The Official "The Boy Who Knew Too Much ERA" Charts & Sales around the world Thread

Showtunes17

TBWKTM has sold 202,000 units so far worldwide.

That is in two weeks.:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

That sounds pretty good & is a healthy start isn't it??

That's great, and when he releases more singles and does his tours, that total should increase by leaps and bounds!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, it is very interesting. Where can we see how many cd´s are sold?

This is where I go for actual numbers.

I have been visiting there for two years & they appear to be pretty accurate.

http://www.worldwidealbums.net/

I click on the "Total By Artist" on the left side then scroll down to Mika.

Mika is listed twice - one for each album.

That's great, and when he releases more singles and does his tours, that total should increase by leaps and bounds!

I think you are so right Marilyn.:thumb_yello:

I am sure sales pick up incredibly when Mika is in each city doing press & the concerts themselves.

As long as it doesn't snow... :glasses2:

I've got it: Blame it On The Rain! New single from MIKA, available in every country in the Known World. Sometime soon, not sure when.

Seriously though..Double A-side single would maybe solve this dilemma.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaghhhhhhhhhhhh Rain, or not Rain????? That is the question.

:hair:

As long as it doesn't snow... :glasses2:

I've got it: Blame it On The Rain! New single from MIKA, available in every country in the Known World. Sometime soon, not sure when.

Not fair :roftl::roftl: Gatagordinha & suzie - it 6:19 a.m. here - I am on first sips of coffee let alone my first cup & now thanks to you two a mouthful is in my lap & on my computer desk. :shocked:

do CDs and downloads have "sides" :blink:

:teehee:

Blame it on the RAIN RAIN RAIN! IT RAIN RAIN RAINS!

Not fair :roftl::roftl: Gatagordinha & suzie - it 6:19 a.m. here - I am on first sips of coffee let alone my first cup & now thanks to you two a mouthful is in my lap & on my computer desk. :shocked:

Me too. :roftl:

Well not physically of course, but yes they can and do bundle songs in any configuration they want. Although they're likely to throw in a few remixes or acoustic tracks and call it a maxi single or an EP.

Me too. :roftl:

Well not physically of course, but yes they can and do bundle songs in any configuration they want. Although they're likely to throw in a few remixes or acoustic tracks and call it a maxi single or an EP.

Relax and Lollipop were released as a double A-side around New Year '07-'08, I am pretty sure it was referred to as a double A-side anyway :blink:. My memory may fail me on that :naughty:. Anyway there was that great animated video for Lollipop, which hardly got shown on TV here at all, and the DVD-clip based video for Relax, which was shown only marginally more often. Neither track was really promoted at all though, it was more like an advert for the Live In Cartoon Motion DVD.

IF BIOTG and Rain were released as a double A-side there would have to be a definite decision which was was to be promoted more strongly and with the album still quite new it might be a disaster, I think. It's like saying neither track is good enough to be a 'proper' single in its own right, which IMO isn't the case, even though I much prefer Rain.

So my double A-side suggestion wasn't so good after all :naughty: To be honest I wasn't entirely serious. I was just clutching at straws trying to get to the bottom of this mystery over the Second Single.

Blame it on the girls, whatever it is,

Blame it on the boys who hate dayys like this

Blame it on yer mum, whose caught in a trap,

Blame it on yer dad, who can't look back (*spoken*cause he's dead)

etc.

The sales so far this week on the UK album midweeks chart..

Thursday update

Albums

1 Barbra Striesand 16k

2 Madonna 13.9k

3 Paramore 10.8k

4 Mumford & Sons 10.2k

5 Muse 9.7k

The sales are soooo low, it makes me wanna play the what if game. :roftl: What if Mika released his album this week, would have been No.1. :aah:

It just proves that the official release week of TBWKTM had alot more competition.

He gets the 2nd single choice perfect, i can't wait to see what Rain will now do to the album sales. I love BIOTG but i feel people would see it too similar to WAG...

I'm confused - if 'Rain' is the 2nd single why did we see a vid for 'BIOTG' on TV last week? Wasn't 'BIOTG' confirmed as the 2nd single a few months ago? :blink: