REROUTED: Mika in Leipzig, Germany at Haus Auensee

Christine

Just had official confirmation that this gig is not going to happen. :(

"Due to unforeseen circumstances we have had to re-route some of the tour, making the Leipzig date impossible. We are going to amend all dates online shortly so please take everything as updated and correct as of tomorrow am."

So keep your eyes peeled for possibly more itinerary changes tomorrow.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Due to unforeseen circumstances we have had to re-route some of the tour, making the Leipzig date impossible. We are going to amend all dates online shortly so please take everything as updated and correct as of tomorrow am."

:shocked: does that mean they'll make changes to more gigs? They already re-located the Berlin and Hamburg one to the smaller venues, as well as moving the Frankfurt one to Wiesbaden. :boxed:

:shocked: does that mean they'll make changes to more gigs? They already re-located the Berlin and Hamburg one to the smaller venues, as well as moving the Frankfurt one to Wiesbaden. :boxed:

Not sure, Keti. Best I can tell you is to check online tomorrow -- they'll probably update on both Mikasounds and myspace. :dunno:

Thanks, Deb! I was planning to go to Leipzig, so need to change my plans now.

I got an email from Helen from Sandbag today, the Oslo gig is moved to a smaller venue too.

Not sure, Keti. Best I can tell you is to check online tomorrow -- they'll probably update on both Mikasounds and myspace. :dunno:

Oh dear. I just hope they won't cancel more gigs :boxed: Dunno what's wrong with his German tour! :sad:

Thanks, Deb. :flowers2: I will.

Yuck

I read that as "more dates will change" .. but lets HOPE not :boxed:

That sounds bad. Hope Mika doesn't blame it to himself! More than he could nobody do for promotion!

This may be a bit off topic but maybe it's not all about promotion. Last week I saw a friend and while looking though his music collection I found LICM but no TBWKTM. He had bought the first album even before I had it, btw. I asked him, then how come, he didn't have the new album which is so great. He hesitated, admitted that he didn't want to hurt my feelings but thinking about it now, he thought that LICM was a mispurchase.

So basically what I want to say is not that the second album is weak or that the lack of promotion is the cause of the necessity of that 'derouting'.

I think it's all about GK. I mean that was a masterpiece, so brilliant and different yet catchy, that it had to attract the masses and raise attention on a big scale. And make people buy the album and want to see one of the few gigs in the country. But then, LICM offered quite a variety already and people who were drawn into buying the album because of GK found stuff like Any Other World or Over My Shoulder or Lollipop and Love Today on it, which might have sounded odd to some with GK as a benchmark when it comes to being great but mainstream enough.

So I think even though it's Mika's versatility that characterizes him and makes him so unique, many might prefer something more predictable, and maybe would have been happier with an album containing 10 GKs.

The way The Killers do it for example. They're pretty successful sounding the same over and over again and I kinda like that, too. I wouldn't want Mika to take that route, though.

@violet_sky

That's a good point. However, I still hear songs of LICM all over the place even in Hungary... In shops, for example... but there is absolutely no reason why Rain is not played on the radio / tv at all in many countries.. It might not appeal to the same audience but those songs are all incredibly catchy pop songs so I am absolutely sure there is a much wider possible audience for the second album...

I think it is more likely that the "concept of Mika" is not as strong as the image of Katy Perry, Pink or Lady Gaga , for example, to name but a few.

As for rerouting, I really wonder how it will be explained...I got a mail notifying me about the change of the Berlin venue but nothing so far about Leipzig...

Edited by suzie

i hope that's when they'll finally include the new dates for dublin and paris! :rolls_eyes:

and maybe that re-routing means that he's in fact doing milan on the leipzig date, like he said in that interview. :blink:

"due to unforeseen circumstances" - how i hate pointless expressions like that! :aah::sneaky2:

@violet - yes i'm sure there are people like that. but surely not ALL of those who bought LICM and not TBWKTM yet. some think LICM was a mistake. some haven't heard of TBWKTM yet due to lacking promotion. some might be waiting for a mika song on the radio that they love, to make a decision to buy TBWKTM, some only buy single songs online and no albums anymore - whatever... guess there are many reasons. and we've been through most of them in the charts+sales thread i think. :naughty:

@violet - yes i'm sure there are people like that. but surely not ALL of those who bought LICM and not TBWKTM yet. some think LICM was a mistake. some haven't heard of TBWKTM yet due to lacking promotion. some might be waiting for a mika song on the radio that they love, to make a decision to buy TBWKTM, some only buy single songs online and no albums anymore - whatever... guess there are many reasons. and we've been through most of them in the charts+sales thread i think. :naughty:

:teehee: Oops, I have a real talent for missing the important threads :aah:

And yes, it's for sure a bit of everything. I just wanted to get rid of the traumatising experience that there are really people out there who don't like what I love so much :no::aah:

i hope that's when they'll finally include the new dates for dublin and paris! :rolls_eyes:

and maybe that re-routing means that he's in fact doing milan on the leipzig date, like he said in that interview. :blink:

"due to unforeseen circumstances" - how i hate pointless expressions like that! :aah::sneaky2:

If he is doing Milan on the old Leipzig date, that's a really random jump, unless the whole freakin' tour is being re-routed. Which would suck. :aah:

And I suppose "due to unforseen circumstances" sounds better than "due to the fact that this tour is totally not selling in the way we anticipated, with everyone and her dog buying tickets in Paris and Amsterdam, and no one wanting to see Mika in Germany..." :teehee:

:teehee: Oops, I have a real talent for missing the important threads :aah:

And yes, it's for sure a bit of everything. I just wanted to get rid of the traumatising experience that there are really people out there who don't like what I love so much :no::aah:

that's what you're on here for, to be with those who love the same things. :huglove: thankfully, none of my friends/family have told me yet that they don't like mika's music - maybe they just don't dare to, LOL! :mf_rosetinted::roftl: but then, none of them bought any of his albums, they just know a few songs from the radio.

and don't worry bout that thread, it's such a huge discussion meanwhile that even i lost track, although i managed to follow it for a while. maybe i can catch up again the next few days. :naughty:

If he is doing Milan on the old Leipzig date, that's a really random jump, unless the whole freakin' tour is being re-routed. Which would suck. :aah:

And I suppose "due to unforseen circumstances" sounds better than "due to the fact that this tour is totally not selling in the way we anticipated, with everyone and her dog buying tickets in Paris and Amsterdam, and no one wanting to see Mika in Germany..." :teehee:

well, if they do milan on the date of leipzig, instead of the original milan date, then the "unforseen circumstances" might as well mean that they have messed up the bookings or something like that. :mf_rosetinted:

it's just, they could've said "unfortunately, leipzig had to be cancelled", without that pointless phrase before it, it would've had the same meaning. :sneaky2:

with everyone and her dog buying tickets in Paris and Amsterdam, and no one wanting to see Mika in Germany..." :teehee:

except for the odd Hungarian :emot-sad:

If they are doing the Milan how on the 26th, I think it means that tickets for Leipzig were not selling well, while demand in Italy made it possible to offer another date and this was the most conventient one, otherwise there would be a 4 day break in the schedule. There is plently of time between Berlin (24th) and Munich (28th), so why not?

except for the odd Hungarian :emot-sad:

If they are doing the Milan how on the 26th, I think it means that tickets for Leipzig were not selling well, while demand in Italy made it possible to offer another date and this was the most conventient one, otherwise there would be a 4 day break in the schedule. There is plently of time between Berlin (24th) and Munich (28th), so why not?

depends... if it's an additional milan date, you're right. if it's rescheduled from the other date, it probably means that they messed up the bookings.

we'll see. :mf_rosetinted:

mikasounds.com have added the 2nd paris date on march 27 now! :doh: anyway in one of their lists, in the other it's april 27, like on the ticket website. they're really starting to get on my nerves, why can't they get things right?! :aah: guess i prefer them doing nothing instead of doing it wrong, that's even more annoying. :sneaky2:

...just to let you know, over an hour ago I got 2 mails, one notifying me about the Leipzig gig having been CANCELLED - yes, this is the word they used - and another one detailing the amount they will transfer back to my bank account within 3 days...

mikasounds.com have added the 2nd paris date on march 27 now! :doh: anyway in one of their lists, in the other it's april 27, like on the ticket website. they're really starting to get on my nerves, why can't they get things right?! :aah: guess i prefer them doing nothing instead of doing it wrong, that's even more annoying. :sneaky2:

Oh, has Munich been "re-routed" as well, then? :aah:

...just to let you know, over an hour ago I got 2 mails, one notifying me about the Leipzig gig having been CANCELLED - yes, this is the word they used - and another one detailing the amount they will transfer back to my bank account within 3 days...

Yes, the word CANCELLED got my attention too. So I guess it didn't sell? That's weird, because I thought it was the most interesting of German gigs :blink: