What Do We Think Of The Second Album Title; We Are Golden?

What Do We Think Of The Second Album Title; We Are Golden?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. What Do We Think Of The Second Album Title; We Are Golden?

• It’s great – catchy, pretty and simple!
    • I feel let down – after Life In Cartoon Motion I expected another creative album title
    • I don’t really care either way. A albums a album

Personally; I’m sad about the second album title. I almost cried. I can’t add much more to my opinion of it other than I feel let down.

Remember Mika saying (about LICM) "My record company wanted to call my album something catchy and simple, like 'Love Today.' and I was like no! I can't allow that."

I feel kinda sad; almost like our anti-conformity Mika is doing what he's being told.

But that’s just me; I’d love to hear what others think of the album title and discussion over it.

so; discuss! Please! :naughty:

Edited by racinghorse83

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i absolutely love it, cause WE ARE GOLDEN for real, anyone is, the message is straight and forward

:wub2:

have you got any doubt anyway? that i could not love it? :wink2:

Edited by robertina

I opted for the 2nd option... It's not that I find it horrible or anything, but I really was expecting something more along the lines of life in cartoon motion. I never would have imagined that the title would just be the title song... You know? :boxed: Tbh, I never liked the title we are golden for a single either :blush-anim-cl: So it's about time to hear the song and be proven otherwise! :thumb_yello::wub2:

Absolutely brilliant idea :thumb_yello:

1., evokes sense of colour, being colourful, bright, happy and ready for some....:teehee: and fits in with Mika's concept of playing with colours.

2., We Are Golden, the single is obviously very strong and it can carry the album on its back, regardless of the rest of the songs - though we KNOW the other songs are likely to be all great, too. :wub2:

PS Ideally, you give the title based on the concept of the whole album... Has anyone heard the album to judge if it was the right decision?

Edited by suzie

I chose the 2nd one, but it's not like I'm going to throw a fit. I don't even really care at this point. I just want to hear it already :lol3:

EDIT: I would love the title if it weren't for the fact that it's the same name as the single. It just confuses everything.

Edited by Fmbm

a little disappointed not for the title but for using the same title for a single and for the album.

anyway is a good title

and i'm sure, 100% sure, that We are Golden will be wonderful

and the album too

:thumb_yello:

1., evokes sense of colour, being colourful, bright, happy and ready for some....:teehee: and fits in with Mika's concept of playing with colours.

On that note, I'd like to add that I love the color golden... :wub2: It's my fav for real, if they ask in quizzes what your fav color is and it mentions gold...

goldensmilie.png

but...

who are WE?

WE who?

me and my brain?

me and my jacket?

me and my family?

me and my band?

i'm just jocking...

firstly i desire so much to listen the song :original:

all of us..me, you and albert the donkey :original:

I went for option 2 - I wanted something more original

BUT

1. It's catchy - and if the song is as good as everyone says, it will help sell the album

2. LICM was "re-advertised" as "Mika" on UK telly (just in an advert - they sressed Mika, not LICM,) I wonder if they had market research evidence that some people hadn't made the connection between Mika and the album?

3. We don't know for sure that Mika wasn't "persuaded" to go along with this for marketing purposes - I wonder if this is behind Ella's tweet about Jackasses & Mika's response :roftl:

I think it's a shame for Mikafans like us, but it might be the right thing for the world at large :thumb_yello: and remember:

"What's in a name? that which we call a rose

By any other name would smell as sweet;" :biggrin2:

Absolutely brilliant idea

2., We Are Golden, the single is obviously very strong and it can carry the album on its back, regardless of the rest of the songs - though we KNOW the other songs are likely to be all great, too. :wub2:

PS Ideally, you give the title based on the concept of the whole album... Has anyone heard the album to judge if it was the right decision?

See, I differ. To me it's not about whether the title fits with the album. It's just about how it sounds.

I find We Are Golden too 'obvious' and uncreative a title.

Life in Cartoon Motion to me was quite a clever little title, it was fresh and had a nice play on words, but We Are Golden is just....I can't really explain it, but for me it doesn't hit the spot.

In my opinion, it's sort of kitsch if you like. It just doesn't convey (IMO again) brilliant yet classy and quality things, it's a bit too 'in your face', too 'boasty' and just verging on the vulgar side of things. Just a bit too 'blingy', like those rappers with tons of gold chains around their necks. That is the mental image that it conveys in my brain.

Obviously this is how I see it, and I'm not saying that others should see it that way. Just saying that I feel a bit disappointed because I expected something with more weight to it and just 'classier' and more creative and original if I may say so.

I went for option 2 - I wanted something more original

BUT

1. It's catchy - and if the song is as good as everyone says, it will help sell the album

2. LICM was "re-advertised" as "Mika" on UK telly (just in an advert - they sressed Mika, not LICM,) I wonder if they had market research evidence that some people hadn't made the connection between Mika and the album?

3. We don't know for sure that Mika wasn't "persuaded" to go along with this for marketing purposes - I wonder if this is behind Ella's tweet about Jackasses & Mika's response :roftl:

I think it's a shame for Mikafans like us, but it might be the right thing for the world at large :thumb_yello: and remember:

"What's in a name? that which we call a rose

By any other name would smell as sweet;" :biggrin2:

Exactly my thoughts, specially the bold part :thumb_yello:

Personally; I’m sad about the second album title. I almost cried. I can’t add much more to my opinion of it other than I feel let down.

Remember Mika saying (about LICM) "My record company wanted to call my album something catchy and simple, like 'Love Today.' and I was like no! I can't allow that."

I feel kinda sad; almost like our anti-conformity Mika is doing what he's being told.

That was what I thought yesterday.. :sad:

I choose second option..

I went for the first option. Even though I am very slightly disappointed the title isn't something fresh and new, I still like We Are Golden and I think it will prove to be a wise choice, for the following reasons (some of which have been already mentioned by other people):

- it is short, easy to remember and catchy.

- The lead single is what initially sells an album and if the single is as impressive as we think it is going to be, having an eponymous album is an advantage, as people can immediately connect with it and associate it with the song they have heard on the radio.

- The word 'golden' conjurs images of warmth, sunshine, a feelgood factor, positivity; all things associated with Mika's music already. Golden is IMO a beautiful word.

- From the lyrics we have heard, and the description of the song/album we've heard, 'We Are Golden' the single would seem to be a pivotal track thematically for the album, with its message of adolescent expectation and experience. Without hearing the song properly it's not possible to comment more on this but my hunch is that WAG defines the album's concept and as such is an ideal title for the album as a whole.

- It's easy to remember in acronymn form (WAG) :aah:, Mika was obviously very conscious of helping us out here on MFC by not giving us a long, hard to remember acronym :mf_rosetinted: (pity those Kasabian fans who have to remember the letters for West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum every time :naughty:)

- Mika was obviously influenced strongly by Cheryl Cole when they met..she dared him to name the album WAG after her and he cannot resist a dare.

look i found a tweet:mf_rosetinted:

delilah23 @mikasounds : are you sure you don't wanna name the album "MIKA 2009"? since we're being ordinary why not do it thoroughly:teehee:

look i found a tweet:mf_rosetinted:

delilah23 @mikasounds : are you sure you don't wanna name the album "MIKA 2009"? since we're being ordinary why not do it thoroughly:teehee:

:naughty:

Why not just go all out and call it MIKA?

I expected something else so im maybe a lil disappointed... but what the hell. What i care about is whats on the album! Not the titel... A titel might say a lot but still...

Donno if that made sence...:blink:

i feel the same,it makes perfect sense:thumb_yello: to me:naughty:

title doesn't matter that much but it also matters very much but it's just a title,which is very important so:blink:

- Mika was obviously influenced strongly by Cheryl Cole when they met..she dared him to name the album WAG after her and he cannot resist a dare.

why this woman?? how abt lady gaga??:teehee:

i've picked option 2 and u know the reasons i guess. but what i wanna say is, for me, disappointment comes up but also goes away in a very short time- i'm now back to excitement:boing:

i see there has been much negativity aft WAG is formally announced as the album title, which is not gd..... we've been waiting for this thingly for entirely 2 years!! why let a name bring us down?? come on buddies!! what we need to do now is jumping around smiling laughing like an idiot waiting for the hearing of WAG and the final release of this album!!!!

:woot_jump:

and i know this is silly, but i seriously dun want mika feeling upset coz of all these groans:no:

Edited by huikings