MIKA's UK and Ireland Dates/Presale!

dcdeb

That's why the MFC is so important! I'd never had dreamed of doing gigs without a friend to go with me, even before my hearing problems and my mobility became a problem.

The MFC is a support network as much as it is a fan club!

I hugely agree with this.

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ... mine are the same ... my Mum told me not to tell my brother I was even going to Birmingham or Brighton ... he only knows about the London one .... :lmfao:

God ... I hate being so secretive ... I'm 35 for fecks sake :blink:

I prefer being secretive, no-one goes against your plans then :naughty:

except I have to tell my parents about my plans because they're the ones with the "special cards"...-_-

my mum's dead against the idea of me going birmingham and/or brighton but my dad's all for me going :dunno:

except I have to tell my parents about my plans because they're the ones with the "special cards"...-_-

my mum's dead against the idea of me going birmingham and/or brighton but my dad's all for me going :dunno:

Use Daddy's card - that why Dads were made. :aah:

I agree too. I've never gone to a gig without someone, and this time I'm going totally alone.

my first time going alone was when I went to the pub with Mika. And that was because I found out literally hours before it started and wanted to go because it was a once in a lifetime thing. I'm quite grateful it was last minute actually because if we had longer time to plan, mum would have probably made sure i went with someone but I went on my own on complete spontaneity. (sp?)

I told mum I wanted to go and she could have literally ripped the roof off if she wanted to "You CAN'T go to all these Mika things!" and I was so upset I wanted to cry. But then she calmed down and we talked it through more. I know she worries because it's London and because I'm with people SHE'S never met before, but at the same time I'm 20 and need to find my own independence.

I am forever grateful to Mika for the September month.

At Sadler's Wells I went with a friend, but she was texting her boyfriend all day. I mean she didn't know anyone and fine, she could have interacted and made more of an effort I guess, but she is quite a naturally shy person. I don't know of any Mika fans round my area to take, so I have to do it alone. If my friend was a bit more confident then I'd probably take her more often, but I'd much rather spend my Mika time with Mika friends, you know? Because we all understand each other and it's not like we see each other on a regular basis, really, if you pardon September...

Yeah, most people find the idea of fan clubs past the age of 12 a bit odd, but I think many people have old fashioned ideas about what fan clubs are. We just chat about upcoming gigs/news/music/videos/drool over pictures so it's not really anything weird because if you and your friends both liked a certain band or singer, you'd quite happily talk about them a lot in real life. I think the internet has bad connotations. :teehee:

My best friend thinks it's hilarious that I'm in the fanclub and have what she likes to call 'internet friends'. She doesn't mind Mika and to give her her dues she's been to about 8 things with me that were Mika-based, but I'm going it alone this time - bar Hammersmith, because my mate Emma really wants to see him.

I couldn't even tell my parents about Bloomsbury Ballroom cos I'd just moved to uni the day before. My brother phoned me while I was in the crowd before Mika came on and I was like 'I can't hear you! I'm in the S.U.!!' Very quick thinking on my part.

I like your style:wink2:

I agree too. I've never gone to a gig without someone, and this time I'm going totally alone.

I never go with anyone, except when I gave Silver a lift to Sadlers Wells.

But your dads really cool, he even came to a gig once, didn't he?

I may be going it alone this year but dont like the idea of staying in a hotel with nobody else I know in the same building so would love to know where others are staying. I have no idea where I am staying yet!!!

Is it Hammersmith you're going to?

Going to Hammersmith! You?

I'm going to loooooooads cos I'm silly, buy Hammersmith is on the list - cos it's Lannnndannn blad. I can't NOT see him in London on this tour - I've only ever seen him there before.

Ahhhh I love all the planning stages. There's nothing exciting about researching hotels or trains, but somehow, when Mika's involved, it's suddenly the coolest way to spend my time. :roftl::roftl:

The planning is the best part. :naughty:

Yay for Ryanair, Easyjet & Hostels.com! :naughty:

Yay for the Trainline and Travelodge!!!

I do get all geeky and excited with stuff like this. Gaaaaaah it's annoying that you can't book trains more than 12 weeks in advance - though I suppose I'll know it's getting close when I AM able to book trains. :biggrin2:

I'm going to loooooooads cos I'm silly, buy Hammersmith is on the list - cos it's Lannnndannn blad. I can't NOT see him in London on this tour - I've only ever seen him there before.

Ahhhh I love all the planning stages. There's nothing exciting about researching hotels or trains, but somehow, when Mika's involved, it's suddenly the coolest way to spend my time. :roftl::roftl:

Not silly at all - now wondering myself which other gig/s I might be able to get to, but unfortunately, at the mo anyway, am not sure I'll be able to make it to any of the others :sad:

Not silly at all - now wondering myself which other gig/s I might be able to get to, but unfortunately, at the mo anyway, am not sure I'll be able to make it to any of the others :sad:

It is a BIT silly - I'm doing 7 then going to Vienna at the end of March, I will be doubling my gigs al in the space of about 6 weeks. It's amazing, haha. I don't think I'll do THAT many again, though who knows. I'll see how destroyed I am by the end of it.

Where abouts are you from? Are you London or is that just the nearest one?

It is a BIT silly - I'm doing 7 then going to Vienna at the end of March, I will be doubling my gigs al in the space of about 6 weeks. It's amazing, haha. I don't think I'll do THAT many again, though who knows. I'll see how destroyed I am by the end of it.

Where abouts are you from? Are you London or is that just the nearest one?

Wow 7!! I dont blame you though. If i was still a student and had just got my loan through i would def go and see mika as many times as possible.

By the way laura are you staying at your parents after the hammersmith gig??

Wow 7!! I dont blame you though. If i was still a student and had just got my loan through i would def go and see mika as many times as possible.

By the way laura are you staying at your parents after the hammersmith gig??

Yeah I'm driving back from Birmingham on the Thursday and staying until Monday and driving back up to Uni then.

Btw - I'm thinking of staying over in Manchester, do you and Jenny wanna share a family room? I thought I'd mention it cos I know you're gonna be staying over and frankly I can't be bothered with rushing around for last trains, especiall if that one turns out to be a bit epic.

Lemme know if you fancy it and I'll get it sorted - it'd be about a tenner each.