I need air!

B!anka

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't even imagine how proud I am of myself! But I really (i guess in a strike of uncounciousness) wanted Mika to say that he likes my work too...but I guess..he didn't and I'll just have to deal with it...

Wrong conclusion alert.

Just because you're not among the 8 chosen winners this doesn't say anything about how good or bad Mika thought your video was.

In fact I think chances are high that he didn't even watch it. I guess some other TM people were responsible for a pre-selection for Mika to watch. Seriously, I wonder if he ever takes time to eat or sleep in between all the promo, gigs and travelling. Impossible for him to watch every single entry.

I know it is probably not possible for you at this point, but please try to not take it so personally. I highly doubt that Mika dissed you personally because he didn't like your video at all. Seriously, this is not very likely.

You and a lot of other people know that you did a great job. It probably doesn't seem to be enough for the moment. But I can understand that.

Edited by violet_sky

Yeah...but I will always remember this throughout my career which could be painful... :boxed:

No, you say "I entered Mika's Video Competition and I didn't win. I was disappointed, naturally, but I was determined to get better because I wanted them to know that I could do a winning video and prove them wrong. So I became a filmmaker. Thank you Mika, for making me push myself."

Think about all the times Mika had to try and get a record deal. No-one's future is handed to them on a silver platter.

Look, your story is the proof that Mika has a positive effect of people, his music has that "power".

I wish I had a "Mika" when I was your age, it would have been a lot easier for me to put up with the stupid school mates I had, who were only interested in making fun of others, instead of minding their own business. But I hadn't.

You're lucky to have discovered him at this point of your life. Now, you have a different perspective of life, ENJOY IT! Please! Don't throw away all the good stuff you learned, just because your video wasn't chosen. There were THOUSANDS of entries, and who knows, your video may have been in the top 20, even in the top 10!

You STILL have the chance to tell your story to Mika, but if you give up now, you won't! That's for sure!

:huglove:

Yeah, you're right! I am happy for discovering my real talent :teehee: and I could even say (tho it comes really hard for me now) that I'm grateful to him ... but...okay no more "but"s :lol3:

I won't throw my dream away because I have already invested in it very much and everybody knows me as the "girl who wants to make movies" I can't change that because of my moods. I will just stay away from Mika for a while and one day I hope I'll get to see him from a more realistic perspective.

Oh and one more thing: I believe with all my heart in Karma, in destiny, in fate. Perhaps it wasn't meant to be for me. Perhaps I'll get to meet him personally under a lot more nicer circumstances (perhaps not as a fan but as a co-worker or something like that) that will pay back all my hurting (from this moment). It's just a matter of time. But what's an MFCer's best virtue after all? :fisch:

PATIENCE! :biggrin2:

Edited by B!anka

Remember, there are things Mikapoints can't buy. For me, personally, it was the Pub experience and Jools Holland. And Little Noise Session.

and when I won the 2007 comp I never met him :aah: In fact I was convinced I never would, but this year I have met him 7 times. And I didn't need to win a competition to meet him.

WE DON'T NEED THIS COMPETITION BIANCA :aah:

Remember, there are things Mikapoints can't buy. For me, personally, it was the Pub experience and Jools Holland. And Little Noise Session.

and when I won the 2007 comp I never met him :aah: In fact I was convinced I never would, but this year I have met him 7 times. And I didn't need to win a competition to meet him.

WE DON'T NEED WHAT YOU THINK WE NEED, WE ARE GOLDEN :bleh:.

Wrong conclusion alert.

Just because you're not among the 8 chosen winners this doesn't say anything about how good or bad Mika thought your video was.

In fact I think chances are high that he didn't even watch it. I guess some other TM people were responsible for a pre-selection for Mika to watch. Seriously, I wonder if he ever takes time to eat or sleep in between all the promo, gigs and travelling. Impossible for him to watch every single entry.

I know it is probably not possible for you at this point, but please try to not take it so personally. I highly doubt that Mika dissed you personally because he didn't like your video at all. Seriously, this is not very likely.

You and a lot of other people know that you did a great job. It probably doesn't seem to be enough for the moment. But I can understand that.

Oh great! :lmfao::lmao:

You are right though! And i'm not just saying it! :naughty:

No, you say "I entered Mika's Video Competition and I didn't win. I was disappointed, naturally, but I was determined to get better because I wanted them to know that I could do a winning video and prove them wrong. So I became a filmmaker. Thank you Mika, for making me push myself."

Think about all the times Mika had to try and get a record deal. No-one's future is handed to them on a silver platter.

:shocked:

*goes and writes it down with the title: My OSCAR winning speech* :lol3:

So it all comes back to him eventually, huh? :teehee: But I guess that's what I should do! and I will..

just another little story. Last year I have participated in this Public Speaking competition in my school which gave the chance for over 16 yearolds to go to the Intenational final in London. As that is one of my greatest targets I participated with all my heart and got to the national semifinals which I haven't passed. I have cried so so much on that night along with my mates, but I came back home happier than ever because I've made myself some really great friends.

This year, the competition starts in 2 weeks now...and guess what? I'm the "executive producer" to call it so of the regional level of the competition and it really doesn't matter for me anymore, if I'll get to the international level or not. Also, the teacher organizing this noticed me last year at this comp and that's how she chose me to direct the Shakespeare play for the festival taking place in April...so I guess it was all worth it in the end.

I will really think about it..:wub2:

:lmfao:

And the prize was meeting him? :shocked: why doesn't that surprise me?

Is it just me or all the things mikasounds.com organize turn out to be some pieces of cr*p? I mean...look at how awful the ticketing system works :lol3:

Yeah we don't we dont!!!! :aah:

Yeah but this was supposed to be a more intimate one ...wasn't it? :blink:

I dunno, but still.

Almost... *thinks about Lisbon gig last year and goes to cry under the bed* :emot-sad:

What happened? Didn't he do a meet and greet?

Both of the gigs I went to he did a meet and greet. Both of the times I had to leave to get the last train. So, I haven't met him yet.:naughty:

Oh c'mon now! :lol3::lmfao::lmao: You're really making me sorry now and pity the winners! :devil:

Hahaha...oh yeah...poor them! :aah:

What happened? Didn't he do a meet and greet?

Both of the gigs I went to he did a meet and greet. Both of the times I had to leave to get the last train. So, I haven't met him yet.:naughty:

Long and weird story, but to make it short: we were there for about an hour trying to meet Mika, with the security guards making fun of us, then John came out to talk to us, said that we could get in in groups of 5 (we were about 15 or 20 people). The first group went in, came out, and Mika left. Only one MFCer met him, the others (me included) had nothing. Nada. Niente.

End of story.

I hope next time it will be different, but I don't want to expect anything special, so I won't be miserable if nothing happens. :naughty:

Edited by Mary

So it all comes back to him eventually, huh? :teehee: But I guess that's what I should do! and I will..

just another little story. Last year I have participated in this Public Speaking competition in my school which gave the chance for over 16 yearolds to go to the Intenational final in London. As that is one of my greatest targets I participated with all my heart and got to the national semifinals which I haven't passed. I have cried so so much on that night along with my mates, but I came back home happier than ever because I've made myself some really great friends.

This year, the competition starts in 2 weeks now...and guess what? I'm the "executive producer" to call it so of the regional level of the competition and it really doesn't matter for me anymore, if I'll get to the international level or not. Also, the teacher organizing this noticed me last year at this comp and that's how she chose me to direct the Shakespeare play for the festival taking place in April...so I guess it was all worth it in the end.

see? good things come to those who wait.

:lmfao:

And the prize was meeting him? :shocked: why doesn't that surprise me?

Is it just me or all the things mikasounds.com organize turn out to be some pieces of cr*p? I mean...look at how awful the ticketing system works :lol3:

Yeah we don't we dont!!!! :aah:

the prize was two tickets to a gig of his, which was my first Mika gig. There were a few winners per gig, and as far as I'm aware the others were let in early so that they could get a good spot...i was let in a few minutes AFTER everyone else, I was rows back and behind a really tall person so I saw nothing.

Didn't meet Mika (and this was May 07, where only 10 people were waiting) and his representative said she'd send me Mika's autograph which she never did.

Oh well, I've had it twice now, or 3 times if you count my mum's CD :roftl:

Okay, maybe I’m too late and you have already gone but I want to make a few comments anyway!

I’ve read the whole discussion and I’m happy to see you got a whole bunch of comfort and good advices!:wub2:

Oh great! :lmfao::lmao:

You are right though! And i'm not just saying it! :naughty:

See…now you’re talking!:wub2:

You don't need to win the WAG competition to know you have a talent!

We know it, you know it, your family and your teachers know it!

I can understand it's hard and that you are disappointed, being a teenager is the worst period in every person’s life, but I promise you that your perspective on what Mika really is and what you can expect from him will change over time!

There is a Danish saying: He will eventually be a tiny little spot in the mosaic of your life!:naughty:

WE DON'T NEED WHAT YOU THINK WE NEED, WE ARE GOLDEN :bleh:.

:thumb_yello:

Okay, maybe I’m too late and you have already gone but I want to make a few comments anyway!

I’ve read the whole discussion and I’m happy to see you got a whole bunch of comfort and good advices!:wub2:

See…now you’re talking!:wub2:

You don't need to win the WAG competition to know you have a talent!

We know it, you know it, your family and your teachers know it!

I can understand it's hard and that you are disappointed, being a teenager is the worst period in every person’s life, but I promise you that your perspective on what Mika really is and what you can expect from him will change over time!

There is a Danish saying: He will eventually be a tiny little spot in the mosaic of your life!:naughty:

:thumb_yello:

Sienna, you are such a sweetheart! :wub2:

just because you didn't win doesn't mean you should give up. look at me! i couldn't even enter (YT or Vimeo wouldn't accept my video) but i had a hell of a good time filming it with my best friend :biggrin2:

at the end of the day i look back and think, ok maybe this wasn't my chance but it'll come around someday and when it does i'm gonna take it!

Mika has made me who i am. before i didn't have the confidence to tell my parents what i wanted to be! now i have found my identity and my talents! and i'm happier...

after suffering through first and middle school i'm happier than i've ever been. maybe not extatic but i keep on smiling! :biggrin2: cos i know that i have the choice of following my dreams and getting somewhere thanks to him being an inspiration.

and you never know i might meet you on a film set one day! :bleh:

KW and Bianca! Future Superstars! :glasses3::winner_first_h4h:

love you :huglove: never forget that...

Sienna, you are such a sweetheart! :wub2:

Right back at you!:wub2::roftl:

I forgot to say to B!anca: Please don't disappear from the forum, the friendship and all the fun we have here is so much more than chasing a curly head pop tart!:thumb_yello:

Don't you think?:wink2:

Could I just say I never even entered the competition ... but you're all winners to me ... I enjoyed watching each and every MFC video I could find .... I'm sorry that no-one on MFC won this ... but I feel to just leave because of it (other reasons too) is abit drastic ... take time out by all means ... but don't just leave ... :huglove:

Bianka, you don't have to speak for me. Yes, I also wanted to be a winner, but I'm not. Does that mean Mika thought our videos sucked? No, it just means he prefered others. And I can live with that. Life is full of disappointments, but it will only make you stronger and next time, you will come with an even better video. This is not a reason to condemn Mika.