The Official "The Boy Who Knew Too Much ERA" Charts & Sales around the world Thread

Showtunes17

I love how he is doing in france :D Soo happy for him.

I saw the interview on Le grand journal and he has many supporters in the studio :shocked:, never seen them react like that to other stars when they're one.

Go France!!! I was there for 2 months during the summer and they have good taste in music!:naughty:

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the UK charts, Mika was top 15, as of Wednesday. So we'll see where exactly he finishes tomorrow, it's a shame he has fell down like that :(

Also look at Muse's sales this week so far...

Friday Top 40 update from MW

Albums

1 Muse 114.5k wow!!!!! huge gap from 2nd place.

2 Vera Lynn 37.2k

3 Peter Andre 35.1k

4 Jay-Z 26.2k

5 David Gray 18.7k

Friday Top 40 update from MW

Albums

1 Muse 114.5k wow!!!!! huge gap from 2nd place.

2 Vera Lynn 37.2k

3 Peter Andre 35.1k

4 Jay-Z 26.2k

5 David Gray 18.7k

I hope most people who wanted to buy it bought it on the week of the release and Mika can make an easy No1 with TBWKTM next week.

European Airplay

1 2 11 - The Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling

2 3 6 - Madonna - Celebration

3 1 17 - David Guetta feat. Kelly Rowland - When Love Takes Over

4 7 9 - Shakira - She Wolf / Loba

5 8 7 - Mika - We Are Golden

6 4 46 - Milow - Ayo Technology

7 10 12 - Lady GaGa Paparazzi

8 9 26 - P!nk - Please Don't Leave Me

9 5 14 - Pitbull - I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)

10 12 13 - Green Day - 21 Guns

http://www.charly1300.com/euroairplay.htm

I predict TBWKTM a top 3 debut at least!!

Optimistically I would say Top 5. I don't think it's done well enough on advance sales to go any higher, plus WAG hasn't been a strong enough single to get people interested in Mika again.

Optimistically I would say Top 5. I don't think it's done well enough on advance sales to go any higher, plus WAG hasn't been a strong enough single to get people interested in Mika again.

Madonnas albums out next week too, so not looking good for #1:sneaky2:

Not great for first week of physical release!:shocked:

2nd weeks sales!! :aah:

Top 5 is still good, i think Mika will do better on Album sales. I hope he chooses the right tracks from the album. Blame it on the girls is a good song but Rain would have been a stronger 2nd single. Also Blue eyes is awesome has to be released also. :naughty:

2nd weeks sales!! :aah:

Top 5 is still good, i think Mika will do better on Album sales. I hope he chooses the right tracks from the album. Blame it on the girls is a good song but Rain would have been a stronger 2nd single. Also Blue eyes is awesome has to be released also. :naughty:

Yes, I think Rain is a much stronger track than BIOTG. But record companies move in mysterious ways :mf_rosetinted:

I don't think Blue Eyes would make a single, much as I like it :no:

Yes, I think Rain is a much stronger track than BIOTG. But record companies move in mysterious ways :mf_rosetinted:

11 is very disappointing- I thought it had a chance of 7 or 8. I really hope the album does well- but I think Rain as lead single would give it a better chance. Mind, 3rd singles often are the strong ones. I really hope the Boy stays in the charts as long as LICM- over a year- but I'd be very disappointed if it doesn't do as well. And surprised, as it seems so far to be a better album EXCEPT I'm not sure it's got anything as original and resonant as GK

I guess it depends on who you're trying to appeal to. I think BIOTG has

more of a chance in the US than WAG or Rain, really. (I love all 3, but I'm

just speaking as an American who hears what gets more radio play here. :wink2: )

Blue Eyes is a fabulous song, and I think it could be a single, but I have

a feeling it won't be released that way... I'm really waiting for Touches You

(and then maybe we'll get to hear what it's really about!) :biggrin2:

BTW, WAG was #4 on the downloads chart, even though it was only

#11 in the singles chart. Just trying to be a bit Pollyanna about it. :thumb_yello:

I am really disappointed WAG only peaked at #4 here and has slipped to #11 this week. :blink: However with hindsight, I'm not altogether surprised.

I can't help thinking that they got the timing all wrong with it. Firstly I think they started to promote it too early..it was played on radio here a full 7 weeks before release. That gives people an awful long time to get sick of hearing it, even before the release! I know singles have to be released to fit in with the album release but..I dunno :dunno:

Or perhaps it just wasn't strong enough (although it has grown a lot on me, I still wouldn't put it in my top 10 favourite Mika songs).

In any case, I do feel sure the album will do very well. I think it'll be a major achievment if TBWKTM manages to outsell the Muse, Madonna and even Pearl Jam albums in time for next week's chart, but I'm optimistic. :biggrin2: