Well said and I must say Ive been holding back

Its an insult to the people that actually wanted this so much for the Aussies and pushed for it and now many who are non Aussie are so over the moon.

Im done on this , not interested and insulted at the people that tried

Well.. You both have me on msn. And you know I'd explain things if I can.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Id like things explained actually , I dont actually get "hurt" by things but the overall feeling for many reasons makes me feel "hurt" wrt Aussies in general

I will take it off line :thumb_yello:

Its not a case of hmmmm whats the word hate or anything (wrong word cant think of a better word) , its just the whole collection of things added up

MSN as you say is easier , I cant type it all here , and some of my comments may be injustified

FYI, I was the one who made the 'too little too late' and 'what's the point?' tags and it wasn't referring to the presale at all but about Mika's one gig in two years and how I've lost interest since then. As a mod you can see the post that I deleted in which I made that statement anyway. I deleted it, though, because I didn't want to change the tone of the RSVP thread in which others are happy into something negative. But I guess that's happened without my help anyway.

Thanks I appreciate your clarification, but I'm still having a hard time understanding why someone would tag the thread saying that the mfc presale is useless.

If people don't want to take advantage of the presale that is their prerogative but I think that kind of passive aggressive nonsense is uncalled for under the circumstances.

Well, all I can say is that I hope this doesn't leave a sour taste in the mouths of the majority because it's pretty clear most people were appreciative of the presale. We asked for it and we got it. They were on sale before anyone else's and they allowed people to get their Magic Numbers. Though, I'm not sure if everyone was aware that they could get Magic Numbers because it wasn't mentioned. Anyway, I'm not very familiar with presales but overall I'd classify that as a success. :thumb_yello:

Edited by S&M

Sorry I have to get to work so I'm making this (sort of) brief...

We know. But if we hadn't have said anything it would not have happened at all and then we'd be arguing in a very long and tedious thread about fair treatment for all MFCers. We could do that if you want? I personally, can't be assed.

This is not true and perhaps we are remiss in not explaining how these things seem to be working. (There are always variables and nothing is written in stone but I can give you some background).

When the first presale came about for the acoustic tour we were told that Mika wanted to put aside a certain percentage of tickets (I think it was maybe 30%?) for his fans. In fact I think the term Team Mika used was that Mika "insisted" so I got the impression that he may have even gotten some resistance on the size of the allotment of presale tickets and still pushed for it.

What this amounted to was a Mikasounds presale where a large block of the very best tickets in the house were reserved for fans. MFC wanted to get involved at this point because we wanted to see if we could get an advance on this general presale because we knew that any joe blow who happened to be on the Mikasounds mailing list would be able to buy tickets.

Sometimes this happens and sometimes it doesn't, but we are at the stage now where Team Mika appears to be attempting to make this happen in every case. There was a misunderstanding with Universal last time that caused problems with the link being distributed too early for the North American presale.

In the case of the Aussie sale there was such a short window between the MFC presale at 12 pm and the Ticketek presale at 3 pm they decided to just do the MFC and Mikasounds presales simultaneously. Since this was a general admission gig we knew this wouldn't present any problems for MFCers and you'd all get your tickets without any problems so there was no need to push them any further on this.

These Mikasounds presales are happening at the Team Mika level at Mika's insistence and MFC is only getting involved to see that we can get the best possible advantage for our members here over the general membership of Mikasounds.

In other words you don't need to complain to see that it happens. The wheels are already in motion for these presales before we even have confirmation of tour dates.

I wrote "uggghhhhhfb" which was my secret way of being excited about the gig :naughty: It's basically the boff smiley. :mf_boff:

:lmfao: Awesome. :naughty:

Bottom line for me

1) Id like the aussies to feel and be more part of the MFC again , you know from day one what a massive part of the community I though you were

and

2) Talk to the mod team direct , we are here to help ,we all hate to see our named being thread checked when we are here to help

Mika shaking his cute ass in front of you all will do the rest , and hopefully we can get some meet type thing going will bring it all together :biggrin2:

Seems like a bad time to ask this seemingly it is out of the current topic on this thread, but want to find out if anyone has an extra presale ticket? Or if anyone knows if it makes a difference if I buy it later?

Sorry I have to get to work so I'm making this (sort of) brief...

This is not true and perhaps we are remiss in not explaining how these things seem to be working. (There are always variables and nothing is written in stone but I can give you some background).

When the first presale came about for the acoustic tour we were told that Mika wanted to put aside a certain percentage of tickets (I think it was maybe 30%?) for his fans. In fact I think the term Team Mika used was that Mika "insisted" so I got the impression that he may have even gotten some resistance on the size of the allotment of presale tickets and still pushed for it.

What this amounted to was a Mikasounds presale where a large block of the very best tickets in the house were reserved for fans. MFC wanted to get involved at this point because we wanted to see if we could get an advance on this general presale because we knew that any joe blow who happened to be on the Mikasounds mailing list would be able to buy tickets.

Sometimes this happens and sometimes it doesn't, but we are at the stage now where Team Mika appears to be attempting to make this happen in every case. There was a misunderstanding with Universal last time that caused problems with the link being distributed too early for the North American presale.

In the case of the Aussie sale there was such a short window between the MFC presale at 12 pm and the Ticketek presale at 3 pm they decided to just do the MFC and Mikasounds presales simultaneously. Since this was a general admission gig we knew this wouldn't present any problems for MFCers and you'd all get your tickets without any problems so there was no need to push them any further on this.

These Mikasounds presales are happening at the Team Mika level at Mika's insistence and MFC is only getting involved to see that we can get the best possible advantage for our members here over the general membership of Mikasounds.

In other words you don't need to complain to see that it happens. The wheels are already in motion for these presales before we even have confirmation of tour dates.

Thanks for explaining that. It did seem like we weren't being acknowledged. But I can see it from the "Surprise" angle now. :naughty:

:lmfao: Awesome. :naughty:

Let's pretend I never admitted that. :teehee:

Thanks for explaining that Christine.

Am still totally buggered with the flu ... but will post in the Aussie thread now.

:huglove:

Bottom line for me

1) Id like the aussies to feel and be more part of the MFC again , you know from day one what a massive part of the community I though you were

and

2) Talk to the mod team direct , we are here to help ,we all hate to see our named being thread checked when we are here to help

Mika shaking his cute ass in front of you all will do the rest , and hopefully we can get some meet type thing going will bring it all together :biggrin2:

:lmfao: Oh, Freddie!! I love when you say you think Mika's got a cute ass!!

And, Yes! yes! We are in agreement about the rest. :wink2:

Seems like a bad time to ask this seemingly it is out of the current topic on this thread, but want to find out if anyone has an extra presale ticket? Or if anyone knows if it makes a difference if I buy it later?

It's a good time. All sorted. Ask in the Aussie thread. :wink2:

Bottom line for me

and

FREDDIESDOUBLE!!!!! Did you just make me :wub2::mf_lustslow::biggrin2::insane::bow::bow::drunk_sing::groupwave::band:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:stretcher:

:partytime2:

Wow - even the possibility is incredible! Thank you for saying it!!!!

Well, as much as I hate unpleasantness, I'm glad it got addressed. I've been embarrassed about those tags being on this thread, because it made it seem like the whole of the Aussies felt that way, which is not the case at all.

But I hadn't got around to saying anything, when there's so much going on over the whole of the forum.

In the sense of all Aussies being tarred with the same brush though, I do feel a little unjustly accused of sitting in my thread and not contributing to the forum. Actually, a little more than unjustly accused, but I can understand that it is perhaps not always tactful to point out exactly who you mean with comments like that, and the rest of us have just got to wear it and try not to take offence.

OK, I've said my piece. Just needed to get it off my chest.

And FD, if you keep throwing too many more hints like that our way, I just may explode out of sheer excitement. I feel like I've come close to exploding several times in the last few days. I'm amazed that I'm not in hospital being treated for cardiac arrest.:naughty:

I don't really have any clue what you are talking about. So I will just stay here in the blissful unaware :D

I posted this in the aussie thread but will again here.

Got this this about the presale tickets...

"Hi

The promoter has confirmed that the Enmore is split into two halves but that all tickets bought through our store are in the front section.

Thanks

Helen@sandbag"

So I am just 100% jumping out of my skin excited and thankful for the MFC :D

Can I ask what the tags on this thread are all about?

A couple of people here demanded a presale and that's what they got, although from what I can tell they didn't even bother to take advantage of it.

Unless my information is incorrect it was not too little too late. The tickets through Sandbag were available before any tickets were available from any other source. Is this not the case?

I heard your demands that you want to be treated like every other MFCer. Well guess what, this is exactly how all the other presales go. Announcements come at the 11th hour and presales take place at the same time.

If anything you'd been given MORE advanced notice than the Europeans and North Americans. For the first tour MFCers didn't even know what the announcement was about. News of a tour, dates and the link to the presale happened simultaneously.

It seems to me that some people don't want to be treated like other MFCers at all, you seem to think you're entitled to some kind of special treatment. Why you think you're entitled to that when you hide in your thread and bitch and moan about Mika, Team Mika and the moderators and contribute nothing else to the general MFC I can't even begin to imagine.

Even though people are prob over this, I'm just going to quickly explain, as one of the ones who did frontier presale.

As I had uni until 2 and wasn't home till 2:30ish, frontier presale just was at a better time for me. I'm glad the others got to use the mfc presale, as they deserve it, and would prob have used it myself if the times had worked out well with my own :wink2::naughty:

And if I don't seem excited, it's prob just because its been so long, and with one disappointment already that it seems too surreal to be excited. I'm sure by the time it gets closer I'll be among those bouncing up and down in excitement (and I am excited about having another reason to hang out with some of my fave mfcers as well as meet some new ones)

If no one does have a spare, there should be no difference buying them on the monday, as long as you get standing front section :wink2::thumb_yello:

it says on their website that it's also given out in melbourne and brisbane... :wink2:

but will ask my friend if she got it. she hasn't got a scanner, but might be able to take pix with her camera.

Ooooh... well there you go! All I know about it is that I don't get it...

I'm so excited ^_^ this will be my first Mika concert as I was unable to attend in 2007.

I bought my boyfriend and I tickets the moment pre-sale opened hehe take THAT uni class I should have been in!!!

We'll be coming down from Newcastle and staying the night in Sydney. It'll be good to see the droves of the MFC that flock to the Enmore

Of course... uni's not THAT important..

At one stage could I get a contact number from you so I can call or sms you with details or changes of plans? I'll give you my number back as well...

Can I ask what the tags on this thread are all about?

A couple of people here demanded a presale and that's what they got, although from what I can tell they didn't even bother to take advantage of it.

Its an insult to the people that actually wanted this so much for the Aussies and pushed for it and now many who are non Aussie are so over the moon.

I really like and respect you guys but I have to say something about this... and I want you to know that I am not intending to start an argument, I just feel that I need to say something.

I have no idea about the tags... what people put as tags is their business and I'm not going to tell them to take them off... a great example is the tag in the Australian thread that says "reinstate rainbow sky"... I don't like that, I feel guilty enough about taking over RBSKY's job as it is, but I'm not going to ask anyone to remove it.

I'm not even going to get into who didn't do the MFC presale... it's up tp them... at any rate, I thought it went pretty well.

And, I'm quite insulted and upset at what you said Freddie. I really am. You know how hard I worked on that petition and for you to suggest that no-one, including myself, is excited and grateful for what you and the mods did for us is very insulting.

*breathes*

Okay... now I'm good... and like I said, I just had to say something because I felt like you were having a go at all the Aussies. I still love you Christine and Freddie! :huglove:

Bottom line for me

and

Yeah, well... I'll be damn lucky if I even get to go, cause at this stage I have to choose between a job and a Mika concert... unless Mika starts paying us to go to concerts, I might have to choose the job...

Well, as much as I hate unpleasantness, I'm glad it got addressed. I've been embarrassed about those tags being on this thread, because it made it seem like the whole of the Aussies felt that way, which is not the case at all.

But I hadn't got around to saying anything, when there's so much going on over the whole of the forum.

In the sense of all Aussies being tarred with the same brush though, I do feel a little unjustly accused of sitting in my thread and not contributing to the forum. Actually, a little more than unjustly accused, but I can understand that it is perhaps not always tactful to point out exactly who you mean with comments like that, and the rest of us have just got to wear it and try not to take offence.

I agree with you... but it's good that it did get addressed and that there wasn't a big argument... *pats mods and Aussies on the backs for not arguing* :naughty:

I don't really have any clue what you are talking about. So I will just stay here in the blissful unaware :D

I posted this in the aussie thread but will again here.

Got this this about the presale tickets...

"Hi

The promoter has confirmed that the Enmore is split into two halves but that all tickets bought through our store are in the front section.

Thanks

Helen@sandbag"

So I am just 100% jumping out of my skin excited and thankful for the MFC :D

Good idea not to get into it... I've probably just started world war 3 by saying something, but anyway... I felt like I had to say something...

And thaks very much for emailing Sandbag... *huggles*

And if I don't seem excited, it's prob just because its been so long, and with one disappointment already that it seems too surreal to be excited. I'm sure by the time it gets closer I'll be among those bouncing up and down in excitement (and I am excited about having another reason to hang out with some of my fave mfcers as well as meet some new ones)

I'm your fave, right??? :naughty:

Okay, I have a few little tips for going to a Mika concert..

# Take a smallish bag with you - if it's too big you'll be made to put it in the cloak room

# Wear comfy shoes that you've worn before - nothing's worse than having blisters on your feet at a concert

# Sunscreen is a must - you don't want to get sunburnt and have irritating people poking you in the back (trust me, I know!)

# Wear bright clothes - if you get filmed, you'll be able to pick yourself out if the crowd

# If you have a bottle of water, throw it out or hide it before you go in - the security guards will make you get rid of it

# Go to the toilet before the doors open - Sydney people don't really like giving way to people (they didn't like it in 2007 :dunno:)

# Be nice to backstage people, security guards and managers - might tell you where Mika is or (if it's one of the managers) get you backstage :fangurl:

# Bring stuff like your camera, a marker for signing stuff, anything you want signed, pressies for Meeks, you ID, your ticket (well duh! :doh:)

# Hiding your camera might be an idea when the guards search your bags (cleavage can be a good place :naughty:)

# Usually they will let you take photos, but no videos - last time, we could take pictures with the flash off cause they were taping, bit I personally think no flash cause you don't want to blind the boy!

# Don't go crazy with taking pics - there will be heaps of us taking pics so we can share them all around

# Oh, resist the urge to grab Mika... I know how hard it is (and it is very hard! :fangurl::wub2::das:) when he's standing within arm's reach, but we don't want him to think we're weirdos or stalkers...

# oh, another thing... don't yell out really stupid sh!t at him like "I wanna have your babies" or talk during slow songs... we don't want him to think we're weirdos or rude...

# Walk quickly when you get inside the venue - at the very least until you get out of sight of security guards... they will make you come back...

# If someone is trying to push past you, block them - you don't want some little sh!ts trying to get in front of you when you've been in line longer...

Edited by nico_collard
I remembered more!

Oh I didn't know you weren't allowed to take water in!

Yep... In my experience they do... other people might've had different experiences though...

I think there would be lots of bright clothes there. Maybe we can all wear the same colour top or scarves or something so that we stand out as a group.

That's a maybe.. what do the others think?

I just added some more to the bottom of the post...

Edited by nico_collard

I remember being at a Deacon Blue gig with my sister and her friend. The crowd was a bit older than us, early 20's or so. Anyway, my sister's friend yelled out "Ricky, I love you!" at one point. And there was almost this stern response from the stage and a frisson through the crowd that let us know that she'd just transgressed. We were very subdued for the rest of the gig:naughty: