• Good Gone Girl
    • Touches You
    • By The Time
    • One Foot Boy
    • Toy Boy
    • Pick Up Off The Floor
    • I like Them All The Same
    • Lady Jane - Bonus Track

Not gonna vote on this, because I have a tiebreak situation, between I See You, which I fell in love with just from the snippets from Mikas Myspace sampler and Touches You, which is just so addictively catchy, I can't get it out of my head.:naughty:

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same with me. I couldn't even listen to that demo - hated it so much for different reasons (:sneaky2:)

But the recorded version is different and even the melody has been fixed at the part that used to drive me nuts.

However, perhaps it was always Mika's idea to turn it into this music-hall type of song with ragtime piano ...

well, he definitely chose the right people to work with on that song.:thumb_yello: I love it.:mf_lustslow:

I think it is no coincidence it was replaced with another song on US editions... (you know the story, Walmart wouldn’t sell it...etc :wink2: )

Ragtime - that's it! That's the term I was trying to get in my head, but all I kept thinking was New Orleans....:naughty:

I really like Loverboy too. Shame it's not listed in the poll. Although, as much as I like it, it won't surpass my liking for One Foot Boy just yet anyway. :teehee:

I have Loverboy as a bonus on my Canadian deluxe version that I bought yesterday in a Canadian HMV store.:biggrin2:

Ragtime - that's it! That's the term I was trying to get in my head, but all I kept thinking was New Orleans....:naughty:

I really like Loverboy too. Shame it's not listed in the poll. Although, as much as I like it, it won't surpass my liking for One Foot Boy just yet anyway. :teehee:

I have Loverboy as a bonus on my Canadian deluxe version that I bought yesterday in a Canadian HMV store.:biggrin2:

Ok dont rub it in :roftl::naughty:

I'm sending you some original ragtime music so that you will definitely remember:wink2:

:biggrin2:

PS: hope you noticed why I chose this one

Edited by suzie

Ok dont rub it in :roftl::naughty:

Whaddaya mean? You didn't get it on your album? :blink:

*rub-a-dub-dub* :naughty:

I'm sending you some original ragtime music so that you will definitely remember:wink2:

*opens link to listen*

at the moment i can not stop listening to toy boy and pick up off the floor. these two are on repeat.

i mean, i can't be objective just yet, cause rain, we are golden, blame it on the girls & dr. john are not new to me, so i don't count these.

i voted for toy boy, i think pick up off the floor is actually winning in my head right now (cause it's on now haha)

i voted for toy boy, i think pick up off the floor is actually winning in my head right now (cause it's on now haha)

:yay: Toy Boy has 3 votes now :kachinga:

.. I did the opposite voted for PUOTF and before I realised Toy Boy was not getting enough votes..:teehee:

wow isnt it funny how WAG only got one and that was the single , shows the single is not always the best song on the album more an attention grabber

:dunno:

To me it shows something else ...:mf_rosetinted:

Your theory might work for Robbie's new album though:wink2:

eeeeeeeeeeh!!!!!:mf_lustslow::aah: i can't get over how awsome the new album is its sexual lol. touches you is awsome, omg i see you it brings a tear to my eye is incredible. Rain also a favourite aaaaah:aah: theres to many lol :roftl::wub2: btw is "i see you" the finished version of the studio version "i'm falling" they sound similar

It's very difficult to pick a favourite, but I've gone with Toy Boy for a couple of simple reasons.

Firstly, it deals with a subject matter I'm quite sensitive to - being about homosexuality and homophobia (it seems), and I have a couple of gay friends who struggled with being such.

Secondly, and I later saw an interview in which Mika actually voiced the thoughts I had while listening to it - he called it 'empowerment'; the combination of heavy, serious lyrics with upbeat music. He also said in that interview (the making of this album) that it's rapidly becoming his 'signature', something I would have said about this element of his work long before now.

So in short, it's basically that I feel this song best represents the signature style of Mika's music so far. It's genius. :wub2:

Edited by Nollaig

So in short, it's basically that I feel this song best represents the signature style of Mika's music so far. It's genius. :wub2:

..just wante to quote you so that you can find my reply.

There is a thread on Toy Boy we started back in April (actually, there was even a thread before that as well)

..you might want to read some of our thoughts on that song:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18249

BTW, have you heard the live version of it as well? I think it actually supports the meaning of the song better than the studio version:wink2:

No! I haven't heard the live version, care to point me in roughly the right direction? :thumb_yello:

I'm going to head on over to that thread later, as I want to read all the way through it. Thanks!

Toy Boy is THE song that converted me - I'd always liked Mika superficially (listening to the occasional song) - but the particular piece of musical mastery that is Toy Boy is what made me decide I want to get to really know Mika and his work. :biggrin2: So I'll be dedicating time to that thread.