Mika in Barcelona, Spain at Palau Sant Jordi

Christine

It's official now that I can't be there. Our airports are closed until Sunday afternoon, at least. I was really looking forward to this one, so not happy. I guess this was a sign for me not be a LG or BG :aah:

Have fun everyone :wub2: And tell John I said hi and that I wanted to be there but that stupid ash cloud closed the airport :sneaky2:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no......very disappointed for you and for us....

What about Freddie, Sara, Monie?

Well , for us , in France it seems that the flights from Lyon will work...for the moment...

Come back later to see who's coming or not;:sneaky2:

Ok, this is not looking good for me :sneaky2:. My flight is tomorrow at 7.10 pm from Heathrow, so I really don't have many hopes that it will work out...

Thanks, i will send anupdate when possible tomorrow, though I do have to say that my feel of panic has exchanged with worry towards those who attend the gig and need to travel like me. I really hope that in 2 days something will change... sigh! :(

My reserved flight was planned form Lisbon to Barcelona.

Since actually i'm not in Lisbon now, because volcanic reasons, i dont know if i'll find a solution to reach Barcelona.

I'm trying... because i want meet my friends, with or without gig.

Allegra, if I manage to get to Barcelona I would like to accept your offer. I'm just not sure if I can make it yet, there will be probably no air traffic from and to Amsterdam today, hopefully the flight Ingie and I are supposed to take (tomorrow 3 o 'clock) will happen. We too have to wait and see. Sigh. Good luck everyone (I am going to pack my suitcase anyway!).

Crossing my fingers for u all! Lets see what happens after 0100 BST...

Good ol' Mika :bow:

(Yeah and look, they even TRIED the ferry idea. See, wasn't such a stupid idea after all was it Kodes, WAS IT?! It didn't work (:aah:) but at least they thought it was worth a try :roftl::roftl::roftl:)

:boxed: Well...now I think about it, u said a boat, not a ferry! :floor:

It's official now that I can't be there. Our airports are closed until Sunday afternoon, at least. I was really looking forward to this one, so not happy. I guess this was a sign for me not be a LG or BG :aah:

Have fun everyone :wub2: And tell John I said hi and that I wanted to be there but that stupid ash cloud closed the airport :sneaky2:

I'm sorry, that's so sad!

*hugs*

Oh no! Can't you drive to a nearby country? Or are the airports closed there as well? They probably are. At least you have still some gigs to come. But still. Can you get a refund of your plane tickets? Ingie and I can.

A big hug for you :huglove:. You'll be a LG somewhere else!

Ingie and I still have our hopes up for flying to Barcelona. If not tomorrow, then Sunday. But I'm not sure if there will be place in the airplane Sunday. Tomorrow we will know more.

So sorry about that hun :huglove:

Oh no......very disappointed for you and for us....

What about Freddie, Sara, Monie?

Well , for us , in France it seems that the flights from Lyon will work...for the moment...

Come back later to see who's coming or not;:sneaky2:

Hmmm....Eurostar is very expensive; They only have afternoon trains tomorrow (if there are any left now; I checked 2-3 hours ago) and they cost a whoping 179 pounds one way-And that is only to Paris!)

But I've had a genius plan B idea!:mf_lustslow:

If FD and anyone else stuck in the UK want to join it.....I think Enigma was also meant to fly tomorrow and is most likely cancelled as well?

I found a bus that leaves London Victoria station tomorrow at 12 pm, and makes it to Paris for 9.30 pm. Then we could rent a car and drive down to Barcelona, and return the car there; It should take around 10 hours and we'd make it to Barcelona early-mid morning. Not ideal, but better than not going :blink:.

If we split the driving and the cost between a couple/few of us, it shouldn't be too much...and the bus from London to Paris is only 40 pounds.

Soooooooo what do you guys say? If we go with that plan we need to decide tonight. I spoke to FD who said he'd come online soon, and check if he can make it on time from Newcastle to London....

Lilibet, are you sure about Lyon flights? No restrictions? And can I ask how much your flight is, and how far Lyon is from Paris? And at what time your flight is?

P.S. Trains in France are on strike, no?

Hmmm....Eurostar is very expensive; They only have afternoon trains tomorrow (if there are any left now; I checked 2-3 hours ago) and they cost a whoping 179 pounds one way-And that is only to Paris!)

If FD and anyone else stuck in the UK want to join it.....I think Enigma was also meant to fly tomorrow and is most likely cancelled as well?

I found a bus that leaves London Victoria station tomorrow at 12 pm, and makes it to Paris for 9.30 pm. Then we could rent a car and drive down to Barcelona, and return the car there; It should take around 10 hours and we'd make it to Barcelona early-mid morning. Not ideal, but better than not going :blink:.

If we split the driving and the cost between a couple/few of us, it shouldn't be too much...and the bus from London to Paris is only 40 pounds.

Soooooooo what do you guys say? If we go with that plan we need to decide tonight. I spoke to FD who said he'd come online soon, and check if he can make it on time from Newcastle to London....

Lilibet, are you sure about Lyon flights? No restrictions? And can I ask how much your flight is, and how far Lyon is from Paris? And at what time your flight is?

Holy feck Sara, you're a GENIUS.

Troubles again:shocked:

Well, they keep extending the UK flights thing, and now FD's flights have been stopped for tomorrow, so Sunday is likely.....

Enigma is leaving tomorrow from Luton, which I am guessing will also be in danger...I'm trying to come up with an alternative before it's too late and we're all stuck here :aah: I'm meant to leave on Sunday morning, but at the rate that everything's going, I'm not sure that this will work out.

I'd rather have a plan B and DO something actively, than just sit and wait for the stupid volcano disaster to stop us :naughty:.

Where are you going from, Sarina? Could you make it to Paris in some way?

Anyone else from France going? Basically I'm trying to see who could make it to Paris for around 9 pm tomorrow, to travel by car together to Barcelona.

Where are you going from, Sarina? Could you make it to Paris in some way?

Anyone else from France going? Basically I'm trying to see who could make it to Paris for around 9 pm tomorrow, to travel by car together to Barcelona.

Italy :boxed:

And no...I can't reach Paris from here...all flights are cancelled!

thank you hun!

Worst case scenario, Monie and I could also get a train to Paris. If we can all go together by car, it wouldn't be too bad. You can drive, Freddie can, Monie can, can change shifts, I can get coffee:roftl:

Well, they keep extending the UK flights thing, and now FD's flights have been stopped for tomorrow, so Sunday is likely.....

Enigma is leaving tomorrow from Luton, which I am guessing will also be in danger...I'm trying to come up with an alternative before it's too late and we're all stuck here :aah: I'm meant to leave on Sunday morning, but at the rate that everything's going, I'm not sure that this will work out.

I'd rather have a plan B and DO something actively, than just sit and wait for the stupid volcano disaster to stop us :naughty:.

Agreed, let's make this **** happen!

Exactly!

We have to at least try.

So, why don't you guys check out options of trains/buses from NL to France?

Or how long would deiving take?? Is that an option? If you rented a car in NL and drove to Paris, and we all took that car down from Paris, and we all chipped in for it?

I'm finding it hard to see which rental car companies let you take a car in one country and give it back in another, but I think Avis for example let you do it...

If we could all meet in Paris tomorrow night, we would just drive down straight away and make it to BCN in good time for a nap:naughty:.

Sarina: Have a look at this. You might find a bus that takes you to Barcelona? Or to Paris?

http://www.eurolines.com/

Issue is, many people are renting a car atm, and taking it to Barcelona could mean the price of renting it will be near 2000 euros, which I obviously don't have.

Monie's car is not good enough to endure such a long trip.

Exactly!

We have to at least try.

So, why don't you guys check out options of trains/buses from NL to France?

Or how long would deiving take?? Is that an option? If you rented a car in NL and drove to Paris, and we all took that car down from Paris, and we all chipped in for it?

I'm finding it hard to see which rental car companies let you take a car in one country and give it back in another, but I think Avis for example let you do it...

If we could all meet in Paris tomorrow night, we would just drive down straight away and make it to BCN in good time for a nap:naughty:.

Sarina: Have a look at this. You might find a bus that takes you to Barcelona? Or to Paris?

http://www.eurolines.com/

Worst case scenario, Monie and I could also get a train to Paris. If we can all go together by car, it wouldn't be too bad. You can drive, Freddie can, Monie can, can change shifts, I can get coffee:roftl:

I wish you guys all the best with this kewl plan.:thumb_yello:

I hope it goes well without any further hitches.

Don't forget to have fun!:thumb_yello: