The Official "The Boy Who Knew Too Much ERA" Charts & Sales around the world Thread

Showtunes17

i agree :thumb_yello:

anyway.. i`m sooooooooo disappointed with all..

Mika.. he really let me down.. i expected so much more, and.. well.. this is it!

three singles, WAG at least was played regulary on the radio, but BIOTG and Rain.. :boxed: auch.. nothing, both failed... not even played on MTV or Muchmusic here...

sorry Mika.. but you really pissed this off...

he has to re-release the album with a hit because this is looking reallllllllly bad..

I am not disappointed WITH Mika! I'm disapointed FOR Mika! He has worked really hard and he DID produce a wonderful 2nd album! WAG was a hit! It got to number 4. A big problem these days is that X Factor rules too much. The last quarter of the year is taken up with all the X FActor people releasing their albumns/singles and not giving anyone else a chance.

Also, Mika doesn't suck up to the establishment to get his albums/singles to number one. At the moment, that means he's overlooked and underplayed, but I wouldn't rule Mika out yet! He has many strings to his bow and I think he WILL prevail... on his own terms though, which is the best way in the end.

If Mika had been psychic he might have not released Rain as a 2nd single as it is a very hard song to sing live. If his nerves or his voice are below par, he doesn't get the high bits right. But Mika isn't psychic. He's a human being like the rest of us.

There are many great songs on the album. We'll just have to see what the New Year will bring, and he has the song that Boyzone are releasing. Everyone knows he wrote it and I think that will be a great hit!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree with Marylin Mastin ! :thumb_yello:

Also to be fair he hasnt toured the album here ......he need to get out there and perform it

yes, you're right. He hasn't toured in Europe. And the little private shows (that us, fans love soooo much ) aren't the best to promote TBWKTM to the large public.

With LICM, he made 2 gigs in Paris between march and June. And he did many festivals during the summer, so people could discover the album live. And we all know how great Mika is on stage :wub2:

So even if the reviews are good, I think the sellings will grow even more in 2010 with the tour and the summer festivals.

But we also have to deal with the crisis of the CD Market. Not really in UK because many CDs are still sold here, but in France, it's very huge :blink:

When you take 2007 with LICM which was the album the most sold in France with more than 1 million copies. This year, the album the most sold reached 450 000... The difference is soooo huge.

So the 200 000 copies of TBWKT on 3 months, I say well done Mister Mika ! :thumb_yello:

(just to compare, Muse whose album was released at the same time and considered as a big success in France (they make 2 Stade de France) was sold at 350 000 copies ! )

And Laura, come to France !!!!

I totally agree with Marylin Mastin ! :thumb_yello:

yes, you're right. He hasn't toured in Europe. And the little private shows (that us, fans love soooo much ) aren't the best to promote TBWKTM to the large public.

With LICM, he made 2 gigs in Paris between march and June. And he did many festivals during the summer, so people could discover the album live. And we all know how great Mika is on stage :wub2:

So even if the reviews are good, I think the sellings will grow even more in 2010 with the tour and the summer festivals.

But we also have to deal with the crisis of the CD Market. Not really in UK because many CDs are still sold here, but in France, it's very huge :blink:

When you take 2007 with LICM which was the album the most sold in France with more than 1 million copies. This year, the album the most sold reached 450 000... The difference is soooo huge.

So the 200 000 copies of TBWKT on 3 months, I say well done Mister Mika ! :thumb_yello:

(just to compare, Muse whose album was released at the same time and considered as a big success in France (they make 2 Stade de France) was sold at 350 000 copies ! )

And Laura, come to France !!!!

Yes I agree , its the climate also that has to be taken into consideration .. this year has been a recession , that doesnt help anything .. some people cant afford to pay their bills never mind go to a concert:blink:

Most albums are backed up by a tour , he still has to do that .. Im just pleased he survived the 2nd album!!! many dont ... :thumb_yello:

Yes I agree , its the climate also that has to be taken into consideration .. this year has been a recession , that doesnt help anything .. some people cant afford to pay their bills never mind go to a concert:blink:

Most albums are backed up by a tour , he still has to do that .. Im just pleased he survived the 2nd album!!! many dont ... :thumb_yello:

Totally ! And he survived with a great album that reviews really love ! :thumb_yello::wub2:

the atmosphere in this thread always goes up and down in a second:roftl:

yup, let's juz wait till his European Tour in 2010!!!!!!!!!:thumb_yello:

Yeah I know, it's like reading a thriller!:naughty:

And to make it worse...I don't understand much, how bad is it? Really bad, just a little bad or is it that we hard core fans have unrealistic expectations for him?:blink:

Btw, I was watching VH1, and they were showing the top 10 worst video's of 2009, and Rain was #3:boxed:

:shocked::shocked::shocked:

That's because they don't even play BIOTG:mf_rosetinted:

:naughty:

Ok, sorry for this cruel joke...:teehee:... I honestly don't understand it...

Rain is a good video, especially compared to some previous Mika videos .:dunno:

Hey, now, it's not Mika's fault. The songs are great. It's the radio stations that aren't circulating the songs around enough.

i don`t know..

it`s what i feel...

and even thought, the songs are good.. the one that it`s not doing promo is Mika...

i remembered that in 2007.. GK, LT and BG were everywhere... here and in the rest of the world.. and now.. LICM in the top 20 for around 4/5 months..

TBWKTM.. :sad: it`s really sad

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ... you are joking right ... there is nothing wrong with the album ... maybe you have too high expectations .... comments like this really really do piss me off big time - if country's don't/won't play him ... I doubt somehow a re-release with another song on it would make much difference to be honest ... some people just have to accept sales are what they are - and it's nothing to do with Mika .... I'm disappointed for him too - especially for the UK sales ... but I don't blame him ... it is what it is :(

i`m not joking

the album is ok.. thats the problem.. all of the songs are good..

yes, i had high expectations.. but not way too high! i expected to be in sales as good as LICM... and well.. it didn`t happen

i doubt too that if he re-release the album he`ll have better sales...

the problem is that it`s all about mika.. it`s mika album, mika`s vision on there... and yes, he worked hard.. i was in the MFC every single day during that process.. i was really excited about the new album! i still like the album!

perhaps the problem is this.. i can listen LICM over and over again and not get tired.. but with TBWKTM it`s the opposite.. i got tired of the album quickly :boxed:

Hmmm I think you have to see that this is his 2ND album ... most artists dont make i big until 3rd album (or later) , the 3rd album is the important one:thumb_yello:

His first album was a massive success , his 2nd IS amazing and got fantastic reviews across the board with people that matter

So many artists out there just drifted along then BOOM the 3rd. 4th .5th album made them into super stardom .. Robbie williams needed angels (he was rock bottom) , U2 needed Joshua Tree , Bon Jovi etc etc etc .. .not all artists album after album is massive you know?

Also the world climate sucks , we are in a recession .. this affects everything from album sales to concerts

i know we are in recession, but why other artist sell really really well and Mika doesn`t?

blame Mika, the artwork, the promotion, the recession, whatever..

he did something wrong in this album.. i don`t know exactly what it is..

maybe in his thrid album he`ll do it better

and about the touring thing.. not agree at all...

he never came here and LICM was a major success.. GK, LT, BG and Relax were number 1.. at least here there`s nothing to do with that.

I am not disappointed WITH Mika! I'm disapointed FOR Mika! He has worked really hard and he DID produce a wonderful 2nd album! WAG was a hit! It got to number 4. A big problem these days is that X Factor rules too much. The last quarter of the year is taken up with all the X FActor people releasing their albumns/singles and not giving anyone else a chance.

Also, Mika doesn't suck up to the establishment to get his albums/singles to number one. At the moment, that means he's overlooked and underplayed, but I wouldn't rule Mika out yet! He has many strings to his bow and I think he WILL prevail... on his own terms though, which is the best way in the end.

If Mika had been psychic he might have not released Rain as a 2nd single as it is a very hard song to sing live. If his nerves or his voice are below par, he doesn't get the high bits right. But Mika isn't psychic. He's a human being like the rest of us.

There are many great songs on the album. We'll just have to see what the New Year will bring, and he has the song that Boyzone are releasing. Everyone knows he wrote it and I think that will be a great hit!

he worked hard, it`s a good album.. but as good as LICM? according to sales... no.

it`s sad...

do you mean for all the Susan Boyle stuff right?

it was a complicated year.. Michael Jackson, Lady Gaga and Susan Boyle ruled the charts...

three amazing artists, MJ a legend, the fame monster is ****ing amazing, great concept, a lot of promo, arena performances in theathers and small venues... she did it well.

and Susan Boyle has talent and for her first album it`s amazing :thumb_yello:

about the boyzone thing.. i hope so too :)

I don't understand much, how bad is it? Really bad, just a little bad or is it that we hard core fans have unrealistic expectations for him?:blink:

I honestly thought it would do better than LICM as it is a more mainstream album. :dunno: But it hasn't done bad.. So far it has done just as good as Shakira's new one that was released at the same time I think...

The Artic Monkey also have similar sales with their new one. The difference is that their sales come mainly from the UK, whilst Mika's sales come from all parts of the world. So promoting the Arctic Monkeys is pretty easy, really. OR I can turn it around and say, promoting the AMs is pretty efficient.

I think the recession argument is definitely a valid point here. In general fewer records are bought and I guess if you are short of money you only buy an album if you think the music will stand the test of time - otherwise you just download it free of charge... so in that interpretation, that is not good news, either.

However, I think the problem here is that the new songs have not really been picked up by tv and radio....(and here you can insert the arguments about the choice of singles... ) .

Besides, I guess it would have helped if the acoustic tour had actually supported the album and not the EP .... That did not make sense commercially. (although we all know Mika is not bothered about making sense commercially :teehee: )

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

@ Rain being 3rd worst...

that's hilarious because in canada WAG is number one best and we all know, rain PWNs WAG. :blink:

I personally think Rain is his best video so far!

It looks the less cheapest, it has the best effects and stuff, and it also just looks the best in general IMO.

I don't like the Rain vid at all-I wince every time I see it, though I love the song

I suppose the surprise is not that the masses don't like an offbeat album like BoyWho but that so many people mistook LICM for brainless pop

I think he's worked hard to promote the album though- he's doing all the reality TV stuff he was a bit snobbish about earlier, and interviews and stuff. Britain will be pissed off that he toured America with it first. It's not an attractive national quality, but I'm pretty sure that's the sort of thing the UK resents in a UK artist.

Btw, I was watching VH1, and they were showing the top 10 worst video's of 2009, and Rain was #3:boxed:

:sneaky2: *hates VH1 now* :sneaky2:

who chose the videos, the vh1 editors? or was there a voting? :blink:

i love the video more than the song! :wub2:

i like rain as a song, but it has nothing special for me... same as relax, though i quite like the live version of that. rain is not one of my fave songs on the album. looks like mika's and my tastes on that album differ quite a lot, he names rain, biotg, toy boy and blue eyes as his faves... and all of those except biotg rank more towards the bottom of my faves list. especially blue eyes, it's my 2nd least fave song on the album (after by the time), and i hope he doesn't plan to release that as a single. :boxed: think he might though, as on the german cd-case there's a sticker saying that the cd includes wag, rain, biotg and blue eyes - maybe those are the planned singles... :blink:

btw, marlau, you can't blame mika for not doing enough promotion, HE is definitely working his a** off! the record company is responsible for the promotion, and at least for germany i can say that they could've done much more, even without mika having to do more interviews etc.!

I honestly thought it would do better than LICM as it is a more mainstream album. :dunno: But it hasn't done bad.. So far it has done just as good as Shakira's new one that was released at the same time I think...

The Artic Monkey also have similar sales with their new one. The difference is that their sales come mainly from the UK, whilst Mika's sales come from all parts of the world. So promoting the Arctic Monkeys is pretty easy, really. OR I can turn it around and say, promoting the AMs is pretty efficient.

Thank you for putting it in a perspective!:thumb_yello:

I don't like the Rain vid at all-I wince every time I see it, though I love the song

I suppose the surprise is not that the masses don't like an offbeat album like BoyWho but that so many people mistook LICM for brainless pop

I think he's worked hard to promote the album though- he's doing all the reality TV stuff he was a bit snobbish about earlier, and interviews and stuff. Britain will be pissed off that he toured America with it first. It's not an attractive national quality, but I'm pretty sure that's the sort of thing the UK resents in a UK artist.

Interesting. Do you really think it has an affect on the sales in UK?

But... haven't we been told it isn't his decision? Shouldn't his home nation be happy that he even has the popularity to have a tour in the US? That's really selfish... :blink:

But... haven't we been told it isn't his decision? Shouldn't his home nation be happy that he even has the popularity to have a tour in the US? That's really selfish... :blink:

So what, it's true- Britain expects British artists to tour the UK first, we're very quick to feel rejected. I don't mean the MFC or his fans- I mean the public generally- the ones who aren't buying his records

So what, it's true- Britain expects British artists to tour the UK first, we're very quick to feel rejected. I don't mean the MFC or his fans- I mean the public generally- the ones who aren't buying his records

Hmmm... well, maybe since canadian artists don't get as much attention as british do, we are very "quick spread you wings and fly." not caring where they tour. :bleh: