Runnin' out of breath, chasin' down a big parade..Uh huh. Raisin' up my hand, thought I'd beg the marching band to play..For me. All of these illusions, they really mean world to me, meeee..

LOVE THIS SONG!:aah::wub2:

Sometimes I think MIKA wrote this especially for me. Are there any MIKA songs that you identify with the most, and why?:biggrin2:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gorgeous (fobidden) song... I love it so bad too... :wub2:

For the 2817337560456047356034th time, it's NOT forbidden.:aah:

It was a bonustrack on the Japanese version of LICM.

Oh, and isn't there already a thread about this song?:blink:

You are right, we've had many threads on this song already, since it came out on the Japanese version of LICM. But each one has a different take, a different twist, just like every thread we start!:wink2:

Runnin' out of breath, chasin' down a big parade..Uh huh. Raisin' up my hand, thought I'd beg the marching band to play..For me. All of these illusions, they really mean world to me, meeee..

Sometimes I think MIKA wrote this especially for me. Are there any MIKA songs that you identify with the most, and why?:biggrin2:

This is the question being asked :biggrin2:

I fell for "Any Other World" when I listened to LICM for the first time - I had only heard the happy tunes until then, so the surprise and the fact that I was worried about a yet-to-be-diagnosed illnes sort of made the song important to me :wub2::blush-anim-cl:

I like Your Sympathy a lot, but my favorite MIKA song, from the second I first heard it, is Stuck in the Middle. I totally understand, Naectegale, because the first time I heard it I knew I would love it. And I still do! He could have written that about me too. I love it!!! :wub2:

Sometimes I think MIKA wrote this especially for me. Are there any MIKA songs that you identify with the most, and why? :biggrin2:

I never really identified with any Mika song. The only exception is his cover of Everybody's Talking. It's not his song but I only really discovered / made sense of this song when I heard his version of it.... :blush-anim-cl:

Funny how in Mika's songs what touches me is that I seem to identify with Mika in some of the songs...:blink:...however silly it may sound :teehee: It's his fault, though - he talks too much about himself:wink2:.

'Your Sympathy' has always sounded painfully honest to me, even though he actually wrote that with 2 other people and I feel Jodi Marr might have helped quite a bit with the lyrics:wink2:...

However, the first verse you quoted paints such an accurate, sweet and honest picture of Mika that whoever is responsible for those lines, I can’t but adore them for these words. :wub2:

I love Your Sympathy, it's what made me buy the Japanese edition of LICM, do love the stickers too tho!!:naughty:

The song I most identify with has to be "Any Other World" when I first heard it I hadn't been out of hospital all that long, I'd just lost my hearing, the sight in one eye and the ability to walk without assistance. The words "I smile and try to mean it" were so apt.

I got the chance to tell Mika how much that song meant to me and why, he smiled ay me, such a sad smile and said he was sorry that I'd been thro so much. When I'm having a down day it helps just to be able to play that song, sing and cry.

I love Your Sympathy, it's what made me buy the Japanese edition of LICM, do love the stickers too tho!!:naughty:

The song I most identify with has to be "Any Other World" when I first heard it I hadn't been out of hospital all that long, I'd just lost my hearing, the sight in one eye and the ability to walk without assistance. The words "I smile and try to mean it" were so apt.

I got the chance to tell Mika how much that song meant to me and why, he smiled ay me, such a sad smile and said he was sorry that I'd been thro so much. When I'm having a down day it helps just to be able to play that song, sing and cry.

Oh Mikafish! I didn't know any of that.

I'm so pleased you got the chance to tell him how much it meant to you.

Well, the song I most identify with is one of the unmentionables and one that everyone says is whiny, so I'm not gonna say any more about that here, lest it reflect badly on me:teehee:

For me it's Relax and Any Other World

I don't particular identify with Mika's songs, although Ring Ring is probably the most relatable. But when I was a youngling I was more likely to be the crank caller than the recipient however. :teehee:

Oh Christine:wub2:,

I had a bad day but this has put a smile on my face.hahaha:roftl:

Edited by Moonlightchild

For the 2817337560456047356034th time, it's NOT forbidden.:aah:

It was a bonustrack on the Japanese version of LICM.

Oh, and isn't there already a thread about this song?:blink:

It's forbidden for people who haven't bought the Japanese edition

I don't particular identify with Mika's songs, although Ring Ring is probably the most relatable. But when I was a youngling I was more likely to be the crank caller than the recipient however. :teehee:

I've always fancied Mika was likely to be the caller too- if he was going to write a song for Simon Cowell- or Es Devlin- Ring Ring would be it

For me it's GK- "why don't you like me without making me try"

You are right, we've had many threads on this song already, since it came out on the Japanese version of LICM. But each one has a different take, a different twist, just like every thread we start!:wink2:

So true :naughty:. What would the MFC be without the random, periodic, kinda repeated threads :aah:

I'm right there with you :roftl:- I was terrible myself :teehee:.

:roftl::roftl: My crank calling days was so much fun!!

:blush-anim-cl: that's really cool.

I'm right there with you :roftl:- I was terrible myself :teehee:.

:naughty: Once we phoned for someone we found in the phonebook.. only to find out he was dead, that stopped us for a while, but we soon started crank calling again..

EDIT- I Love My sympathy... good song! I can relate to Mika's songs, but I don't personally relate to any of them.. it would be even more impactful if I did.

Edited by nikjass

The thought of Mika smiling at you through a sad smile made my eyes prickle... that must have been a very special moment for you. :wub2:

I'm not sure if I can say what my very fave Mika song is but I can tell you some of my very fave lyrics are. (if it's innapropriate just delete the post I don't like to knowingly break rules).

Can't you see my life

as something more,

and paint me

in a color

that you swear you've never seen before

I love this for how it's meant and sang in the song and for me it's VERY poignant and cuts deep.

:tears: bless you :sorry::huglove:

thanks lol :huglove:

ah I wouldn't worry about it. My last bad experience happened nearly a year ago. Crazy, it seems so recent. It's astonishing how so much can change in 12 months...

but...ehh...guess I'm used to it really. I'm not holding out for a fantastic romance to be honest. I'm probably just as hopeless and unable to keep a stable relationship as Mika is :naughty:

I'm not sure if I can say what my very fave Mika song is but I can tell you some of my very fave lyrics are. (if it's innapropriate just delete the post I don't like to knowingly break rules).

Can't you see my life

as something more,

and paint me

in a color

that you swear you've never seen before

I love this for how it's meant and sang in the song and for me it's VERY poignant and cuts deep.

Yep this is the song I was talking about.:biggrin2:

• 3 years later...

Your Sympathy is not mentioned as a track on the Japanese edition of Life In Cartoon Motion on the discography thread here: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6396

So I'm confused to what the track listing is for the Japanese edition. Could someone who has it please post the actual track listing? I'm curious as to where the song was placed on the album - between what songs.

Please?

Your Sympathy is not mentioned as a track on the Japanese edition of Life In Cartoon Motion on the discography thread here: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6396

So I'm confused to what the track listing is for the Japanese edition. Could someone who has it please post the actual track listing? I'm curious as to where the song was placed on the album - between what songs.

Please?

There are some details here, although maybe Kumazz or Blue Sky can confirm:

http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=398862