Mika - Blackpool Sept 5th 09 - RSVP list

FREDDIESDOUBLE

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fred lovely, you put Kiss me kick! lo....should be QUICK! in the titley bit ..glad you liked my vision of M on a donkey with a Kiss Me Quick hat on..nothingelse just the hat! lol

On Thursday Terry Wogan announced that Daniel Merriweather will join Mika, Pixie Lott and Newton Faulkner on the bill at the concert at Blackpool's Empress Ballroom on Saturday 5 September, from 2000-2200. Details of the final act will be announced in Chris Evans on Friday.x

Edited by daisylou

You can select the country and everything....are you sure it's UK only?

No, it's COUNTY, not COUNTRY.

If you look you'll see it's the counties of the UK, like Berkshire, Oxfordshire, etc.

It's UK only I'm afraid. Sorry.:sorry:

Like that makes a difference on here Rose :roftl:...didn't stop anyone from other countries all complaining at the ITUNES gig and that was SUPPOSE to be UK only..they complain and get in ..I wonder if the same would happen in a specific country only competition in Spain and France etc for us??? :mf_rosetinted:

Don't all set upon me I don't wanna fight!! I don't REALLY care who goes at all (HONESTLY!)

...but just a question:- Why does this only seem to happen in the UK that everyone (from everywhere) wants to go? Is it wrong to have UK only people competitions and not be classed as being bigots?

xx

Like that makes a difference on here Rose :roftl:...didn't stop anyone from other countries all complaining at the ITUNES gig and that was SUPPOSE to be UK only..they complain and get in ..I wonder if the same would happen in a specific country only competition in Spain and France etc for us??? :mf_rosetinted:

Don't all set upon me I don't wanna fight!! I don't REALLY care who goes at all (HONESTLY!)

...but just a question:- Why does this only seem to happen in the UK that everyone (from everywhere) wants to go? Is it wrong to have UK only people competitions and not be classed as being bigots?

xx

i hate it as everyone thinks.... oh your from london, you get to see mika all the time :blink: i think your right dasiy. :thumb_yello:

xx

The thing with this, is that I'm not sure everyone is getting the fact that it's NOT a Mika gig per se.

It's a Radio 2 music night, that he just happens to be performing at, with 4 other artists.

We don't even know in which order they'll be performing in either. So if he's on first, and has to go straight away, they'll be no meeting him after, unless you leave after his perfomance, which to my mind would be rude to the other artists.

So I don't see why everyone is getting upset over a 4/5 song performance, that we might not win tickets for anyway!

I would love to go, don't get me wrong, but I won't be broken up about it if I don't.

I'd be more upset about him doing a secret gig on the days I'm at Bestival!

xx

:blink:

Don't get your 'logic'. The 'tickets' Mikasounds and MFC offered were not exclusively for UK residents. The tickets i-tunes was offering might have been, but artists performing were allocated a number of tickets to give away to fans and it was their choice to apply any restrictions. Team Mika didn't..

What's your problem? :blink:

As for this Raido2 gig in Blackpool, it is sponsored by the BBC, in other words, taxpayers' money, so I fully understand it is for UK only, otherwise Miss Taxpayer would be annoyed. :naughty:

However, on the odd chance of Team Mika also offering the chance for a certain number of MFCers to attend, I don't think anyone abroad should feel guilty when applying for it. I wouldn't for this one, but I don't see why anyone shouldn't. :wink2:

:blink:

Don't get your 'logic'. The 'tickets' Mikasounds and MFC offered were not exclusively for UK residents. The tickets i-tunes was offering might have been, but artists performing were allocated a number of tickets to give away to fans and it was their choice to apply any restrictions. Team Mika didn't..

What's your problem? :blink:

As for this Raido2 gig in Blackpool, it is sponsored by the BBC, in other words, taxpayers' money, so I fully understand it is for UK only, otherwise Miss Taxpayer would be annoyed. :naughty:

However, on the odd chance of Team Mika also offering the chance for a certain number of MFCers to attend, I don't think anyone abroad should feel guilty when applying for it. I wouldn't for this one, but I don't see why anyone shouldn't. :wink2:

Not likely to happen, as it's a Radio 2 show, the only spare tickets would go to people connected to the station.

The acts may get tickets for family or record company employees, but fans wouldn't get a look in on this one.

And just for the record, when similar competitions happen in other countries, and UK residents can't enter. I can't say I've noticed this begging for tickets from this end. We accept that tickets are allocated to only residents to that country.

I know we all want to go to every single show he does ( and he certainly wants us to go, it seems), but sometimes we are going to be disappointed. So why does this happen when a UK only competition is announced?

Sorry, don't want to put anyones back up, or nose out of joint, just want a bit of balance.

And just for the record, when similar competitions happen in other countries, and UK residents can't enter. I can't say I've noticed this begging for tickets from this end. We accept that tickets are allocated to only residents to that country.

oh, so were people from abroad begging for tickets for the Blackpool show:blink: sorry, I did not notice that - I was not reading the other thread.

But I think people in the UK might accept that people in far away coutries who rarely travel would also first go to a country they speak the language of and what they love most... . I mean, I'd take it as a compliment and not as annoyance. :wink2:(No wonder why your tourism industry is still in boom..)

I only replied to Daisylou's comment as this was the second time I saw this complaint: there were also some unfriendly remarks on foreign fans on the i-tunes thread as well.... :sneaky2:

I don't take this personally because that attitude was not representitive of most MFCers' way of thinking but I thought I take a note on this now as it was the second time this came up...:wink2:

Whether anyone listens is up to them.

oh, so were people from abroad begging for tickets for the Blackpool show:blink: sorry, I did not notice that - I was not reading the other thread.

But I think people in the UK might accept that people in far away coutries who rarely travel would also first go to a country they speak the language of and what they love most... . I mean, I'd take it as a compliment and not as annoyance. :wink2:(No wonder why your tourism industry is still in boom..)

I only replied to Daisylou's comment as this was the second time I saw this complaint: there were also some unfriendly remarks on foreign fans on the i-tunes thread as well.... :sneaky2:

I don't take this personally because that attitude was not representitive of most MFCers' way of thinking but I thought I take a note on this now as it was the second time this came up...:wink2:

Whether anyone listens is up to them.

I accept, it is frustrating for those (like Lena for instance) who haven't had/been to a gig yet, to see competitions like this, and they can't enter, I know I'd probably be the same. But those who have had the chance to see him live already, and complain that this is a UK only competition frustrate me a little, because I've not complained when it's been the other way round, as I know there is no point, due to the limited amount of tickets available.

And, like I said before, there's no guarantee any UK MFCers will win either, as these kind of competitions are notoriously hard to win. I suspect it'll be down to postal codes, and the proximity to Blackpool, that'll will be the decider. They say random, but they say that for the R1 Big Weekend allocations too, and that's usually the locals that get first pick.

I accept, it is frustrating for those (like Lena for instance) who haven't had/been to a gig yet, to see competitions like this, and they can't enter, I know I'd probably be the same. But those who have had the chance to see him live already, and complain that this is a UK only competition frustrate me a little, because I've not complained when it's been the other way round

You are absolutely right...:wink2:

I did not read those complaints but everyone has to accept the rules that go with such competitions and there no need to be frustrated over something that was organised by a third party and is clearly for UK residents only.

Every forth copy of LICM was sold in the UK, so there is a reason why there is such high demand on him in his homeland.

(If and when he becomes famous in the US, though, we might feel a bit neglected, too, on this side of the Atlantic :emot-sad: ... ..but I must add I really wish him success there, too)

:lmfao: well I don't think it's all down to Mika. I would thank the £ v the Euro and $ for that. :naughty: