Free Fan Show Monday 21.09.2009

Kasia_xxx

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This may go a little way to make up for the Bestival cock up, but I still want an explanation. He's not getting out of it THAT easily.

you know, thinking about this some more, andy is not the one in charge of who goes on stage. he may have had great intentions, but in the end, he didn't have the final say. maybe they already had their people & he didn't know :dunno:

you know, thinking about this some more, andy is not the one in charge of who goes on stage. he may have had great intentions, but in the end, he didn't have the final say. maybe they already had their people & he didn't know :dunno:

That's true, but Mika would have, and therefore shouldn't have said it on the vlog. Or at least Twittered that they didn't need anyone anymore, and that would have been okay.

What is their style, then?

Classical

15th & 16th century unaccompanied polyphonic church music - Palestrina, Lassus, Tallis, etc.

and

20th & 21st century unaccompanied choral music - Arvo Part, Britten, Schnittke, Tavener, and lots of composers no-one has ever heard of :teehee:

and sometimes from the 17th, 18th & 19th centuries as well :thumb_yello:

Yeeees!

Let's have a party here! It was such fun when the Scala gig happened.

I felt part of the show and the excitement, even though I was only enjoying teh online news and reports :teehee::blush-anim-cl:

Sorry I will miss the virtual gig this time...not like me...but we have a 5 day weekend, first time ever in September...so we are off to visit other parts of Japan.

There will be so much to catch up on!! :aah:

Classical

15th & 16th century unaccompanied polyphonic church music - Palestrina, Lassus, Tallis, etc.

and

20th & 21st century unaccompanied choral music - Arvo Part, Britten, Schnittke, Tavener, and lots of composers no-one has ever heard of :teehee:

and sometimes from the 17th, 18th & 19th centuries as well :thumb_yello:

Oh. Indeed never heard of....makes me feel slighty stupid:blush-anim-cl:

Hmm...dilemma.... I'm supposed to be driving to Worcester on Monday afternoon as I'm in training there on Tuesday morning....I could drive up afterwards...the roads will be quieter.....I'll see what the Sun has to say tomorrow.

YAY!!!

Be good to see you:wink2:

*sigh*

Yes, it's just a sad fact that last minute stuff like this is not an option for us parents is it. :sneaky2:. Even if this show was ten miles down the road from me it'd still be a problem. It's not a case of taking a day off work. You can't take a day off from your kids :naughty:. Unless you have an endless supply of free, last-minute babysitters!! Maybe some people do, but most of us don't, do we. :dunno:

I don't let it get to me now because there is nothing I can do and at the end of the day..there'll be other times :thumb_yello:.

Agree with you there, another one of those with a child so cannot drop everything. My poor hubby was fab for Sadler's Wells and Blackpool, I couldn't have done either without him. Just need to hang on for the tour and then hubby gets to see him too (he is also a fan, just not as fanatical as me !!)

Can I join the party online ? :biggrin2:

What a dilemma my train ticket returning from london is at 8.30pm....to go to this concert i may need a later train ticket :boxed:

or a hotel and an early morning train ticket as i have work at 3pm:sneaky2:

*takes me ages to get ready for work*

What a dilemma my train ticket returning from london is at 8.30pm....to go to this concert i may need a later train ticket :boxed:

or a hotel and an early morning train ticket as i have work at 3pm:sneaky2:

*takes me ages to get ready for work*

Daisys staying over.

I'm a flight attendant:naughty: I'll pm you in a sec.

What a very kind and thoughtful gesture, (oh I :wub2: MFC) I can't go to Paul O Grady OR this extra gig due to the nasty fact that I have to celebrate my 25th silver wedding aniversary with my husband NO FAIR!!:badmood: he really didn't take it too wel when I suggested we don't go away and I go to see Mika instead haha.