roftl::roftl:

PS Ideally, you give the title based on the concept of the whole album... Has anyone heard the album to judge if it was the right decision?

thats exactly what i was thinking. we havent heard the album yet so we cant tell whether the title is based on the concept of the new record or not. just because it is the title of a track as well it doesnt mean that it doesnt capture the concept of the album.

in my opinion this title fits with the whole theme about the teenage years that mika's been talking about in most of the interviews.

I opted for the 2nd option... It's not that I find it horrible or anything, but I really was expecting something more along the lines of life in cartoon motion. I never would have imagined that the title would just be the title song... You know?

Exactly.

I really expected something like Licm again. I personally don't like it when any artist names his album after a single. But...most artists do it that way.

Yeah me too. That's why I like Mika, because he didn't do that.

See, I differ. To me it's not about whether the title fits with the album. It's just about how it sounds.

I find We Are Golden too 'obvious' and uncreative a title.

Life in Cartoon Motion to me was quite a clever little title, it was fresh and had a nice play on words, but We Are Golden is just....I can't really explain it, but for me it doesn't hit the spot.

In my opinion, it's sort of kitsch if you like. It just doesn't convey (IMO again) brilliant yet classy and quality things, it's a bit too 'in your face', too 'boasty' and just verging on the vulgar side of things. Just a bit too 'blingy', like those rappers with tons of gold chains around their necks. That is the mental image that it conveys in my brain.

Obviously this is how I see it, and I'm not saying that others should see it that way. Just saying that I feel a bit disappointed because I expected something with more weight to it and just 'classier' and more creative and original if I may say so.

Exactly.

Nothing more to add.

:naughty:

Why not just go all out and call it MIKA?

Or just ''TWO!'', or ''This is my second album yo.''

I really don't give a shizzle about what he calls it, even if he would call it The Tales of Toyboy in a Golden Lollipopland with Dr. John helping him and other characters out of my fanfreakingtastic imaginary world

Hell no, that's a horrible albumtitle:mf_rosetinted:

Yeaah sounds catchy, doesn't it and to make it shorter we can say SM

I just wanted to say that:roftl:

I chose the second one- Even though I also feel like I just want to hear the song and the album already:aah: I know I won't care when I do so. AND I don't want to judge Mika in any way for naming the album after the single.. Ok, it'll be a bit confuse, but a lot of other artists do that too, and maybe it wasn't because he wanted it as many said. AND if he wanted it? I'm no one to question him on why did he choose for something a bit repetitive. It's his choice, and IMO, it doesn't make him less of an artist.

But yeah I was hoping for something else:pinkbow: But I'm happy enough by just knowing the damn title:naughty:

Don't think people should start panicking over this. Might be aswell a marketing strategy for a particular track, but it can be so much more than that.:bleh:

I know when I hear the album I won't be worried about its title. Just the content!

But in the end.. I was hoping for something more creative like LICM:dunno: But maybe what's inside it makes up for this.

Edited by Neiobi

Where is the "I think mika had a short thought about the title and I wait until I heard it and until I got to see the album artwork before I judge about the title of it"? Sorry, but I can't judge about something before I had it in my hands and ears. I can't see the future. Not even with my purple sunglasses. :wink2:

thats exactly what i was thinking. we havent heard the album yet so we cant tell whether the title is based on the concept of the new record or not. just because it is the title of a track as well it doesnt mean that it doesnt capture the concept of the album.

in my opinion this title fits with the whole theme about the teenage years that mika's been talking about in most of the interviews.

I could accept that if he had been more committed to the track and the title of the album a long time ago. There was talk in April of Blame it on the Girls being the first single and it sounded like up until very recently Mika was undecided about the album title.

If this title so perfectly conveys the concept I would have expected him to have been working around it for months. I think it's going to be spun that way after the fact but I'm not convinced.

I don't like it when artists name an album after a song. :dunno: Of course Suzie's and Louiza's point is completely valid and I agree, but it's just a personal opinion I've always had: you created lots of songs, you can create one more title! :teehee:

(WW, your siggy! :roftl:)

i prefer TWO! what a powerful name:teehee:

Oh yeah, and it's short and catchy.:mf_rosetinted:

There is actually a Dutch band which has released their 4th album recently, and they just called it ''VIER'', which means ''FOUR''.

Also Led Zeppelin did this, they just called their first album I, their second album II etc.

Like I said: Short and catchy, and it isn't a name of one of the tracks.:mf_rosetinted:

Ofcourse I'm not serious and I don't really want it to be called TWO or something.

Yeah. At first there was all of this ''Ooh, it's a surprise, the title is still unknown'' thing going on. So I read it and was like: :boxed:

It just made me feel like he hadn't put much thought in it.

Yeah, exactly.

Oh yeah, and it's short and catchy.:mf_rosetinted:

There is actually a Dutch band which has released their 4th album recently, and they just called it ''VIER'', which means ''FOUR''.

Also Led Zeppelin did this, they just called their first album I, their second album II etc.

Like I said: Short and catchy, and it isn't a name of one of the tracks.:mf_rosetinted:

Ofcourse I'm not serious and I don't really want it to be called TWO or something.

Oh, I'm sure he will write a track which will be called TWO, just for MFC. :mf_rosetinted: