MIKA's UK and Ireland Dates/Presale!

dcdeb

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to drive people mad between now and Feb! LMAO!

I'm not gonna tell my Mum I've booked for Glasgow and Newcastle as well as the other 3 ... she thought I was nuts to want to go those ones ... ummmmmmmmmmm lol :aah:

I'm not gonna tell my Mum I've booked for Glasgow and Newcastle as well as the other 3 ... she thought I was nuts to want to go those ones ... ummmmmmmmmmm lol :aah:

:roftl:

I didn't tell Craig (my other half) that i was doing Scala until the morning I left! Lol! He's not a Mika fan and really doesn't understand! My mum thinks I'm mad but encourages me more than anything! Still trying to get her to come to a gig with me!

I didn't tell Craig (my other half) that i was doing Scala until the morning I left! Lol! He's not a Mika fan and really doesn't understand! My mum thinks I'm mad but encourages me more than anything! Still trying to get her to come to a gig with me!

I can't talk to my family about it, they just don't like him and don't think I should waste my time.

Even if I was rolling in money, they would still feel the same.

I can't talk to my family about it, they just don't like him and don't think I should waste my time.

That's why the MFC is so important! I'd never had dreamed of doing gigs without a friend to go with me, even before my hearing problems and my mobility became a problem.

The MFC is a support network as much as it is a fan club!

Ha ... mine are the same ... my Mum told me not to tell my brother I was even going to Birmingham or Brighton ... he only knows about the London one .... :lmfao:

God ... I hate being so secretive ... I'm 35 for fecks sake :blink:

Ha ... mine are the same ... my Mum told me not to tell my brother I was even going to Birmingham or Brighton ... he only knows about the London one .... :lmfao:

God ... I hate being so secretive ... I'm 35 for fecks sake :blink:

You're 35? I thought you'd be around the same ages as me!

I told my friend (who'll never admit it, but likes Mika.) and she went "You're paying money, good money... To see a guy go *in a nasally voice* 'We are not what you think we are, we are GOOOOOOLLLLDDDEEENNN'?"

Correction: A HOT guy go: We are not what you...

I CANNOT WAIT! :woot_jump:

I told my friend (who'll never admit it, but likes Mika.) and she went "You're paying money, good money... To see a guy go *in a nasally voice* 'We are not what you think we are, we are GOOOOOOLLLLDDDEEENNN'?"

Correction: A HOT guy go: We are not what you...

I CANNOT WAIT! :woot_jump:

is that you lindsey :shocked:

is that you lindsey :shocked:

Her name's Emma. :roftl:

Is there anyone here who HAS told their family about any gigs other than their local ones? Actually my parents don't even know I'm going to those yet, the joys of living away from home!!

I've only told two of my friends - and originally I told my best friend about Vienna purely because I was worried that if I didn't tell anyone, I'd go missing abroad and no one would have known where I was. :roftl:

Is there anyone here who HAS told their family about any gigs other than their local ones? Actually my parents don't even know I'm going to those yet, the joys of living away from home!!

I've only told two of my friends - and originally I told my best friend about Vienna purely because I was worried that if I didn't tell anyone, I'd go missing abroad and no one would have known where I was. :roftl:

:teehee: ohhh okkkk hahahahahaha :biggrin2:

How sad are we :lmfao: Well the Vienna thing was wise actually ... sadly :aah:

:teehee: ohhh okkkk hahahahahaha :biggrin2:

To be fair though, many people have probably corrected others to include the word 'hot' whilst describing Mika, myself being one of them. :roftl:

How sad are we :lmfao: Well the Vienna thing was wise actually ... sadly :aah:

Yeah I thought it was probably best - I ran away to Paris with my best friend (I'd had a massive bust up with my mum) and we told our form tutor and she was like 'oh no! Tell your dad! I've just seen Taken and I'll be worrying if you're in a different country without telling anybody!'

But as I'm on my own I thought it best to tell my best friend who can then tell my parents after I've been murdered. Which is fine, cos if they found out before, I'd get murdered by them, so either way it results in my untimely death UNLESS I make it to and from the gig completely unharmed without any of them finding out ever. :biggrin2:

I don't talk about Mika to anyone outside the MFC really - all my friends would think I had lost it. "Going to gigs - joining a fan club- at your age?:shocked:".

Although I have found a few people at work who admit to quite liking Mika

I don't talk about Mika to anyone outside the MFC really - all my friends would think I had lost it. "Going to gigs - joining a fan club- at your age?:shocked:".

dont worry i think im mad to with the fan club and all but thinking back i did have a life this time last year :teehee:

now im on here all day :naughty:

Yeah, most people find the idea of fan clubs past the age of 12 a bit odd, but I think many people have old fashioned ideas about what fan clubs are. We just chat about upcoming gigs/news/music/videos/drool over pictures so it's not really anything weird because if you and your friends both liked a certain band or singer, you'd quite happily talk about them a lot in real life. I think the internet has bad connotations. :teehee:

My best friend thinks it's hilarious that I'm in the fanclub and have what she likes to call 'internet friends'. She doesn't mind Mika and to give her her dues she's been to about 8 things with me that were Mika-based, but I'm going it alone this time - bar Hammersmith, because my mate Emma really wants to see him.

I couldn't even tell my parents about Bloomsbury Ballroom cos I'd just moved to uni the day before. My brother phoned me while I was in the crowd before Mika came on and I was like 'I can't hear you! I'm in the S.U.!!' Very quick thinking on my part.