MIKA @ Latitude Festival: 18-07-2009 REPORTS, PHOTOS AND VIDEOS

Suzy

Mika singing 'I will survive' with Dan on the piano with a bunch of people in the woods!!! :shocked:

:biggrin2::biggrin2:

Well...that should end "THE" speculation! :teehee::lmfao:

Thanks everyone for the reports, pics, etc etc! :thumb_yello:

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mika singing 'I will survive' with Dan on the piano with a bunch of people in the woods!!! :shocked:

:biggrin2::biggrin2:

Mika in the woods...feeling a new picture from Williwonka coming soon! :das:

Awesome...:roftl: he didn't know most of the lyrics!

But who were all those persons? Do we know anyone? :shocked:

Thanks for posting, Miro!

thanks for posting!

you can see cherisse in the background too

I saw her too...poor girl, you could only spot her hair.

I actually didn't see him at first, it took me few seconds to find him :roftl::roftl:

He was very passionate about the song though....:roftl::roftl::roftl:

QMagazine: #Latitude - Day 2 Reviewed: Doves, Airborne Toxic Event, Mika, St Vincent, Passion Pit, Grace Jones and more... http://tiny.cc/LatitudeDay2

Latitude Festival 2009: Day Two, Saturday July 18

.....Mika performs in a ridiculously small tent and has the youngest crowd of the weekend. Ver kids love it. A clutch of new songs are sprinkled through the set but opener Grace Kelly is the pop moment. Throwing hundreds of paper butterflies into the audience proves his showman tendencies remain strong.

@Lowestoft_UK: Lowestoft News - Review: Mika: Brit Award-winning singer-songwriter Mikahttp://bit.ly/AtNXi made his first festival..

Review: Mika

EMMA LEE

19 July 2009

Mika

Uncut Arena, Saturday

Brit Award-winning singer-songwriter Mika made his first festival appearance for two years in the Uncut Arena on Saturday afternoon. But would the flamboyant star's acoustic performance be as low-key as it sounded? Of course not. Before he took to the stage, paper aeroplanes were handed out to audience members with an instruction to throw them on hearing the words 'Scooby Doo', while his backing band were working some elaborate glittery headwear. And the man himself was resplendant in an orange neon jacket.

His 40-minute set was a romp through his greatest hits - the show opened with the jaunty chart topping Grace Kelly - and a sneak preview of some new songs, which will feature on his sophomore album to be released later this year.

Mika has an incredible vocal range - the Freddie Mercury comparisons are spot on. And he's another performer who really knows how to put on a great show. Highlights included the Marmite-y Big Girl You Are Beautiful: you either find the lyrics empowering or patronising but it's a fantastic tune, Love Today, which was heralded by a shower of confetti, and the finale Lollipop, which saw Mika wearing a neon feather head-dress and banging on a makeshift beer keg drum before dozens of white balloons were released into the crowd. He was back with a bang.

:shocked: Thanks Miro!! :wub2:

slideshow from the same person

I can't watch it because I'm live in Belgium :tears:

What's on it?

Edited by Guest

:shocked: Thanks Miro!! :wub2:

slideshow from the same person

thank you, Miro! :wub2:

You're welcome :biggrin2:

Mari, I can't see the slideshow.. are they pics from the gig or from the woods? :naughty: