The Ticket Fairy Has Arrived! iTunes Festival Tickets Giveaway!

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have fun.. hope you get around alright :wink2:

I can't believe this... I want to go badly but no ticket, yet some have ticket but can't go.. just ain't my luck eh. Have a blast everyone!! :aah:

Rant coming- read at your own peril. Nothing offensive, but just a few truths that I think need to be said.

:sneaky2: That truly sucks. You LIVE here, are ready to go, and yet you can't o because a few people were impulsive in applying and did so without having the absolute certainty that they could go to the gig. I find that terrible.

I know that this is probably stating the obvious, and I realise that nobody did it with a malicious intention, but it was very clearly stated that for people to apply for the MFC tickets people had to be certain of the fact that they could attend.

Now I may be a bit of a perfectionist, maybe, but in my book that would sort of automatically imply that I had already checked the work and/or travel arrangements (if I was a foreigner) and knew for sure that I either had a travel ticket, or could get one, should I win the tickets.

I do find it terrible that, having been told that we needed to be sure of the fact that we could come as this was such a restricted giveaway, so many people are now "discovering" last minute that they can't come after all, and other people (including some like you, who don't even need to travel for this gig!) are being left out when there is no reason for it.

Of course I realise that people may have sudden problems that are totally out of their control, like a death in the family, etc, but travel arrangements not going to plan do NOT constitute this IMO. That was just a basic part of it, and everyone knew that a last minute ticket to London in the middle of the summer and accommodation would be expensive.

I would imagine that this poses the question that, if we have similar situations in the future, maybe competitions should be limited to those who are already in the country where the gig happens or at the very least have already purchased (and can prove so) travel. It just seems deeply unfair and silly to waste these chances.

As I said, I'm not pointing individual fingers here, or being rude, or being aggressive or offensive, but I am actually quite shocked by the fact that people didn't consider others when they applied for these tickets, knowing that it would be a problem to change names around if there was a need.

Rant coming- read at your own peril. Nothing offensive, but just a few truths that I think need to be said.

:sneaky2: That truly sucks. You LIVE here, are ready to go, and yet you can't o because a few people were impulsive in applying and did so without having the absolute certainty that they could go to the gig. I find that terrible.

I know that this is probably stating the obvious, and I realise that nobody did it with a malicious intention, but it was very clearly stated that for people to apply for the MFC tickets people had to be certain of the fact that they could attend.

Now I may be a bit of a perfectionist, maybe, but in my book that would sort of automatically imply that I had already checked the work and/or travel arrangements (if I was a foreigner) and knew for sure that I either had a travel ticket, or could get one, should I win the tickets.

I do find it terrible that, having been told that we needed to be sure of the fact that we could come as this was such a restricted giveaway, so many people are now "discovering" last minute that they can't come after all, and other people (including some like you, who don't even need to travel for this gig!) are being left out when there is no reason for it.

Of course I realise that people may have sudden problems that are totally out of their control, like a death in the family, etc, but travel arrangements not going to plan do NOT constitute this IMO. That was just a basic part of it, and everyone knew that a last minute ticket to London in the middle of the summer and accommodation would be expensive.

I would imagine that this poses the question that, if we have similar situations in the future, maybe competitions should be limited to those who are already in the country where the gig happens or at the very least have already purchased (and can prove so) travel. It just seems deeply unfair and silly to waste these chances.

As I said, I'm not pointing individual fingers here, or being rude, or being aggressive or offensive, but I am actually quite shocked by the fact that people didn't consider others when they applied for these tickets, knowing that it would be a problem to change names around if there was a need.

I'm not going to say that I disagree with you :thumb_yello:

but to be fair, many that applied early checked and canceled within the 24 hours the contest was open. That should be ok imho

and then there were some who had to ask parents first, and eagerly hoped that the already won (and free) ticket would make their parents change mind and let them go. Not a brilliant idea, for sure, but well... haven't we all done something similar in our youth, hoping to the last minute that we'd get the clearance? Sure there's a lesson to be learned, but I find it a bit difficult to really blame them, keeping in mind my own sins :teehee:

I don't agree with the bolded part... if you have like 5 days and you really want to go there ,you can make it. I totally agree by the way...those who knew they can't attend the show for sure, shouldn't have applied for the ticks. I'm not English, but honestly, if I had a few days to plan things (accomodation, travel) and I really wanted it, I could make it. Even with trains, or stuff....

Hungary will probably never be on Mika's map, so I just don't want to wait forever. I know I could actually BUY tickets, but that's even more expensive, and I can't see the point why I shouldn't be able to apply for one free ticket, if I KNOW I can arrange travel and accomodation.

Anyway, I totally agree, some people are really irresponsible or just...*insert an offensive word here*

I'm not going to say that I disagree with you :thumb_yello:

but to be fair, many that applied early checked and canceled within the 24 hours the contest was open. That should be ok imho

and then there were some who had to ask parents first, and eagerly hoped that the already won (and free) ticket would make their parents change mind and let them go. Not a brilliant idea, for sure, but well... haven't we all done something similar in our youth, hoping to the last minute that we'd get the clearance? Sure there's a lesson to be learned, but I find it a bit difficult to really blame them, keeping in mind my own sins :teehee:

Yes, I realise that it's a complex issue, and that of course the certainty of a free ticket would allow some to get permission to come, etc, but the problem is that it is such a limited amount, that any waste will be significant. I feel very sorry for the ones who wanted to go, are ready, but can't because now others tool their place and can't even be sure to go. And even if one had won a free ticket, they would still have to fork out for trvel and accommodation, so one would have expected the fact that there might be some "bumps" in the road.

As I said, I DO understand people getting carried away, but I find that they should have been more careful. Or some. Dropping out first thing is not the same as dropping out the day before....

I don't agree with the bolded part... if you have like 5 days and you really want to go there ,you can make it. I totally agree by the way...those who knew they can't attend the show for sure, shouldn't have applied for the ticks. I'm not English, but honestly, if I had a few days to plan things (accomodation, travel) and I really wanted it, I could make it. Even with trains, or stuff....

Hungary will probably never be on Mika's map, so I just don't want to wait forever. I know I could actually BUY tickets, but that's even more expensive, and I can't see the point why I shouldn't be able to apply for one free ticket, if I KNOW I can arrange travel and accomodation.

Anyway, I totally agree, some people are really irresponsible or just...*insert an offensive word here*

Of course, if one CAN go, I am all for it, if one can actually make it, I don't care where they come from, it's the fact that apparently (my own observation) some have only realised now that travel is impossible, or that they can't get around by themselves, etc.... I think that we're in agreement anyway :thumb_yello:.

Yes, I realise that it's a complex issue, and that of course the certainty of a free ticket would allow some to get permission to come, etc, but the problem is that it is such a limited amount, that any waste will be significant. I feel very sorry for the ones who wanted to go, are ready, but can't because now others tool their place and can't even be sure to go. And even if one had won a free ticket, they would still have to fork out for trvel and accommodation, so one would have expected the fact that there might be some "bumps" in the road.

As I said, I DO understand people getting carried away, but I find that they should have been more careful. Or some. Dropping out first thing is not the same as dropping out the day before....

Of course, if one CAN go, I am all for it, if one can actually make it, I don't care where they come from, it's the fact that apparently (my own observation) some have only realised now that travel is impossible, or that they can't get around by themselves, etc.... I think that we're in agreement anyway :thumb_yello:.

Yeah sure, I completely understand what you meant. People should take these things seriously. Age or location restrictions wouldn't work, they are too unfair...but they would be more effective for sure.

Thanks. It may be too late to make any changes to our list, as we sent it

to Mika's team on Tuesday.

For everyone who's going:

I will call our contact person today to find out what instructions for

collecting your ticket or checking in are.

I would say this, though -- if you aren't sure what to do, once you

get to the venue, look for the group of MFCers who are in the queue.

I'm sure they will be easy to spot. Rose will have the MFC flag for one

thing. And I'm sure others will either be wearing MFC buttons or some

other badges that will help you identify them.

DON'T BE SHY! :biggrin2: Just ask if people are from the MFC, if you aren't

sure!

We have almost everyone's mobile number and will either be texting or

phoning with instructions as soon as possible!

Good luck and have fun!

Thanks Deb!!! I will look for the flag :biggrin2:

I think we should play fair indeed. I say that those greedy and selfish people who have grabbed a ticket but fail to show up tomorrow are banned from all competitions in the future. That might prevent others from doing the same.

I think we should play fair indeed. I say that those greedy and selfish people who have grabbed a ticket but fail to show up tomorrow are banned from all competitions in the future. That might prevent others from doing the same.

I think we should also ban those who dare sing out of tune over Mika's voice at gigs or in daily life. :original:

I totaly agree with what you said, except the bolded part. It's a competition, you're not sure to win. Why already buy a train/plane ticket when you don't even know you're going win a gig ticket or not? If you don't win, you have a train/plane ticket you can't use.

Everything else, I totaly agree. I knew I wouldn't be able to go as I'm 13, I live in the Netherlands and my parents absolutely wouldn't let me go. So I didnt sent an email.

I think we should also ban those who dare sing out of tune over Mika's voice at gigs or in daily life. :original:

or place those it annoys next to the speakers :dunno: Don't really see how this can be compared.

I totaly agree with what you said, except the bolded part. It's a competition, you're not sure to win. Why already buy a train/plane ticket when you don't even know you're going win a gig ticket or not? If you don't win, you have a train/plane ticket you can't use.

Everything else, I totaly agree. I knew I wouldn't be able to go as I'm 13, I live in the Netherlands and my parents absolutely wouldn't let me go. So I didnt sent an email.

Yes, you're right, as others have stated, so I should probably rephrase to "limited to those who can guarantee that they will be able to travel" :naughty:. What you did was very sensible, and it speaks volumes about you as a person :thumb_yello:.

or place those it annoys next to the speakers :dunno:Don't really see how this can be compared.

Yes, I don't think that it can be compared either.

Some of us do actually book trains and hotels even though we didn't have tickets .... I booked my travelodge ages ago .... and only won a ticket recently - maybe I was mad .... but I wanted to go to London anyway so took a chance .... glad I did ... cos' If I'd booked that hotel after I'd won, it would have cost me alot more ... the train I booked is now not valid cos' of a bloody strike ... but I booked a coach 3 days ago just in case ... and am now bloody glad I did ... cos I couldn't get to London otherwise ..... things work out sometimes If you actually take a chance on it .... :)

Some of us do actually book trains and hotels even though we didn't have tickets .... I booked my travelodge ages ago .... and only won a ticket recently - maybe I was mad .... but I wanted to go to London anyway so took a chance .... glad I did ... cos' If I'd booked that hotel after I'd won, it would have cost me alot more ... the train I booked is now not valid cos' of a bloody strike ... but I booked a coach 3 days ago just in case ... and am now bloody glad I did ... cos I couldn't get to London otherwise ..... things work out sometimes If you actually take a chance on it .... :)

I hope the coach isn't too gruesome and you get a full refund for the train :thumb_yello: What time are you arriving?

I hope the coach isn't too gruesome and you get a full refund for the train :thumb_yello: What time are you arriving?

lol ... the same time as the train would have got me in ..... 10.20am .... :aah:

Takes bloody 3 hours though - where the train only takes one hour 30 mins :(

Least I can go though .... :wub2:

Am getting excited now .... and am watching WAG far too bloody much .... :blush-anim-cl:

lol ... the same time as the train would have got me in ..... 10.20am .... :aah:

Takes bloody 3 hours though - where the train only takes one hour 30 mins :(

Least I can go though .... :wub2:

Am getting excited now .... and am watching WAG far too bloody much .... :blush-anim-cl:

:biggrin2: WAG :wub2::biggrin2:

:biggrin2: WAG :wub2::biggrin2:

I can't NOT watch it .... It's just :drool: Sorry ... I am over 30 and should be past all this .... but I feel like reliving my teenage years .... and I was a sensible boring teenager anyway .... I can perve over him like the rest of you .... :wub2:

Or should I not say that :blush-anim-cl:

:naughty:

Yeah, that's okay, but you actually live in England! If it was about a Hungarian concert I would do the same and try it! Bus most of us on MFC doesn't live in the UK and to book a plane and accomodation in a foreign country is a different thing than doing this 'from home', if you get what I mean. Like you booked a flight and a hotel to Milan/Budapest/Moscow, coz you might win a ticket.

Anyway guys I'm honestly really happy for you, this Ticket Fairy thing is so awesome.

Ah and someone mentioned above (forgot to multi quote it) banning people who cancelled it too late or didn't cancel it at all. That would be totally fair! I mean like....if you win but the next day you realize you can't go and you give your ticket to someone it's okay, but if you just don't go to the concert (there could be a list and if you are not on it) you should be banned from other contests like that in the future. That's fair and this way people would take things like this more seriously I guess.

(For ex. not going means that even if you are an MFCer and you know you can't go but you give it to a non-MFCer who happens to be a friend of yours, even a Mika fan....that would mean a ban, coz this contest is for MFCers. As far as I know.)

:shocked: Well, I'm out then.

Seriously.

Anyhow, wanted to let everyone know that I had a brief chat with the

Ticket Fairy a little while ago and she said this for those of you she's

given tickets to:

When you go to the Roundhouse tomorrow, go to the Will Call window

at the Box Office.

Give them your name, and tell them you on the "Mika's Winners" guestlist.

That should be all you need to do.

She was flitting around and couldn't speak long -- I'm due to talk to her

later today. If I find anything else out, I'll let you know.

Please spread the word to your fellow gig-goers who were MFC ticket

winners! :thumb_yello:

:shocked: Well, I'm out then.

Seriously.

Anyhow, wanted to let everyone know that I had a brief chat with the

Ticket Fairy a little while ago and she said this for those of you she's

given tickets to:

When you go to the Roundhouse tomorrow, go to the Will Call window

at the Box Office.

Give them your name, and tell them you on the "Mika's Winners" guestlist.

That should be all you need to do.

She was flitting around and couldn't speak long -- I'm due to talk to her

later today. If I find anything else out, I'll let you know.

Please spread the word to your fellow gig-goers who were MFC ticket

winners! :thumb_yello:

Thank you thank you :boing: