"TOUCHES YOU" thread

Blue Sky

"Touching me touching you I wanna touch your bluueessss yeah! I believe in a thing called love, just listen to the rhythm of my heart..." :fisch:

Sorry I read the first line and that's all I could think of. :teehee::naughty:

:roftl:

When I read those words 'Touching me touching you ' here I was thinking hard in which song I heard the same line- and yes, it was The Darkness song :thumb_yello:... I mean, in no way are these songs similar but reading that line made me think of that song, too:biggrin2:

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It reminds me of a George Michael song though. ....I'll try to figure out which.:biggrin2:

:blink:

...to me the music does not remind me of GM at all:blink:

wait... let me read the lyrics...

"I wanna be your sister, wanna be your mother too"

hmmmm...

perhaps this one:

'I'm not your father

I'm not your brother

Talk to your sister

I am a lover'

:naughty:

PS: let me know if this helped :teehee::biggrin2:

Okay, my first post on here..this song is amazing.....:mf_lustslow:

Eargasmic!

It reminds me of a George Michael song though. ....I'll try to figure out which.:biggrin2:

Yeah, "Father Figure"

Even the message is kind of similar. But I love it :wub2:

:blink:

...to me the music does not remind me of GM at all:blink:

wait... let me read the lyrics...

"I wanna be your sister, wanna be your mother too"

hmmmm...

perhaps this one:

'I'm not your father

I'm not your brother

Talk to your sister

I am a lover'

:naughty:

PS: let me know if this helped :teehee::biggrin2:

Yeah, "Father Figure"

Yeah the lyrics are similar, but it's not really the lyrics for me....this could be GM song too in my opinion, really that style...I mean..listen to GM's voice in Amazing for example, they sound alike with Mika's.

I know there's a certain rythm too that reminds me of a GM song, I couldn't figure out which on yet, but I will try...I'm working it! :biggrin2:

I love the song, I love GM too, so it's all good. :roftl:

Edit: Hm....maybe Freedom 90' ...a bit faster and newer....

yeah definately I think that's what I hear in it.....Touches you is faster though, but please check it out! The rythm and the way the song is sang, expecially from : 'I think there's something you should know..I think it's time I...' and "All we have to do now..." and 'that'S what you get.....sometimes th eclothes do not make the man....'

compared to Mika' I wanna be your brother....

I might be wrong tho, but I feel them alike a bit, and it's not bad, I love Freedom. :biggrin2:

I'm listenning to the song on amazon anyway...you too?

Edited by Zsina

Yeah the lyrics are similar, but it's not really the lyrics for me....this could be GM song too in my opinion, really that style...I mean..listen to GM's voice in Amazing for example, they sound alike with Mika's.

:shocked:

Oh no, don't even mention the song 'Amazing' or I run away screaming ...

(:biggrin2:)

Yeah, "Father Figure"

I know there's a certain rythm too that reminds me of a GM song, I couldn't figure out which on yet, but I will try...I'm working it! :biggrin2:

I love the song, I love GM too, so it's all good. :roftl:

Edit: Hm....maybe Freedom 90' ...a bit faster and newer....

yeah definately I think that's what I hear in it.....Touches you is faster though, but please check it out! The rythm and the way the song is sang, expecially from : 'I think there's something you should know..I think it's time I...' and "All we have to do now..." and 'that'S what you get.....sometimes th eclothes do not make the man....'

compared to Mika' I wanna be your brother....

I might be wrong tho, but I feel them alike a bit, and it's not bad, I love Freedom. :biggrin2:

I'm listenning to the song on amazon anyway...you too?

I'm totally with you here, the first thing that popped into my mind when I heard this one is "George Michael" and also Father Figure. It's not like the song is similar per se, but the style, the music, some of the lyrics, and then the whole George Michael vibe is (to me) very very clear.

I do love GM anyway so I love this song, and I think it's a great one, but I can't not see the GM in it. I find it really strong.

I too liked this song at once. Simultaneously with " By the Time ". And others too...

But I do not understand words and I react to a melody and iridescent the Mika's voice is gentle streamlet:wub2:

Thanks for lyrics Blue Sky!!, I have gone to translate. Clumsily)

Sometimes I envy that you don't speak much English. When you listen to Mika's music, you hear the tone of his voice; trying to understand the words just isn't a distraction for you like it is for me. That must be so wonderful. :wub2:

I don't know the full song, let alone the lyrics, but... has anyone ever thought that 'I wanna be whatever else that touches you' could be meant in a totally non-physical way? Is it just me? It's not my mother tongue, so it might be missig the point, but don't you use the verb 'touch' if something or someone affects you on an emotional level as well?

I thought about that, but there's something so overtly sexual about the beat of the song, and the tone in his voice. I wonder if we're in for some more Sweet Dreams style dancing when he performs this. :das:

Now you're making me look creepy :sneaky2::tears:

I don't do that. Mika does. :shun:

Hey now, apparently 95% of males in Western nations partake in that passtime. :naughty:I'm sure Mika's no exception.

Hey now, apparently 95% of males in Western nations partake in that passtime. :naughty:I'm sure Mika's no exception.

I wasn't saying Mika doesn't do it, I just don't think it's what the song's about :roftl::lmfao:

I take this song as someone...who really likes someone but can't get close to them, so he wants to be someone else who is close to them so that he can just be with them.

Does that make sense?

EDIT: Mana I just saw your white writing when I quoted you LOL!!

I thought about that, but there's something so overtly sexual about the beat of the song, and the tone in his voice. I wonder if we're in for some more Sweet Dreams style dancing when he performs this. :das:

Like this?

I

I do love GM anyway so I love this song, and I think it's a great one, but I can't not see the GM in it. I find it really strong.

Yes, indeed! It's really strong, and I love GM too, so it's all good. :biggrin2: I even think that their voices are somehow similar. Sometimes really high, emotional and beautiful....:wub2:

(I might be wrong though, coz for the very FIRST time I heard Mika singing Grace Kelly on the radio I thought it was Robbie Williams....lol...:roftl: )

@Suzie....sorry lol, no more mentioning Amazing....not my fav song either, but not so baaaad. You must be really angry to GM lol, he's just retired, don't turn away from him only coz of that.....:roftl:

Like this?

I love that cover! It's on my phone!

Anyway..off topic, but I laughed my ass off at this comment:

Jakeyrow (5 months ago) 0 Reply | Spam

Thats my husband....

:lmfao:

Edited by Zsina

Sorry for being a pain...do we have a link to download those on amazon.de? :naughty: I have "TY" stuck in my head....

I haven't seen a link yet, god we are desperate aren't we, downloading snippets, can't wait for September...:roftl:

I haven't seen a link yet, god we are desperate aren't we, downloading snippets, can't wait for September...:roftl:

yeah...the thing is that I'm afraid that bit by bit we'll get to hear one lyric after another until the whole song will flow around just like that...but I don't think I want to...I was really planning my day when I'll get my CD to sit down in my room with a cup of tea and turn the volume up, and then just cry and dance :biggrin2: