MIKA RELIVES TEEN TRAUMA - Daily Star + Mika Comic?!

Fresh

MIKA RELIVES TEEN TRAUMA

7th September 2009

POP sensation Mika is digging into his childhood angst on spangly new album The Boy Who Knew Too Much.

First single We Are Golden is out today to download and the six million-selling sensation gave his first interview to me, revealing: “It’s still joyful pop music.”

Brit and Ivor Novello award winner Mika told me: “I needed to liberate myself from my childhood – I was a weird, reclusive teen.

“There’s a song called Rain, which was a break-up letter, but I thought it would be funny to put a disco beat behind it.

“It’s my form of revenge – I’m quite a passive aggressive person.”

But the chirpy chappy isn’t sobbing into his pillow – more jumping up and down on it as his new video shows him mucking about in his pants in his bedroom.

Mika laughed: “The dir*ector did Paparazzi for Lady GaGa and asked me what my 17-year-old self would be wearing. I said my underwear, and then I was there in white boxers, flexing my muscles.

“I almost wanted to vomit.”

The engaging lad is now in talks to turn this record into a comic.

Mika, 26, revealed: “I’m talking to the guy who published The Smurfs.”

I reckon he’ll have some new listeners on board, even if they didn’t like Life In Cartoon Motion.

Mika continued: “A lot of artists are more protective of themselves on their second album.

“I don’t give a s**t about how I’m perceived.

“Famous people are boring and only think about themselves.”

Robbie Williams, watch your back.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/playlist/view/97533/MIka-relives-teen-trauma/

Just the type of crappy eye catching headline this rag would use, but that's really interesting news about the possible Mika comic! :thumb_yello:

Edited by Fresh

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So this is going to be a totally off-topic comment, and hopefully that's okay, but I just saw that your signature has a doodle of Kira kissing MIKA, and I'm one of Kira's friends who she actually spread her MIKA obsession to (thank God), AND she was telling me today about one of her MFC friends with whom she trades doodles of being with MIKA, and then I saw that, so I just wanted to tell you that that's AWESOME! :D

But on an actually related note, I feel so sad that MIKA experienced any trauma as a teen. I wish I could have been there for him. :( At least he has thousands of adoring fans now!

MIKA RELIVES TEEN TRAUMA

7th September 2009

POP sensation Mika is digging into his childhood angst on spangly new album The Boy Who Knew Too Much.

First single We Are Golden is out today to download and the six million-selling sensation gave his first interview to me, revealing: “It’s still joyful pop music.”

Brit and Ivor Novello award winner Mika told me: “I needed to liberate myself from my childhood – I was a weird, reclusive teen.

“There’s a song called Rain, which was a break-up letter, but I thought it would be funny to put a disco beat behind it.

But the chirpy chappy isn’t sobbing into his pillow – more jumping up and down on it as his new video shows him mucking about in his pants in his bedroom.

Mika laughed: “The dir*ector did Paparazzi for Lady GaGa and asked me what my 17-year-old self would be wearing. I said my underwear, and then I was there in white boxers, flexing my muscles.

I reckon he’ll have some new listeners on board, even if they didn’t like Life In Cartoon Motion.

Mika continued: “A lot of artists are more protective of themselves on their second album.

Just the type of crappy eye catching headline this rag would use, but that's really interesting news about the possible Mika comic! :thumb_yello:

NO!

not a mika comic!! *begs*

one of my favorite bands (the lads) did a comic and they KILLED it.

but, if it wasnt a comic done directly about mika (about his mubbins perhaps) ten it wouldnt be so weird..

MIKA RELIVES TEEN TRAUMA

7th September 2009

Love how he says "I dont give a sh!t about how I'm perceived" and cant wait to see what happens with the comic. I'm a huge Smurfs fan so i find this really exciting:biggrin2:

I "think" it was the nerves of doing what he did for a video , so laid bare .. made him mega nervous

I can understand that !!! I would be bloody nervous too :biggrin2: