Progressive Mika? Please no.

Zsina

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On another note, I love the fact that we can witness the development of his songs, how he adds and changes things all the time to put them on another level. And I absolutely adore how he masters just about everything - from the studio versions with all the musical accessory parts one can think of, the full blast live versions including dustbins and all kinds of padding on the musical and visual side, to the acoustic versions of everything, which are my favourites in many cases.

Sigh! :wub2: Oh yeah!

Agree, and the reason why is cause he's Da Wiz :wub2:

Hello there! Thinking the same!:wink2:

For me personally, i like how rain sounds,

yes, it does use a lot of synth in it, but i think that it sounds great!

Also i think one of the problems with this album is that it has been so long awaited that we have all expected to love all the songs on it and now that that they dont sound how we thought they would we are slightly dissapointed,

To be honest i love the whole album and the only problem i have is that i dont want the deluxe edition but i do want loverboy to be on there, oh well:teehee:

Also i think one of the problems with this album is that it has been so long awaited that we have all expected to love all the songs on it and now that that they dont sound how we thought they would we are slightly dissapointed,

For me it is the other way round. I expected to be dissapointed because I had huge expectations, but what i've heard so far is brilliant.

Oh, and I hated the first version of Rain.

I like the diversity of posts here:teehee:

I can hear neither JT/hiphop nor disco / Lady Gaga type of songs :naughty:

(Shakira's new single sounds like 70s disco but Mika is not there yet:biggrin2:)

I'd simply call it dance-pop and I don't think it is more computerised than Michael Jackson's Bad. However, it is more computerised than LICM for sure.

To be honest i love the whole album and the only problem i have is that i dont want the deluxe edition but i do want loverboy to be on there, oh well:teehee:

Believe me, you won't want to miss those acoustic songs :wink2:.....

There is no hip hop beat in Rain. :roftl:

Come on people let's not get carried away. We all have different preferences, which is fine, but that doesn't mean Rain is a hip hop song.

And Blame It On The Girls is not all computerized either as you can clearly hear in the vlog where there is a piano solo and Ida's backing vocals in the bridge.

Why don't we just wait for the album before rushing to judgement, eh? :wink2:

sorry for the "hip-hop beat" confusion, it was for lack of a better word. And I shouldn't have rushed to judgement...I get carried away sometimes.:wink2:

I shall love everything Mika does. Even if a song will not be understood by me at first, I shall penetrate into it, I shall listen more closely attentively, to accept and grow fond of it. Because it is His songs, He has enclosed in them the soul. It is enough to me to hear His voice and to know what He has created these Sounds. And I shall love. While I had no violence to me to force myself to love His Songs. Yes... In this album is a lot of new sounding. But it was interesting to me to hear it. I opened for myself New Mika. Who will forbid, who will specify to Mika what to do? He is one's own master and does that feels. He required such interpretation.

I do not love remixes too). But I do not listen to them). Though... I listen, because among that nonsense His voice is audible. And often I hear it more precisely and is more juicy, than in the original of song. If I was able, would clean a sound and listened to one voice). But it only for remixes. I love all another. And in fact there are acoustic versions. And they always will be.If do not like original versions of new songs.If I shall not love a song, I shall be silent. To not wound. But I am assured, that it does not happen

The only thing, that I shall not love, are datings

Though... I listen, because among that nonsense His voice is audible. And often I hear it more precisely and is more juicy, than in the original of song. If I was able, would clean a sound and listened to one voice).

Yes this is why my first response to the Calvin Harris mix of We Are Golden was that I liked it better - because you could hear Mika's vocals more clearly. But the mixes don't really hold up as well over time and it gets boring after awhile unless you just want something to dance to. For regular listening I find the original, in all its complexity, is enjoyable for years.

The only thing, that I shall not love, are datings

:lmfao: Come on Lena, Mika needs to have a little fun once in awhile don't you think? :teehee:

Really? You want him to be alone forever? Or you just don't like Adele?

The first. I know I speak as egoist.But it is intolerable. Even to think of it . I do not know, how I will live.

Disco is like Abba, the Beegees, and crappy 70s dance movies.

This is coming from a perspective of someone who adores dance music, and not $#*@ artists like Lady Gaga. Mika's music is so far from disco and computer generated drivel--the music on his myspace is perfect! You couldn't go to a club or anything and dance to Mika's normal songs. Remixed, they're awesome.

but i agree about blame it on the girls, besides the phraseology (lol). I don't like the mixing at all. It sounds too heavy for him.

Edited by nightingale

And in fact there are acoustic versions. And they always will be.If do not like original versions of new songs.

This is true. If we don't like the CD version of any particular song, we can always choose to listen to live/acoustic versions instead. :wub2:

And as for Adele - I'm pretty sure Mika's not actually dating her. I recommend you don't believe stories about Mika dating someone unless you see a photograph that proves it. :teehee:

For me personally, i like how rain sounds,

yes, it does use a lot of synth in it, but i think that it sounds great!

I don't know anyone can tell what each song truly sounds like... I'm trying to reserve judgement till it's in my hot little hands...

I remember being somewhat disappointed when hte vlog came out, but maybe that's just me...

I'd simply call it dance-pop and I don't think it is more computerised than Michael Jackson's Bad. However, it is more computerised than LICM for sure.

They sure sound more computerised than LICM... I don't see how that's so bad, and at the risk of sounding like a broken record, if you don't like the recorded version, there's always the acoustic one.. After all, Mika himself said that he liked having the recorded versions of his songs and the live versions...

This is true. If we don't like the CD version of any particular song, we can always choose to listen to live/acoustic versions instead. :wub2:

And as for Adele - I'm pretty sure Mika's not actually dating her. I recommend you don't believe stories about Mika dating someone unless you see a photograph that proves it. :teehee:

I went to bed with these ideas and have woken up having them. It is awful

You couldn't go to a club or anything and dance to Mika's normal songs. Remixed, they're awesome.

I agree and Mika says the same thing. I laugh when people say they can dance to Mika's songs. Jumping up and down is not dancing. :teehee:

They sure sound more computerised than LICM... I don't see how that's so bad, and at the risk of sounding like a broken record, if you don't like the recorded version, there's always the acoustic one.. After all, Mika himself said that he liked having the recorded versions of his songs and the live versions...

We have already heard acoustic variations for half the songs, many of which will be available on the deluxe version of the CD, so I don't know what there is to be so disappointed about really. :dunno:

I went to bed with these ideas and have woken up having them. It is awful

The first. I know I speak as egoist.But it is intolerable. Even to think of it . I do not know, how I will live.

:shocked: Wow Lena. I am pretty sure Mika is not dating Adele but there's not much chance he's going to be alone every night for the rest of his life. He's just a normal boy and I am a bit worried for you that that should make you so upset!

I agree and Mika says the same thing. I laugh when people say they can dance to Mika's songs. Jumping up and down is not dancing. :teehee:

We have already heard acoustic variations for half the songs, many of which will be available on the deluxe version of the CD, so I don't know what there is to be so disappointed about really. :dunno:

:shocked: Wow Lena. I am pretty sure Mika is not dating Adele but there's not much chance he's going to be alone every night for the rest of his life. He's just a normal boy and I am a bit worried for you that that should make you so upset!

I agree with you, it's not healthy for any of Mika's fans to be that way, that they don't know how they'll live if he finds a lover (whoever it may be) Sooner or later Mika will have a serious relationship, I hope so anyway. I would hate to think of him being alone for the rest of his life

I agree with you, it's not healthy for any of Mika's fans to be that way, that they don't know how they'll live if he finds a lover (whoever it may be) Sooner or later Mika will have a serious relationship, I hope so anyway. I would hate to think of him being alone for the rest of his life

I cannot agree. Someone is fan of Mika but has the love. Someone is fan of Mika but has boyfriend or husband. Someone is fan of Mika but also is fan of others musicians. Someone is fan of Mika, but does not want and cannot have any other love. Cannot, because does not want. Because Mika is the sense of all life. In fact I not one such who will be lonely just because loves Mika.

And for me it is great suffering if He will have datings. Also as for you, you will be suffering if your husbands and guys will leave from you.

Do not speak me, that it is different things and they cannot be compared.

who know better, if not you that Mika is the real person?Not a celebrity, but the real person to whom it is possible to feel all scale of feelings what you feel to the lover person.

Actually, the last time I went dancing (ages ago:old:), when Love Today started everyone started dancing and moving their arms up making the L with their hands. It was a pretty nice sight:groovy:

And for me it is great suffering if He will have datings. Also as for you, you will be suffering if your husbands and guys will leave from you.

It's worrisome when people do not understand the difference between feelings they have for someone they've never met and feelings that people have for people they have actual relationships with.

The difference between loving Mika and loving a lover is that you don't actually have a relationship with Mika.

It's possible to feel many powerful things for a person you've never met because that person could look beautiful and say intelligent and funny things and be talented. You can care about that person's feelings and think you want to be with person. All of those feelings are lovely and valid and nobody should say otherwise.

But don't mistake those feelings for being the same as the feelings that develop from actually having a relationship with someone. They feel similar, but are not the same at all. It's completely different when the other person loves you back.

Mika genuinely cares about his fans in the way that compassionate people care about others, but he doesn't know any of us well enough to love us back.

It's normal to feel pain when your crushes start dating other people because it shatters the dream world you built up around the person. It's healthy to be able to cope with life without those dreams and to be happy for the person you care about. If you can't be happy for the person when he falls in love, it's possible you never cared about his feelings and only ever cared about the way he made you feel. That isn't love. That's fandom.

If you can't be happy for the person when he falls in love, it's possible you never cared about his feelings and only ever cared about the way he made you feel. That isn't love. That's fandom.

This is exactly why I refused to consider myself a fan for I don't know how long. It took me something close to group therapy to give in and be able to see that this is what I am when it comes to things MIKA: a fan.

In fact, this place convinced me some, that 'fan' does not necessarily have to be a dirty word. Fanatic. Lunatic. Dangerous. Self-centered. No!

I know you didn't mean it, but your statement above makes me feel like being a part of something wrong again.

I care a freaking lot about Mika. Of course the key and origin of that is the way he makes me feel. But that is also the exact reason, why I want him to be happy. I'd do close to anything to just try to make him smile. If I knew that he's in love with someone and that someone loves him back the same, it would be none of my business. But you can bet you bottom dollar, I would care and it would make me very happy.

It's healthy to be able to cope with life without those dreams and to be happy for the person you care about.

What you say is rational thinking but don't forget poets do not think in a rational way :wink2:

This is exactly why I refused to consider myself a fan for I don't know how long.

I also had my same internal fight with myself. For a long time I thought I did not classify as a 'fan' because I did not qualify for the 'obsessed' element..:cool: Even on MFC I was keeping a relatively low profile because I thought I was an outsider.

Actually, it wasn't until this summer that I actually realised that many people here pretty much share the same type of feeling towards Mika, and it is more like caring about him than doing anything obsessive.

I care a freaking lot about Mika. Of course the key and origin of that is the way he makes me feel. But that is also the exact reason, why I want him to be happy. I'd do close to anything to just try to make him smile. If I knew that he's in love with someone and that someone loves him back the same, it would be none of my business. But you can bet you bottom dollar, I would care and it would make me very happy.

I like so much what you wrote... It's part of the attraction of MFC for me: someone can always express more or less the same thing I feel but cannot find the right words for. :blush-anim-cl:

Thank you:thumb_yello: