"TOUCHES YOU" thread

Blue Sky

My previous hypothesis does not seem to stand then :no:

:wink2:

.... perhaps it's a masculine song, then.

Would you agree with that, Freddie? :biggrin2:

sorry to break your theories suzie..but it's my favourite above all the rest (apart from pick up off the floor, which is and remains the song of my heart :wub2:)...and i'm european AND female :teehee:

Edited by robertina

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so, is this the George Michael thread? :naughty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8rQnLrgVAo

Sorry, Suzy's quote evoked this song line in me

"What am I guilty of

Why do you make me wait " ... and the whole song.:teehee:

Back to Mika, do I get the right impression that US fans tend to like TOUCES YOU more than fans in Europe?

It would be interesting to do a poll on favorite songs by contintent once the album is out..

this could be fun for us and USEFUL for universal, which IMO hasn't understood yet which are the best singles for each country :teehee:

wag? biotg? nnnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

touches you had to be chosen!!!!!

This isn't a perfect love

One that we're guilty of

What am I supposed to do

Can't seem to leave you alone

Touching me Touching you

I love this part. :wub2:

And I'm so glad I finally know what the heck he's singing. :teehee:

i'm surprised also natives have trouble in understanding lyrics! but i feel a tad less alone now! :blush-anim-cl:

:roftl:

Sorryyy Im am different you should know by now

:boxed:

You mean you are hiding a pink jacket in your closet????

:blink:

Me in Japan likes Touches you best too.:wub2:
sorry to break your threories suzie..but it's my favourite above all the rest (apart from pick up off the floor, which is and remains the song of my heart :wub2:)...and i'm european AND female :teehee:

One theory is out then.... I'll go and think of another one. :teehee:

Truth is that I have complex feelings about this song.. like with WAG.

In terms of music, though, I prefer it to WAG.

so, is this the George Michael thread? :naughty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8rQnLrgVAo

Sorry, Suzy's quote evoked this song line in me

"What am I guilty of

Why do you make me wait " ... and the whole song.:teehee:

Back to Mika, do I get the right impression that US fans tend to like TOUCES YOU more than fans in Europe?

It would be interesting to do a poll on favorite songs by contintent once the album is out..

This would only work if I was allowed to change my answer weekly. I find the songs on the albums tend to be like political factions. I keep changing my alliances:teehee:

sorry to break your theories suzie..but it's my favourite above all the rest (apart from pick up off the floor, which is and remains the song of my heart :wub2:)...and i'm european AND female :teehee:

Same here.:naughty:

I thought Rain would be my fav, but I never listen to it. It just kind of bores me now, but I'm sure I will like it again.:blink:

this could be fun for us and USEFUL for universal, which IMO hasn't understood yet which are the best singles for each country :teehee:

Nor have they understood the right season for things to be released in different countries.

I would much prefer to have seen Relax come out in Australia at the time that Happy Ending came out. It was just in time for summer. Relax would have been the perfect summer party song. Beaches, BBQ's, dancing etc etc... But Universal chose to hold it over and then, when we thought we were finally going to get it, it never got released here at all!:sneaky2:

Nor have they understood the right season for things to be released in different countries.

I would much prefer to have seen Relax come out in Australia at the time that Happy Ending came out. It was just in time for summer. Relax would have been the perfect summer party song. Beaches, BBQ's, dancing etc etc... But Universal chose to hold it over and then, when we thought we were finally going to get it, it never got released here at all!:sneaky2:

Lol. Love Today was released in the UK on the 16th of April 2007 or something, and here it got released somewhere at the end of August 2008. Needless to say, it didn't really end up high in the charts.

i'm surprised also natives have trouble in understanding lyrics! but i feel a tad less alone now! :blush-anim-cl:

Yes it’s funny and even a little strange imo!:teehee:

Sorry natives!:naughty:

But….if it was Swedish…what I’m thinking is that even if you can’t hear a word clear there are only a limited number of synonyms that could fit in!:thumb_yello:

And as a native you have access to all kinds of slang, old and new expression and words which are sounding similar, and all the associations and references made by TV-shows, children’s-books and comics and all that jazz!:thumb_yello:

Hehe, not a day goes by on the MFC without me talking about language questions, sorry in advance!:naughty:

Yes it’s funny and even a little strange imo!:teehee:

Sorry natives!:naughty:

But….if it was Swedish…what I’m thinking is that even if you can’t hear a word clear there are only a limited number of synonyms that could fit in!:thumb_yello:

This Mika lyric deciphering problem is truly extraordinary. First off because his spoken accent is very easy to understand so I don't know why he sings without enunciating words in any kind of predictable pattern.

Secondly his lyrics tend to not make the most sense at the best of times so it really is difficult to guess what it is based on context. Especially when the minor change of one word can affect the meaning of the line and in turn even the whole mood of the song. You throw his falsetto in there and that minor one word change happens constantly and the whole thing's a muddle. :aah:

I had to listen to One Foot Boy on repeat on my headphones at least a dozen times before I decided it was "one foot boy 11 stone". And even then you can't be sure. That's what it sounds like, but is that what he means? A 12 inch boy that weighs 154 pounds? Seriously? :lmfao:

This Mika lyric deciphering problem is truly extraordinary. First off because his spoken accent is very easy to understand so I don't know why he sings without enunciating words in any kind of predictable pattern.

Secondly his lyrics tend to not make the most sense at the best of times so it really is difficult to guess what it is based on context. Especially when the minor change of one word can affect the meaning of the line and in turn even the whole mood of the song. You throw his falsetto in there and that minor one word change happens constantly and the whole thing's a muddle. :aah:

I had to listen to One Foot Boy on repeat on my headphones at least a dozen times before I decided it was "one foot boy 11 stone". And even then you can't be sure. That's what it sounds like, but is that what he means? A 12 inch boy that weighs 154 pounds? Seriously? :lmfao:

this post made me laugh so hard! :lmfao: :lmfao:

I just want to underline how grateful we are that you and the other native English speakers are really trying to figure out what in the world he is saying and I have the fullest respect for how hard it is!:thumb_yello:

But isn’t it in perspective the same thing with all songwriters and poets, blurring the language many of them and using symbolic which are hard to get, but because we are so extremely interested to understand and follow Mika’s thoughts in his work we are trying so much more than we would with any other poet?:wink2:

12 inch boy….yeah, that’s a hard nut to crack…symbolic for a heavy burden???????

That's so true, IMO, too -- WAG would have been a great summer

anthem. I could just imagine driving around in the car with the windows

down, blasting that song on a gorgeous summer day. It's a shame they held it for release until September.

I'm smiling, reading that so many love Touches You -- I agree that it's

one of the best songs on the album. But I think Blame It on the Girls

has "single" written all over it as well. It really depends on my mood,

as to which one is my favorite on any given day. I :wub2: them both.

A lot.

And I'm glad to finally have the lyrics, too! I kept hearing "this isn't a

GIRLFRIEND love," instead of PERFECT love, and I was like :blink:

The lyric deciphering nearly did my head in.

I listened to WAG about 300 times before I finally cracked the code of "Many years have gone by..." but I was mighty proud of myself when it happened.

Touches you was pretty easy by comparison. "To avoid confrontation

You walk away" was what I heard all along, despite the differences in opinion.:naughty:

I DUNNO!! I dunno!!! :aah: I LOVE it! But I had a good listen yesterday and there's parts I love and don't love so much in each song!! I don't think I can pic a fav!

This song might have my favourite chorous tho :biggrin2:

Ditto! :naughty:

But i love just about everything about it... the lyrics... music ... :pbjt: Looking a lot forward to see it live....

Thought Rain, I See You or BIOTG would be my fave. But i was wrong. Touches you... :mf_lustslow: Have listened to it more than 225 times according to my winamp :blink::teehee:

Ditto! :naughty:

But i love just about everything about it... the lyrics... music ... :pbjt: Looking a lot forward to see it live....

Thought Rain, I See You or BIOTG would be my fave. But i was wrong. Touches you... :mf_lustslow: Have listened to it more than 225 times according to my winamp :blink::teehee:

I really like the verses in Dr. John tho

And Pick Up Off The Floor sounds so sexy! :aah:

And BIOTG is fun and GGG is great! :aah:

I can't choose!!

It's one of my favourites too, I love the choir in the background! :mf_lustslow:

And, the song reminds me very much of George Michael, it's cool.

Exactly my sentiments! Reminds me of Faith or Father Figure. Currently my no. 1 of the whole album!!!:thumb_yello:

I really like the verses in Dr. John tho

And Pick Up Off The Floor sounds so sexy! :aah:

And BIOTG is fun and GGG is great! :aah:

I can't choose!!

Rain makes me freak out too (danceing) and i love the lyrics.

I See You is cos of relating to it but i will look like mess when/if seeing it live

Im just in love with his music... :pbjt:

Think he sounds like a cowboy in the beginning of BIOTG

Im in love with One Foot Boy too

But this one (Touches You) just has everything...