4MUSIC: MIKA - THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS Friday 28 August 2009

tigerclaws95

I don't the its the audience so much as the lack of TV cameras- there was an audience at iTunes all the time, but he was a bit unnatural while the live cameras were on

:dunno:, it may well be that the cameras do put him off a bit, but he has been perfectly natural with Andy filming in the past, although it's obviously not the same....iTunes was live tv though which I would expect to be far more unnatural and nerve wracking than this thing. It probably does influence him a bit.

Completely agree... he goes MAD at his gigs.. .. the energy is completely different..he has a special spark when he's comfortable & relax i think. TV performances or even shows like the Brit Awards etc... just don't capture that special something..

Yeah, I still think that the audience presence and feedback is the major factor here, he clearly feeds off them (as he's even said himself) so this is what makes his real gigs a lot better than these TV shows.

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:teehee: These performances have ignited the 16 year old fan girl in me. I felt the same way the first time I watched the Grace Kelly video. I'm in awe, and love where he's going and where he has evolved. Totally perfect...completley individual and utterly amazing.

So far, I can't decide on my favorite song. And only Mika & Michael Jackson have ever had that effect on me. :wub2:

:dunno:, it may well be that the cameras do put him off a bit, but he has been perfectly natural with Andy filming in the past, although it's obviously not the same....iTunes was live tv though which I would expect to be far more unnatural and nerve wracking than this thing. It probably does influence him a bit.

Yeah, I still think that the audience presence and feedback is the major factor here, he clearly feeds off them (as he's even said himself) so this is what makes his real gigs a lot better than these TV shows.

Yes I agree, that's what was wrong. He needed the audiance! It was obvious to me as I watched it, he didn't know where to put himself without the interaction he gets from the fans. It made me love him even more, because he really needs us! Bless him.

Still, he performed the songs well, and as for 'I See You'... There isn't a word in the dictionary for how gorgeous it is!

I hate when singers accompany with the singing by the perfected learnt movements. Singers-dancers. I do not love. And I am glad - Mika not such. Even when He has decided to make the performance with dance. He has scrolled mentally any movements, any of them has tried on himself... And has left on that podium having solved is enough of it.). I as if read His ideas: " Now I shall turn so ", "How I shall jump here ", "Well here it ", "up-la, and here so "." So...and repetition "," Now I shall kick this dummy... oh, it is impossible ".... It was amusing to observe of Him...that else He will decide to make?)) I am almost assured it was improvisation. It seemed to me that He very much wished to scatter with legs all this dummies.). And still it seemed to me as if He thought :" It is impossible to interrupt dance for a second".

And His face. It has been strained somehow . I think, that He could not relax and to sing as had usual. And thought about images of the movement of the body that in right moment to have time to squeeze them in to ending of song.). Well and certainly, at all this He felt any awkwardness, because that He sings for "nobody". He would like the spectator and very much it did not suffice. When He has sat down to the piano, He has become in peace with himself. Has relaxed and has forgotten about cameras. It was not necessary to watch cameras any more, to turn to them and to do a pathetic sight for the invisible spectator on that party of . All it is alien to Him. He has not got used to behave unnaturally and to hold in the certain format. But for record in studio it was necessary. Otherwise we would see the scattered dolls, private dance with one of them and His nice belly.). And to sing without public is not for Him.). He was not insincere if someone so considers. Simply He did not know , to whom to give the energy.

I so think.

And... His red toddlers were so funny.:teehee:

Now I will read your ideas about it show. I did not read, did not wish to give in to another's opinion.). But I am assured nobody trained to His these dances.). I love natural Mika :wub2:, not a puppet.

ps I cannot tell anything about interview). I simply admired Mika and tried to not litter my eyes by the person who was near. I have not understood words, how is usual)

Edited by Lena

I hate when singers accompany with the singing by the perfected learnt movements. Singers-dancers. I do not love. And I am glad - Mika not such. Even when He has decided to make the performance with dance. He has scrolled mentally any movements, any of them has tried on himself... And has left on that podium having solved is enough of it.). I as if read His ideas: " Now I shall turn so ", "How I shall jump here ", "Well here it ", "up-la, and here so "." So...and repetition "," Now I shall kick this dummy... oh, it is impossible ".... It was amusing to observe of Him...that else He will decide to make?)) I am almost assured it was improvisation. It seemed to me that He very much wished to scatter with legs all this dummies.). And still it seemed to me as if He thought :" It is impossible to interrupt dance for a second".

And His face. It has been strained somehow . I think, that He could not relax and to sing as had usual. And thought about images of the movement of the body that in right moment to have time to squeeze them in to ending of song.). Well and certainly, at all this He felt any awkwardness, because that He sings for "nobody". He would like the spectator and very much it did not suffice. When He has sat down to the piano, He has become in peace with himself. Has relaxed and has forgotten about cameras. It was not necessary to watch cameras any more, to turn to them and to do a pathetic sight for the invisible spectator on that party of . All it is alien to Him. He has not got used to behave unnaturally and to hold in the certain format. But for record in studio it was necessary. Otherwise we would see the scattered dolls, private dance with one of them and His nice belly.). And to sing without public is not for Him.). He was not insincere if someone so considers. Simply He did not know , to whom to give the energy.

I so think.

And... His red toddlers were so funny.:teehee:

Now I will read your ideas about it show. I did not read, did not wish to give in to another's opinion.). But I am assured nobody trained to His these dances.). I love natural Mika :wub2:, not a puppet.

Lena, you are right, he didn't seem right performing without an audience. They will have rehearsed all the dance movements because of having to set up the cameras. But he was much happier just sitting at the piano - that was why he performed the song so well.

Lena, you are right, he didn't seem right performing without an audience. They will have rehearsed all the dance movements because of having to set up the cameras. But he was much happier just sitting at the piano - that was why he performed the song so well.

Oh.... I have not told anything about His singing, only about that that my eyes saw. I have managed to see record in today's midday (+5 hours from London time). And up to it I listened " I See You ". One this song it is unceasing, more than five hours in succession.

He sang perfectly every of songs:wub2:

You will SO need the tissues for I See You!

oh i know.. :tears: i've watched 'live' yesterday night, hubby was near me, ant it's been hard to look normal... :aah::tears:

Here is youtube if no one else has posted.

part 1

part 2

part 3

thank you a million for uploading them on youtube!!! :bow:

Yes I agree, that's what was wrong. He needed the audiance! It was obvious to me as I watched it, he didn't know where to put himself without the interaction he gets from the fans. It made me love him even more, because he really needs us! Bless him.

Still, he performed the songs well, and as for 'I See You'... There isn't a word in the dictionary for how gorgeous it is!

totally agree, every single word!!!

he was happy and on fire imo, but... he looked a little disoriented without having the reaction of the crowd as feedback of how his performarce was going... :teehee:

and thanks girls for the screenshots!!! :wub2:

Edited by Lil'Violet

It also took me a little while to realize he was playing to a room of mannequins. Wow, I'm so on top of it today. :aah:

Yes, why did he do that? :loco: He could have asked us, we would have been there in no time!:sneaky2:

:pbjt::pbjt::pbjt::pbjt::pbjt::pbjt::pbjt:

:wub2:i'm so in love of his performances from this show ,so i've uploaded (only the songs) on daylimotion!thank you,once again,for the download link!:thumb_yello:

Mika-Rain-through the looking glass (4Music,28.08.2009)

http://www.dailymotion.com/user/nicoletagenoveva/video/xabo89_mikarainthrough-the-looking-glass-4_lifestyle **it's kicked out!

http://nicoletagenoveva.multiply.com/video/item/321/Mika-Rain-through_the_looking_glass_4Music28.08.2009

Mika-Dr.John-through the looking glass(4Music,28.08.2009)

http://nicoletagenoveva.multiply.com/video/item/323

Mika-Blame It On The Girls-through the looking glass(4Music,28.08.2009)

http://nicoletagenoveva.multiply.com/video/item/322

Mika-We Are Golden-through the looking glass(4Music,28.08.2009)

http://nicoletagenoveva.multiply.com/video/item/324

Mika-I See You-through the looking glass(4Music,28.08.2009):wub2:

http://www.dailymotion.com/user/nicoletagenoveva/video/xabokr_mikai-see-youthrough-the-looking-gl_lifestyle **kicked out**

http://nicoletagenoveva.multiply.com/video/item/320

:wink2:and here are uploaded only mp3 files

4MUSIC- THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS -MIKA(2009.08.28) Channel 4

http://nicoletagenoveva.multiply.com/music/item/87/4MUSIC-_THROUGH_THE_LOOKING_GLASS_-MIKA2009.08.28_Channel_4

Edited by nicoleta
*fixed dailymotion links

It also took me a little while to realize he was playing to a room of mannequins. Wow, I'm so on top of it today. :aah:

Well, it took me a while to understand why 'I see you' sounded so familliar to me :blush-anim-cl:

Edited by ~Wicky~