I need air!

B!anka

I can't believe this day would have ever come for me. But I have to say that THIS IS IT!

and it's only Mika's fault. It's his because I thought he had made my life better when it actually got worse. :boxed: I've become this freak obssesed person with 0 sense of reality and chose to lock myself in his world where...obviously nothing is fair.

I know it is extremely childish and you may aswell call me unfair, but I'm really dissapointed I didn't win the damn video competition. It's only me and my family that know how much I have invested in the damn thing: nerves, hopes, sleepless nights and restless days. It's hard for a teenager to try to be golden when her fav person (former fav person) says that he prefers some bloody lego dolls to her. I'm now talking for all of the MFCers who had such great hopes for winning this (and they fully deserved to!!!): me, Caz, Ingie, Sammy and all the others. IT IS NOT FAIR!

I don't want to see Mika anymore. I don't want to hear anything about him anymore. It just makes me sick only looking at him, knowing that he is not what I thought he is. To be honest I would've found it easily to dig in if the winner was an MFCer. But it's not, so I really can't accept this.

I'm really considering the idea of not going to the gigs anymore. The only pain is that I've already arranged the Vienna one...:sneaky2:

Therefore I would like to thank Mika for breaking my dreams and hopes and making my life miserable, as if it wasn't already! You've just lost a fan! (one that was about to pump some more money into you so you could buy yourself more Louboutins!...but who's the fool now?) I hope you'll get 8 extra fans in exchange.

Fare-well,

Bianca

:sad: Ohh...Bianca, I hope you come back soon!

:bye::huglove:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And Bianka, I'm gonna be a bit harsh now, but you want to make a career in the media world, creating videos and stuff. Well, if you can't stand losing this competition, then I'm going to be blunt and say you won't survive in the media world at all, because it's tough and you get kicked out on the street as fast as you walked in through the door. Trust me. It's time to get some backbone and say: Ok, maybe I didn't win this time, but I'm not gonna let this get me down.

I'm not gonna burn all my posters and destroy everything Mika related here. As one of my favorites quotes from The Godfather says: "It's not personal, it's strictly business"

I can't believe this day would have ever come for me. But I have to say that THIS IS IT!

and it's only Mika's fault. It's his because I thought he had made my life better when it actually got worse. :boxed: I've become this freak obssesed person with 0 sense of reality and chose to lock myself in his world where...obviously nothing is fair.

I know it is extremely childish and you may aswell call me unfair, but I'm really dissapointed I didn't win the damn video competition. It's only me and my family that know how much I have invested in the damn thing: nerves, hopes, sleepless nights and restless days. It's hard for a teenager to try to be golden when her fav person (former fav person) says that he prefers some bloody lego dolls to her. I'm now talking for all of the MFCers who had such great hopes for winning this (and they fully deserved to!!!): me, Caz, Ingie, Sammy and all the others. IT IS NOT FAIR!

I don't want to see Mika anymore. I don't want to hear anything about him anymore. It just makes me sick only looking at him, knowing that he is not what I thought he is. To be honest I would've found it easily to dig in if the winner was an MFCer. But it's not, so I really can't accept this.

I'm really considering the idea of not going to the gigs anymore. The only pain is that I've already arranged the Vienna one...:sneaky2:

Therefore I would like to thank Mika for breaking my dreams and hopes and making my life miserable, as if it wasn't already! You've just lost a fan! (one that was about to pump some more money into you so you could buy yourself more Louboutins!...but who's the fool now?) I hope you'll get 8 extra fans in exchange.

Fare-well,

Bianca

You know ... after re-reading this about 5-10 times .... I have to say it leaves me completely :blink: and :boxed: I don't understand half the replys either ... the we understand how you feel bit etc etc etc ... cos' I don't understand actually .... You entered a competition ... you didn't win ... so do and did lots of others - and not just this competition ... I mean any competiton you take time to do or enter .... I just don't understand the hatred for Mika seeping out of this post ... How dare he not let you win .... sorry ... lynch me if you like ... but if that's the kind of fan you are ... than fickle much ... I think Mika can do without fans like that .... sorry ... but I'm competely flummoxed by this attitude .... I don't even want to understand it ....

You know ... after re-reading this about 5-10 times .... I have to say it leaves me completely :blink: and :boxed: I don't understand half the replys either ... the we understand how you feel bit etc etc etc ... cos' I don't understand actually .... You entered a competition ... you didn't win ... so do and did lots of others - and not just this competition ... I mean any competiton you take time to do or enter .... I just don't understand the hatred for Mika seeping out of this post ... How dare he not let you win .... sorry ... lynch me if you like ... but if that's the kind of fan you are ... than fickle much ... I think Mika can do without fans like that .... sorry ... but I'm competely flummoxed by this attitude .... I don't even want to understand it ....

I second this. To be honest, I think this is a very immature response and if this is the way you're gonna handle real life situations, then good luck to you

I second this. To be honest, I think this is a very immature response and if this is the way you're gonna handle real life situations, then good luck to you

+1

I really wans't going to comment on this any but after seeing these comments I had to agree.

Love you Bianca but....I dunno....this seems a bit riduculous to me :blink:

I don't want to be rude, but I think you set yourself up for failure. Entering the competition expecting to win and have Mika acknowledge your work in a "grand" way is not the way to go about it, I think. It's also kind of insulting to the other people who entered the competition, because they put a lot of time (maybe more than you) and effort into their videos, just like you did. Personally I don't think Mika did anything wrong whatsoever, he didn't promise YOU anything. He didn't promise anyone anything, except there would be a prize and there would be winners.

That being said, it upsets me to think you're leaving because of this. You do have talent and your video was very good, I liked it a lot. You can still stay around the MFC, but just avoid the Mika news by playing games with us (word association etc). And there's always MSN and MySpace like other people said.

Maybe after you've calmed down and had time to think about everything rationally, you can come back. Or not, that's up to you.

Yes it doesn't seem fair that he chose a video like that when the rules were to dance around in your room to WAG, which is precisely what we did, but what about all the others things Mika has done for you?

Really now? I thought you were supposed to do your own interpretation of it, which doesn't mean you had to be in your room. Most people, I'd say, did though. :naughty:

----------

Sorry if I'm coming across as a b**ch, but that's what I honestly think and have to say.

Edited by iadoremika

In august I made myself this video which is my masterpiece so far and I knew that I wanted to win this because I would really like to meet him and tell him this little story (without any other obstacles between us) and get feed back from him that "Oh that's amazing!". That's all I really wanted and needed. :tears:

Aww B, listen...just because Mika didn't choose yours doesn't mean your video isn't amazing. Like the rest of us, you spent a lot of time working on it and just because we weren't chosen as winners doesn't mean making them was a waste. We each made our own cool little videos and I don't feel I've wasted any time by making my video. I'm actually really proud of mine, and I don't really care if Mika liked it or not. I did, so ha. :shun:

I know you want to be mad at Mika, but you shouldn't. He has his personal tastes (which I don't understand most of the time) and we just have to accept that. Be proud of what you made, regardless of what Mika thinks. There will always be more competitions, I'm sure. Chin up. :huglove:

bianca, i hope your parents help you in understanding which are priorities in life...one needs that at 17.

you have to focus on your future and your relationship life, building up your brand new life...pls. don't be crashed. feel proud of your work and move on. i'm sure your parents will help you see it straight.

and yes, maybe you need a real break, this seems to have become a real obsession for you and it's not sane.

First, dealing with disappointment is like dealing with heartbreak. When the person you really love dumps you for no good reason, you have nowhere to vent your feelings or direct your anger, so you feel like you want to hurt them and/or express how much you hate them. It really physically hurts. And I think it sounds like, Bianca, like you invested as much of yourself in your Mika obsession as you would have in a real-life LOVE situation.

But Mika doesn't really know any of us. Mika doesn't care about us, personally. He is a singer who many people idolize. He is not your boyfriend who has just dumped you. This obsession is a one-way street. For all of us.

So I know it's hard, but you have to try to keep some rational perspective. And if you cannot keep that perspective, support from your friends and family when you come crashing down with disappointment should help.

As you get older, you will realise there are times when the only things for you to do is to get a thicker skin. If entering competitions makes you react like this every time, then stand back and look at the situation, and say to yourself, You know what, I am not going to enter, because I know I always collapse in a heap for a month when I lose. Pick the things you like to do because you LIKE doing them, not because you think you will be chosen as a winner by forces which are OF COURSE beyond your control.

And seriously, your obession with Mika should have taught you something in all this. He constantly had doors slammed in his face as he tried to make it into a record company. And in one interview he says, You know what, there are always other doors.

You cannot control others. You can only control your reaction to others. So you need to teach yourself to react in a healthy way. For some people it is really hard to do this. There are actually lots of great books about this around. Try to strengthen your emotional core, so that you don't always completely fall apart like this. It really helps in other aspects of your life too.

/end mothering lecture.

Bianka, I think you reasoning the fact that you're 17 to be one of the reasons why it's hard for you, that's not completely fair. I've just turned 18 and I'm not as down as you are. I don't know you personally, but for me, worse things have happened in real life and I've learned to relativate situations. This is a competition and yes, I've put time and effort in it and yes it was disappointing that I didn't win anything, but you have to deal with that. It's not like we're all going to die now.

One time, I wanted to go to a show of a famous comedian. I went to get tickets but the man said they were all sold out in the first minute. I was very very upset and I told my dad. He just said: "That my dear, is a disappointment. Deal with it." And I did. And a few weeks later, I had tickets for the show in another city.

Sometimes you fall. You have 2 choices. To stay on the floor and whine about in how much pain you are or you can either get up and finish the fight. The struggle to reach your goal might be longer and tougher, but in the end the feeling of accomplishment is so much more rewarding.

I think you give up to soon and I think it's not fair to blame Mika for that. This is not his problem, it's yours.

I still understand. I have had my: "I have had it with Mika" moments too. But I am in my 30ths so perhaps better able to deal with it (hopefully :bleh:). I have had to take a break and focus on my own life too. Don't we all, every now and then?

And she did write this in the heat of the moment. I agree, it is overreacted but sometimes you just need to ventilate.

And I second everything Blue Sky wrote :wink2:.

Ok, here we go:

First I would just like to tell you guys, what happened to me since I left yesterday.

I went to see "2012" thinking: "Oh yeah exactly what I needed! :doh:" Suprisingly it was...(I know it's a bit weird to say that) But I thought that...you know...I have had my happiest moments thanks to Mika('s music) and life is too short to give up on those that will come just because of a thing that perhaps wasn't entirely up to him you know...

In the morning I woke up and I felt relieved. Since 20th of September, I could feel my moral going down a very bumpy slope because of all this waiting and how I was anticipating every day the moment of winning this. I mean I was so certain I would win this, that the option of not winning it was completely out for me. WHich wasn't healthy at all, but just because I haven't told it to anyone who could've told me that it's not OK...I think I just went too far with it...and honestly I'm very very sorry for what I've said and I shouldn't have, but I take full responsibility for it! :( I said what I felt here because I just wanted to shout those things yesterday, but couldn't.

Right back at you!:wub2::roftl:

I forgot to say to B!anca: Please don't disappear from the forum, the friendship and all the fun we have here is so much more than chasing a curly head pop tart!:thumb_yello:

Don't you think?:wink2:

Indeed.

Bianka, you don't have to speak for me. Yes, I also wanted to be a winner, but I'm not. Does that mean Mika thought our videos sucked? No, it just means he prefered others. And I can live with that. Life is full of disappointments, but it will only make you stronger and next time, you will come with an even better video. This is not a reason to condemn Mika.

Yeah, I'm sorry I did that...I really shouldn't! Please accept my aplogies, Ingie!

It really isn't and I feel bad for doing it!

And Bianka, I'm gonna be a bit harsh now, but you want to make a career in the media world, creating videos and stuff. Well, if you can't stand losing this competition, then I'm going to be blunt and say you won't survive in the media world at all, because it's tough and you get kicked out on the street as fast as you walked in through the door. Trust me. It's time to get some backbone and say: Ok, maybe I didn't win this time, but I'm not gonna let this get me down.

I'm not gonna burn all my posters and destroy everything Mika related here. As one of my favorites quotes from The Godfather says: "It's not personal, it's strictly business"

I KNOW! This is perhaps just another way to thicken my skin, which I think it's fine. Part of career-building I suppose, which noone else could've taught me at the moment!

I looked back over my post, and no...I don't even feel like it is me who wrote that! I just tend to hate Mika from time to time...when all the things I do regarding him, kindof affect my life (for example: going to his gigs on my UNI money) but it passes so quickly.

That really hurt, Laurel! :boxed:

You've been here since april and this is your second break already? :blink: Maybe you're right and the whole mika-world / stuff just isn't good for you.

Best of luck.

That hurt twice! :boxed:

It was! I didn't say it wasn't. I just don't know how to deal with things like this...I have to learn.

+1

I really wans't going to comment on this any but after seeing these comments I had to agree.

Love you Bianca but....I dunno....this seems a bit riduculous to me :blink:

It was for me too...

I don't want to be rude, but I think you set yourself up for failure. Entering the competition expecting to win and have Mika acknowledge your work in a "grand" way is not the way to go about it, I think.

Personally I don't think Mika did anything wrong whatsoever, he didn't promise YOU anything. He didn't promise anyone anything, except there would be a prize and there would be winners.

That was the biggest mistake from the very begginning!

He sure didn't! He just chose what he liked: toys! :naughty:

I know you want to be mad at Mika, but you shouldn't. He has his personal tastes (which I don't understand most of the time) and we just have to accept that. Be proud of what you made, regardless of what Mika thinks. There will always be more competitions, I'm sure. Chin up. :huglove:

No, I really shouldn't!

bianca, i hope your parents help you in understanding which are priorities in life...one needs that at 17.

you have to focus on your future and your relationship life, building up your brand new life...pls. don't be crashed. feel proud of your work and move on. i'm sure your parents will help you see it straight.

and yes, maybe you need a real break, this seems to have become a real obsession for you and it's not sane.

My mum is very involved in my Mika-life. She actually helped me greatly last evening talking this out and even enlisted me the things I should be looking better after than ONLY Mika...trust me it is a loooooong list! and I haven't even realised that until yesterday. So I should get myself busy and keep my mind off Mika.

I am VERY proud of my work!

It has become an obsession, yes! But only this last period when I've been waiting for this results. Until I've done that video everything was just Ok. And it looks to me like this is how it is going to be from now on too. Things have come back to normal. I just feel like literally a weight has been lifted off my shoulders!

1. First, dealing with disappointment is like dealing with heartbreak. When the person you really love dumps you for no good reason, you have nowhere to vent your feelings or direct your anger, so you feel like you want to hurt them and/or express how much you hate them. It really physically hurts. And I think it sounds like, Bianca, like you invested as much of yourself in your Mika obsession as you would have in a real-life LOVE situation.

2.As you get older, you will realise there are times when the only things for you to do is to get a thicker skin. If entering competitions makes you react like this every time, then stand back and look at the situation, and say to yourself, You know what, I am not going to enter, because I know I always collapse in a heap for a month when I lose. Pick the things you like to do because you LIKE doing them, not because you think you will be chosen as a winner by forces which are OF COURSE beyond your control.

3.And seriously, your obession with Mika should have taught you something in all this. He constantly had doors slammed in his face as he tried to make it into a record company. And in one interview he says, You know what, there are always other doors.

4.You cannot control others. You can only control your reaction to others. So you need to teach yourself to react in a healthy way. For some people it is really hard to do this. There are actually lots of great books about this around. Try to strengthen your emotional core, so that you don't always completely fall apart like this. It really helps in other aspects of your life too.

/end mothering lecture.

1. aaaand I know why I did so too. I have a sort of like an age crisis...because I can't seem to be able to find myself a bf :blush-anim-cl: and I was even telling my mum: when I'm at school, when I'm at rehearsals, I don't even know who Mika is. Mika for me is like a full-time occupation AT HOME! That's where I feel like I can do/think about/write about/talk about Mika.

2.That's actually what I'm teaching myself to do now. Not going after prizes. I was actually thinking yesterday: so, if I would've won, what? I mean I would've gone and talked to him and then what? I guess I really GOT carried away by a fantasy...

3. Yeah!! It really should've.

Oh and please, don't call me "obbsessed" anymore! :crybaby: because I don't want to be and I'll prove you that I'm not (I mean in the future, beyond this sad episode)

4. I will really try to work this out, because this won't be my last failure!

Bianka, I think you reasoning the fact that you're 17 to be one of the reasons why it's hard for you, that's not completely fair. I've just turned 18 and I'm not as down as you are. I don't know you personally, but for me, worse things have happened in real life and I've learned to relativate situations. This is a competition and yes, I've put time and effort in it and yes it was disappointing that I didn't win anything, but you have to deal with that. It's not like we're all going to die now.

I think you give up to soon and I think it's not fair to blame Mika for that. This is not his problem, it's yours.

I should really grow up. I mean in this way, of dealing with things I really want but can't get.

AS a conclusion here are my decisions I'm really looking forward to follow:

1) I will reduce the amount of "Mika" and keep it as a "hobby" just like it used to be.

2) enjoy the happy moments I have because of him

3) won't set my expectations too high anymore

4)stop complaining so loudly about unimportant things (I mean there are more important things in life than Mika's choices. :naughty: )

5) thicken my skin

6) go to the gigs because there are other things to enjoy there too!

7) get a life! :aah:

Edited by B!anka

Ok, here we go:

First I would just like to tell you guys, what happened to me since I left yesterday.

I went to see "2012" thinking: "Oh yeah exactly what I needed! :doh:" Suprisingly it was...(I know it's a bit weird to say that) But I thought that...you know...I have had my happiest moments thanks to Mika('s music) and life is too short to give up on those that will come just because of a thing that perhaps wasn't entirely up to him you know...

In the morning I woke up and I felt relieved. Since 20th of September, I could feel my moral going down a very bumpy slope because of all this waiting and how I was anticipating every day the moment of winning this. I mean I was so certain I would win this, that the option of not winning it was completely out for me. WHich wasn't healthy at all, but just because I haven't told it to anyone who could've told me that it's not OK...I think I just went too far with it...and honestly I'm very very sorry for what I've said and I shouldn't have, but I take full responsibility for it! :( I said what I felt here because I just wanted to shout those things yesterday, but couldn't.

Indeed.

Yeah, I'm sorry I did that...I really shouldn't! Please accept my aplogies, Ingie!

It really isn't and I feel bad for doing it!

I KNOW! This is perhaps just another way to thicken my skin, which I think it's fine. Part of career-building I suppose, which noone else could've taught me at the moment!

I looked back over my post, and no...I don't even feel like it is me who wrote that! I just tend to hate Mika from time to time...when all the things I do regarding him, kindof affect my life (for example: going to his gigs on my UNI money) but it passes so quickly.

That really hurt, Laurel! :boxed:

That hurt twice! :boxed:

It was! I didn't say it wasn't. I just don't know how to deal with things like this...I have to learn.

It was for me too...

Sorry if what I wrote upset you ... I was just trying to figure out where you were coming from ... and honestly had to say that I didn't .... sorry I was abit blunt - but I'm glad to see you back again :huglove: