Mika - Blackpool Sept 5th 09 - RSVP list

FREDDIESDOUBLE

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But I thought you weren't going, or did you apply for tickets anyway?

No I applyed for tickets cos' I hoped I could swing something with work ... but our supervisor is in Turkey for the next three weeks and I'm in charge of Oven Fresh ... so doubt I can change the rota at the last minute .... though they are normally quite good about things like that ... and well if I won a competition I'm sure they'd change my days off which is all it would have needed .... but I haven't got an email so ... it's mute :aah:

Thankssssssssss :biggrin2:

Yes ... ... mmmm lets hope some more turn up in some way or form

<U2 in Glasggow rocked .. you lot are insane!! :naughty:>

I am glad you got out alive...or even at all:naughty: When I saw Bruce Springsteen in July at Hampden it was a nighmare (transport) I am seeing Coldplay there in Sept and dreading it already:shocked:.

Glad it was brilliant....U2 have just been on the radio actually.

SO......................BLACKPOOL.....................WAHOOOOO!!!!!!:biggrin2:

I am glad you got out alive...or even at all:naughty: When I saw Bruce Springsteen in July at Hampden it was a nighmare (transport) I am seeing Coldplay there in Sept and dreading it already:shocked:.

Glad it was brilliant....U2 have just been on the radio actually.

SO......................BLACKPOOL.....................WAHOOOOO!!!!!!:biggrin2:

I'm going to see Coldplay in September :wub2: Though I'm going to Wembley .... :thumb_yello:

HELP!! I am gonna be travelling on my own and when I get to Blackpool I will end uup stuck out on a limb on my own again, WHERE IS EVERYONE ELSE BOOKED UP? and where the hell is this gig whats the addy so I can find a place as close as poss PLEASE I cba to trawl the whole thread and then find that infor aint here. :wink2:n *flutter flutter*

HELP!! I am gonna be travelling on my own and when I get to Blackpool I will end uup stuck out on a limb on my own again, WHERE IS EVERYONE ELSE BOOKED UP? and where the hell is this gig whats the addy so I can find a place as close as poss PLEASE I cba to trawl the whole thread and then find that infor aint here. :wink2:n *flutter flutter*

Checked out the Winter Gardens where the Empress ballroom is, it's on Albert Street btw, adjacent to Church Street and Coronation Street (I kid you not!:naughty:).

There's a few B&B's around there, but I'd get in there quick, not sure of availability!

I'm not sure how many people are actually staying, I know Marilyn is, she's staying at The Pheonix I think. Have you spoken to Daisy? I'm fairly sure she is staying over too.

Checked out the Winter Gardens where the Empress ballroom is, it's on Albert Street btw, adjacent to Church Street and Coronation Street (I kid you not!:naughty:).

There's a few B&B's around there, but I'd get in there quick, not sure of availability!

aww thanks Rose :wub2: I'm onto it now.

Tickets have been posted today (well yesterday really as it's late!!) and I had a sudden worry about them going astray so they've gone recorded delivery. I know it's a pain having to sign for them but there's plenty of time to pick them up if you're out when they come.

Better then not getting them at all!!!!!! :shocked:

What a lovely surprise - I came back from my holidays yesterday, checked my e-mails late last night and I had won. Yippee.

And, judging by the list, there will be plenty of familiar faces there. A Saturday too, and so close to home. I'm very happy :biggrin2::biggrin2:

Like that makes a difference on here Rose :roftl:...didn't stop anyone from other countries all complaining at the ITUNES gig and that was SUPPOSE to be UK only..they complain and get in ..I wonder if the same would happen in a specific country only competition in Spain and France etc for us??? :mf_rosetinted:

Don't all set upon me I don't wanna fight!! I don't REALLY care who goes at all (HONESTLY!)

...but just a question:- Why does this only seem to happen in the UK that everyone (from everywhere) wants to go? Is it wrong to have UK only people competitions and not be classed as being bigots?

xx

The thing with this, is that I'm not sure everyone is getting the fact that it's NOT a Mika gig per se.

It's a Radio 2 music night, that he just happens to be performing at, with 4 other artists.

We don't even know in which order they'll be performing in either. So if he's on first, and has to go straight away, they'll be no meeting him after, unless you leave after his perfomance, which to my mind would be rude to the other artists.

So I don't see why everyone is getting upset over a 4/5 song performance, that we might not win tickets for anyway!

I would love to go, don't get me wrong, but I won't be broken up about it if I don't.

I'd be more upset about him doing a secret gig on the days I'm at Bestival!

I don't know whether this is the place to put in my two penn'orth about this issue. It really is tricky isn't it? On one hand people may feel that when they have travelled a very long way to see Mika they 'deserve' more etc. On the other hand, people who live close by can feel swamped by non-locals parachuting in and getting opportunities by perhaps being more familiar faces in the crowd.

I hope everyone who wants tickets manages to go.