Free Fan Show Monday 21.09.2009

Kasia_xxx

Well he did sell out to around 18 thousand people last time he played properly in London, so yes. Plus it's free. People will go for that.

If he can pack out the secret gig in LA where he's not really know and doesn't sell so many records, he sure as hell can in London.

true...

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just checked flights and even if I got a really early one I can't guareentee that I would get there in time (with connections). it is VERY frustrating........yes, it is a freebie so it is going to attract a lot of interest but if we break our necks to get there and then don't getthe tickets anyway it will be even more depressing :shocked:

didn't Mika also do something like that when LICM came out?

i remember seeing vids of people with cells waiting to find out where the gig was etc.... ?

do we know if this is a full gig?

That was the Vodaphone TBA in Manchester.

Wow no good deed goes unpunished eh? :boxed:

I hate to break it to everyone here but Mika has 6 million paying fans. He never said anything about putting this show on for MFC. There were 18,000 people at the London shows on his tour in 2008 and there will be plenty of album-buying, concert-ticket-buying fans who will benefit from this free gig.

Yes it would be nice for all of us in far flung places if he played in our backyard according to our schedule but he had to play somewhere and this day it happens to be in London so the people who can be in London will be the lucky ones. That's life. :dunno:

The idea that Mika has to give weeks or months notice for a free gig of 700 is ludicrous because the laws of supply and demand dictate that most of the people who could turn up with that kind of advanced notice are not going to get a ticket anyway.

When Mika gives months notice it's called a tour. And when he tours you can expect him to play from 10,000 to 20,000+ people. If you want to see him (for free!!!!) in a venue of 700 people then you need to be prepared to drop everything and go.

Some of you can, some of you can't. It is not up to Mika to sort out which category you fall into. He's there giving a free gig and you can take it or leave it.

Sometimes I think Mika fans are the most petty, ungrateful moany lot of people I have ever encountered. Jeezus!!!! :aah:

The sooner he stops pissing about with free gigs and calls it a tour the better then

He's been telling everyone for months that the tour is coming in the new year and so it will.

If he wants to throw the occasional special gig in the meantime how can anyone complain about that. Would you prefer that he didn't and there were no gigs between now and February for anyone in Europe? :aah:

He's been telling everyone for months that the tour is coming in the new year and so it will.

If he wants to throw the occasional special gig in the meantime how can anyone complain about that. Would you prefer that he didn't and there were no gigs between now and February for anyone in Europe? :aah:

Just for once, I'm all good about this, I'll be there at 10am:naughty:

Just hope they have chocolate sprinkles, or is that asking too much?

I've sent a tweet to him, for all the good it'll do. But I tried.

It's not really Mika's problem though is it? It's ours.

If we really really want to go there then we have to pull out the stops and possibly make sacrifices.

To a large degree it's about how much you want to go.

I really really wanted to go to the LA show, but I couldn't justify spending that amount of cash, but that was my choice and my decision.

Make yours, but don't blame Mika.

It's not really Mika's problem though is it? It's ours.

If we really really want to go there then we have to pull out the stops and possibly make sacrifices.

To a large degree it's about how much you want to go.

I really really wanted to go to the LA show, but I couldn't justify spending that amount of cash, but that was my choice and my decision.

I wish you could have come. I need to meet you :aah:

Just for once, I'm all good about this, I'll be there at 10am:naughty:

Just hope they have chocolate sprinkles, or is that asking too much?

Well our first ice cream truck was just frozen bars so you wouldn't have any luck there. :naughty:

Second one was proper ice cream though. $7 for a scoop. :shocked:

Still no sprinkles though :sneaky2:

Wow no good deed goes unpunished eh? :boxed:

I hate to break it to everyone here but Mika has 6 million paying fans. He never said anything about putting this show on for MFC. There were 18,000 people at the London shows on his tour in 2008 and there will be plenty of album-buying, concert-ticket-buying fans who will benefit from this free gig.

Yes it would be nice for all of us in far flung places if he played in our backyard according to our schedule but he had to play somewhere and this day it happens to be in London so the people who can be in London will be the lucky ones. That's life. :dunno:

The idea that Mika has to give weeks or months notice for a free gig of 700 is ludicrous because the laws of supply and demand dictate that most of the people who could turn up with that kind of advanced notice are not going to get a ticket anyway.

When Mika gives months notice it's called a tour. And when he tours you can expect him to play from 10,000 to 20,000+ people. If you want to see him (for free!!!!) in a venue of 700 people then you need to be prepared to drop everything and go.

Some of you can, some of you can't. It is not up to Mika to sort out which category you fall into. He's there giving a free gig and you can take it or leave it.

Sometimes I think Mika fans are the most petty, ungrateful moany lot of people I have ever encountered. Jeezus!!!! :aah:

thank you! i totally agree!

it's a free gig! people who are lucky enough to be able to attend, are expected to drop everything and run!

i don't understand why people are actually upset with mika for doing this, good god! the kid can never do right by everyone. :dunno:

Reality Check people!

The sooner he stops pissing about with free gigs and calls it a tour the better then

Thing is, the free gigs won't affect the tour in any way. They are independent of it. And so far how many have there been? LA in April and now this? So 2 a year?

I'm happy that he does it. I will try and get to it.

Yes, some will say 'oh, you're lucky' but the fact is, I have had to work for it like anyone else-I had to change things around at work that took a lot of effort, in order to get the afternoon off for the POG thing at first, and now I will have to wrangle this one to get there on time.

It's not luck. I am doing it.

I even have to pay out of my own pocket for a work trip that was meant to happen on Monday and that I am postponing to Tue now, because going to the POG filming and now the gig on Monday is worth it for me, so I really fought to change my trip at work.

On Tue, I will have to wake up at 5 am after hardly any sleep and a long day, to travel up to Notthingham for another long day (:biggrin2:work this time) until I get back down to London late on Tuesday. And then of course work normally on Wed. Oh and not to mention that I had to convince MY boss of the change, and then he had to convince HIS boss. It wasn't easy believe me :lmfao:

The reason why I am posting this is not to moan, far from it, as I'm REALLY happy that I can go to these things, and to me paying this price is worth it; I'm just saying it to illustrate the point that I wasn't sitting on my couch having tea and Mika materialised in front of me with some cakes and tickets for Monday :roftl:.

I think that it's great that he does these things, and I am grateful, but some people will always miss out and that is how the cookie crumbles. I don't agree with complaining about it, that's all. We could all sit and moan now about his Paris signing or the Belgian and German showcases, etc, etc...Now THAT is something to be jealous about, no? A mini gig with only a few audience members, in the double digits. Funny how nobody complained about that. I just don't get it :boxed:.

Edited by sariflor

Well our first ice cream truck was just frozen bars so you wouldn't have any luck there. :naughty:

Second one was proper ice cream though. $7 for a scoop. :shocked:

Still no sprinkles though :sneaky2:

As long as I get a chocolate flake, I'll be happy:thumb_yello:

Easily pleased, me:naughty: