The Official "The Boy Who Knew Too Much ERA" Charts & Sales around the world Thread

Showtunes17

Americans like Americans in their charts and it makes a lot more sense to me to emphasize the fact that he's American than that he was born in the Middle East :dunno:

I totally forget that most people probably don't even know that he is partly American. I guess, like Mika himself, I don't consider him to be ANY single nationality, so I don't even think about how that affects charting.

:emot-sad:

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this sounds a bit strange... I know people in France like him a lot, but 200 000 in France alone (+ 30 000 in Korea) vs 524 000 worlwide ??? :blink:

Anyway, here in France he's N°5 with Rain, and TBWKTM is starting to be properly marketed : top shelf and Christmas selection at La Fnac, ( which is our equivalent for HMV.)

But some french radios and televisions are still reluctant to play Rain...

I noticed something weird this morning : Rain is N°3 of the Virgin radio hitlist, while it's not even in the playlist of Virgin 17, the TV channel of the same network !!! Sometimes, i just don't understand how they work !! :shocked:

Anyway, over here MIka IS selling, despite their best efforts !!! :wink2:

Next april's Paris gig ( over 15 000 seats arena) is already sold out !!!:thumb_yello:

In this article, they say TBWKTM is double platinum..

http://www.nrj.fr/music-509/news-music-524/article/235027-ecoutez-rain-le-nouveau-single-de-mika-.html

Dunno if they mean it for France only ( which would mean something like 200 000 copies sold over here, i think...)

Yeah, I saw that ! that's a very good news ! :thumb_yello:

Yay so happy too! And if I'm not mistaken, it was double platinum at the end of October, so it's probably much more than 200 000 sold in France by now :thumb_yello:

Probably, and with the Christmas gifts...

But he lost 2 positions again las week...

Just for the record... He's currently No7 with "Rain" in Serbia :biggrin2::thumb_yello:

Yeah ! Good news ! :thumb_yello:

TBWKTM has sold 524,500 to date according to World Wide Albums!

Indeed, it's not a lot :blink:

But not catastrophic neither. He will reach a million in several months and it's stil very good nowadays in the disc industry.

this sounds a bit strange... I know people in France like him a lot, but 200 000 in France alone (+ 30 000 in Korea) vs 524 000 worlwide ??? :blink:

Anyway, here in France he's N°5 with Rain, and TBWKTM is starting to be properly marketed : top shelf and Christmas selection at La Fnac, ( which is our equivalent for HMV.)

I noticed something weird this morning : Rain is N°3 of the Virgin radio hitlist, while it's not even in the playlist of Virgin 17, the TV channel of the same network !!! Sometimes, i just don't understand how they work !! :shocked:

Next april's Paris gig ( over 15 000 seats arena) is already sold out !!!:thumb_yello:

Well, It's unbelievable the part of his sellings in France compared to the rest of the world :shocked:

But I'm quite proud of us ! France hasn't let him down ! :blush-anim-cl:

But more and more radio are playing him I think. It's coming finally and they play Rain and often tell some very nice comments about it !

For the Virgin Radio hitlist, people have to vote on their website and it's not the same than the tv channel...

And sorry, but Berçy isn't sold out. Maybe the seat section is, but not the standing arrea. A friend of mine just bought her tickets yesterday. I think the Fnac hasn't tickets anymore, but the other oner, Ticketnet still has. And in France, only Toulouse is nearly sold out...

the sales in France are really impressive!!!

and the Bercy gig is already sold out!!

This week I am celebrating the 524,500 albums sold to date!

I am celebrating Mika's Double Platinum & Platinum Records in France & South Korea!

I am celebrating not only Mika's glowing reviews for his live shows but the ecstatic reaction & reports from Mika's Fans!

If that isn't enough Mika's appearance at Australian Idol was magnificent!

More Importantly: MIKA is going to be on center stage for a long time to come!

This week I am celebrating the 524,500 albums sold to date!

I am celebrating Mika's Double Platinum & Platinum Records in France & South Korea!

I am celebrating not only Mika's glowing reviews for his live shows but the ecstatic reaction & reports from Mika's Fans!

If that isn't enough Mika's appearance at Australian Idol was magnificent!

More Importantly: MIKA is going to be on center stage for a long time to come!

That's for sure! :thumb_yello:

I've just been to the best known music CD shop in Belgrade and they HAVE TBWKTM. :thumb_yello:

I went there for the last time about 2 weeks ago and they told me they had sold all the copies they had. Now there were three copies in the shop and one in the shop-window. And of course, that huuuge poster is still hung on the door of the shop :teehee:

I'll buy a copy tomorrow. :thumb_yello:

Also, latest update - Mika is at No 5 with "Rain" in Serbia/Adriatic area. :biggrin2:

i found it on the french wikipedia page : http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disque_d%27or

They make the distinction between local artists singing in french or dutch ( excuse me if the term is incorrect, in french we say "wallons et flamands" )

These artists go platinum with 30 000 copies sold

And international artists or local artists singing in a foreign language go platinum with 40 000.

I don't exactly know why but that's what they say... Now, it's the french Wiki page, take it for what it's worth :teehee:

i found it on the french wikipedia page : http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disque_d%27or

They make the distinction between local artists singing in french or dutch ( excuse me if the term is incorrect, in french we say "wallons et flamands" )

These artists go platinum with 30 000 copies sold

And international artists or local artists singing in a foreign language go platinum with 40 000.

I don't exactly know why but that's what they say... Now, it's the french Wiki page, take it for what it's worth :teehee:

That's great news. Welcome to the MFC by the way!