REPORTS, PHOTOS, VIDS: MIKA in Brussels - JIM MOBILE Showcase - Sept. 2 2009

CazGirl

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Bienie for your great effort to "update" us although you must be really tired :flowers2: - for me it is nearly "normal" to get pics and vids after gigs by such an comfort way like here on this forum. But no, be sure - it is NEVER a natural thing to be spoilt with such firsthand pics and vids! :thumb_yello: (ehm, I hope that you will understand my awkward english... ;) )

- and now I'm off to work, bye :)

thanx bienie for the pix and vids! :thumb_yello: phew i'm glad bout the hair, i probably wouldn't even have noticed that he cut it, if he hadn't said it. :naughty:

damn, i really wanna go to london now... :aah:

Maybe you should reconsider it :plane:

:naughty:

These pics are so lovely :wub2: I would love to hear a set list too.

Okay, I'm gonna do a report... First of all... this was the best concert I've ever been to in my life. I think it's quite possibly even one of the best days and nights of my life.

Normally I'm always super stressed out before a gig, thinking some things may go wrong but I didn't have that this time. Somehow I had this feeling everything was going to go smoothly and it did... First some thank yous (is this correct?? :aah:)

To everyone I met, met again: Katrien, Iranka, Celien, Joyce, Jolien, mamsie, Bienie, Carina, Olga.... EVERYONE: Thank you for making the waiting/queue the best one yet! It was great!

Katrien: you know I love you, you made this entire day and night perfect for me :huglove:

Mika: thanks for giving your all even though it was a promo gig, you were on fire, I've had the exact same feeling I had with my first gig...

John: You're simply amazing and you know it ;)

Okay, now for the report.

I got a ride with Katrien to Brussels, got there smoothly, parking space immediately so we could go to the hotel and queue. There were 4 or 5 people before us. There was still a bit of stress with the tickets and if we could all get in. So we asked John if he knew anything about it. He said it should be no problem. Like 5 minutes later, John came back with a guy from backstage and told him he had to take care of it. So we went with the guy and he arranged everything so we could all use the tickets :thumb_yello: He said to some other guy that worked there: 'John, you know Mika's manager said so! Whatever he says goes! No discussion! Those people are getting in. (not literally translated but that was the idea) :thumb_yello:

So from that moment on we were relaxed and could just enjoy the day.

Around 18.30 pm we got to queue in front of the doors, there was a line with barriers where we had to stand in. Some guy from JIM tv thought it was a nice idea if he would stand in between the first fans and if we would jump him as if he was MIKA... Yes, we did it... A few times even... We had to do it over and over again, who knew tv work would be so difficult.. So it's going to be on tv... it's going to be the intro of the showcase I suppose? Omg I feel so :blush-anim-cl: now! I really jumped him oh no :aah: okay, moving on!

Katrien and me still didn't get our tickets. Katrien won with the universal contest, so we asked where we had to go. They sent us to the VIP area where we got our wristband. It was a bit stressy because we were standing first in the queue, and now all of a sudden we had to wait for the wrist bands... But the queue was still there inside so we could get back to where we were standing.

At around 20.00 pm we were let in the venue. It was GORGEOUS, the ceiling was incredible, the stage was tiny, and there were no barriers!!! We were just leaning on the stage!! The piano was one meter away from us... We could just walk over to the spot we wanted and we all got front row. I was standing in front of Mika's stool, Katrien and yooligan were standing next to me. It was the perfect spot except for this very big and HOT lamp standing in front of me! (the confetti melt on it so you get the idea...) It was incredibly hot...

We had to wait one hour before Mika came on, but luckily everyone in the venue was sitting down so that was nice.

At 21.00pm Mika came on. He looked better than ever before. He had a very nice outfit, I loved it. And he looked so genuinely happy to be there. TBH I was afraid if he was going to love it since it was promo you know, but wow, he was amazing. I fell in love with him all over again.

I don't know the order of the songs and such, I think he opened with Grace Kelly. I was so happy he talked a lot! And he spoke Dutch as well! I was very pleased since I asked him in june why he didn't speak Dutch and he said he was going to work on it :teehee:

Songs he did: wag, rain, blue eyes, blame it on the girls, billy brown, sitm, grace kelly + in french, lollipop, love today, big girl, happy ending, relax. I think it were only those, maybe I forgot something.

I don't know what more to say, the atmosphere was incredible, he was so close we could touch him if we wanted, he gave us lots of eyecontact, it was everything you could ask for in a gig...

Funny thing happened tho.. Someone threw a balloon in his face, and since I was standing in front of him and laughing he thought I did it, and he said: 'love you too' whilst looking at me :aah: But no, I didn't do it, don't worry, but it was funny :teehee:

Then after the gig we waited for Mika to come out. I didn't really say anything but we had talked about asking for a group picture so he told to wait at the very end of the line. So we did, Katrien asked it again so he waved us over. He was standing in front of his van already and it was a very narrow space and we had to climb over road signs that were lying on the ground, moving between a car and people.

Katrien went first, I was following her but JIM security stopped us but Mika kept telling them: 'No no! It's okay!' So yeah, I was thinking where shall I stand? Next to Katrien? But no! I decided to stand next to Mika as well, had his arm around me , total fangurl moment :wub2: And we were standing like that for quite some time. I know who has the pic but I don't know when she'll be online...

I'm so sorry tho for people who couldn't get in the pic because other people blocked them.

I think that's it... I'll post my pictures as soon as possible.

:swoon:

ps: sorry if there are mistakes, didn't get much sleep, oh btw, he/ we were on the news, I'll post link as soon as I found it.

Edited by Droopsy

Funny thing happened tho.. Someone threw a balloon in his face, and since I was standing in front of him and laughing he thought I did it, and he said: 'love you too' whilst looking at me :aah: But no, I didn't do it, don't worry, but it was funny :teehee:

That's so funny :roftl:

Thanks for the report and the video :wub2:

Amazing!! I love how he says the audience is part of his shows :wub2:

Btw, on the news they said it were 900 people, now, there was a very big balcony, but the room downstairs wasn't so big... I can't believe it were 900 people!:shocked:

Hi everyone!

Yesterday was an amazing day! :wub2:

First of all I wanted to thank Katrien and Celien for having giving to me the possibility to participate to this wonderful night! :huglove: I'll never thank you enough!

Was so happy to meet you all! And thanks again for the champagne before the gig!

Mika was great! great show, the venue was beautiful :wub2:

I loved WAG, Rain and every song of course :wub2:

We were first row, and the scene was so small! :shocked: we were so closed!! :wub2:

What a great night!

After the gig Mika was so sweet! :wub2: He took his time to everyone, spoke a lot to everyone! A woman from the crew put an umbrella above Mika because it started to rain, Mika didn't notice it first, and then he said "oh no, thank you", looking to the sky to see if it's raining a lot or not...aw so sweet! I love how he stayed a simple guy :wub2:

And at the end, Mika made a pic with the MFCers, again soooo kind of him and again thanks to Katrien :wub2:

here it is:

090903105941338915.jpg

Will post pics later :wink2:

Hi everyone!

Yesterday was an amazing day! :wub2:

First of all I wanted to thank Katrien and Celien for having giving to me the possibility to participate to this wonderful night! :huglove: I'll never thank you enough!

Was so happy to meet you all! And thanks again for the champagne before the gig!

Mika was great! great show, the venue was beautiful :wub2:

I loved WAG, Rain and every song of course :wub2:

We were first row, and the scene was so small! :shocked: we were so closed!! :wub2:

What a great night!

After the gig Mika was so sweet! :wub2: He took his time to everyone, spoke a lot to everyone! A woman from the crew put an umbrella above Mika because it started to rain, Mika didn't notice it first, and then he said "oh no, thank you", looking to the sky to see if it's raining a lot or not...aw so sweet! I love how he stayed a simple guy :wub2:

And at the end, Mika made a pic with the MFCers, again soooo kind of him and again thanks to Katrien :wub2:

here it is:

090903105941338915.jpg

Will post pics later :wink2:

when I saw this I actually said "AAAWW" out loud :blush-anim-cl: It's lovely!

yes :blush-anim-cl: I loved how he said "ok everyone, look at this camera" :teehee: that's why in part why everyone is smilling, it was funny :teehee: loved this moment :wub2: and by chance it was my father's camera :teehee:

awww :wub2:

why don't we get such treatment back in London? :sneaky2::naughty:

I hope we get to see him at Scala but am thinking it's very unlikely :blink:

I share these reports with you all! What can I say more? It was a pleasure to meet Katrien, Droopsy, Marleen, Celien, Lollipopgirl and all the others....

And yes, it was the most exciting and amazing night ever! I thank Katrien soooo much for her kindness. Next time in February I will bring even more and better champagne ;):wink2:

And Mika... he was amazing! For the first time he really recognized us and it felt so warm! This night will stay in my best memories for ever!

And thanks for the pictures as I did't have a camera myself I cherish yours...

:bye:

I'm still totally overwelmed ... so I'm not ready to write a big report ... :blush-anim-cl: but I promise I'll do later (I have to go to work now, though I know I won't be able to concentrate)

It was the best gig I ever had ... Thanks everyone (Celien, Droopsy, Joyce, Marleen, Moonlightchild, Mamsie, Yooligan, Demarre, Kate, Bienie, C@rin@, Olga, Gianni, ...) for one of the the best days ever ... You were all so nice ... Thanks Bienie and Marleen for the aftergig part and the vid of me and Mika ... I had tears of joy in my eyes while watching it :wub2: Thanks Mika ofcourse for being Mika :wub2: Thanks John, Universal and JIM-mobile for the tickets ... Thanks C@rin@ for asking for the group pic (it wasn't me who asked it first :teehee:) ... and Kate for making and posting the pic ...

(I feel like at the oscars or so with all the thank you, but I thought it was my turn now to say them instead of hearing them all the time :wink2:)

Here are some pics ... there will be more later:

IMG_1621.jpg

IMG_1649.jpg

IMG_1651.jpg