Whats your favorite MIKA song and why?

iCoopie

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine will always be Love today, because that's the first song of Mika's that I heard, and it made me find out about him and then I became a fan. But my favourite song from the new album is 'I See You', it's just so beautiful.

But actually all his songs are very special. I'm still hoping that someday, HMDYLM and HJ will return to us on an EP or some other album.

Did anyone see the interview where he said he'd booked some studio time in January, and another time as well, to work on new stuff? I think that's a really good idea. It will give him a break from the relentless touring, and give him chance to work on new material without the pressure he was under in 2008.

always depends on what mood i'm in...

Any Other World was the song i heard on BBC radio 2 all those years ago when LICM was album of the week so whenever i hear it i go gushy and weak at the knees...

Love Today- when i passed my GCSE's so i always feel like i acheive things when i hear that one...

We Are Golden- when i passed my A- levels and got a garenteed place at uni

these are the songs that have any true meaning to my life... but the songs... any of them mean the world to me and i can't not like them

Touches you, One foot boy, Biotg etc etc get me to actually get out of bed,

the quiet ones help me to sleep and so on :wub2:

Really too hard for me to choose any. They're all too special and different.

However, I will love Grace Kelly forever because it is for me the one that made Mika become kind of famous.

But I have no favourite.

Uh........

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

Ehrrrrr....

That's a hard one, it differs considering if it's a LICM song, a demo song, a live song, a TBWKTM song, a song i like listening in the car, a song i like listening at home, hmmmmmmmmmm...

Ok, i may change it tomorrow, but...Loverboy/One Foot Boy all the same...

I can't really choose one that I prefer above the others BUT there are a few that are particularly important to me.

- Happy Ending: I spent an entire night listening to this song over and over during a difficult period....When I heard it live in Milan in June I started to cry like an idiot :naughty: that concert has been the only positive thing in a loooong time.

I'll never forget that song :wub2:

- Lollipop: I have so many happy memories with this song :biggrin2:

- We Are Golden: I'm a teenager :naughty: I'm crazy, I'm strange and that song came out at the right time, exactly when I needed it :naughty:

- One Foot Boy: I'm always listening to this song in this period while arranging things for the gigs in February and April so everytime I listen to it I think Mika -> My Birthday -> Gigs -> Money :naughty: -> Trip etc etc :teehee:

• 1 month later...

hehe. I have different ones for each mood!

my mood:

sad: Happy ending, I get put in the situation at first, then it goes all loud and churchlike, and makes me happy again :)

happy: We are golden: it makes me want to jump out of my seat and dance everywhere screaming at the top of my lungs

neutral: Touches you: I don't know, I just love the beat :)

stressed: Relax, duh! hehe

mad: Ring Ring, It makes me wanna throw my phone everywhere and be all dangerous:naughty:

overall: Touches you, Blame it on the girls, Grace Kelly, ITS SO HARD TO CHOOSE, THEY'RE ALL SO BRILLIAN!:wub2:

That is such a hard question :blink: I think mine has to be Love Today as it was the first song that I heard properly of Mikas when my son showed me the video for it on youtube, I wasn't hooked on him straight away, that came after when I saw him at Glastonbury Festival and he totally blew me away, and when he sang LT it was about the only song that I knew any of the words to at that time. It always makes me happy when I hear it and I never tire of it either.:biggrin2:

SITM, especially all the different live versions when he’s playing with the music and makes it slightly different every time, I just can’t get enough of that song!:mf_lustslow::blush-anim-cl:

And then Rain, the album version most of all, but when you watch him sing it… his facial expression, he looks so serious and I love it!:wub2:

Can’t wait to see him sing Rain on stage…I hope he will do that on his European tour…

SITM, especially all the different live versions when he’s playing with the music and makes it slightly different every time, I just can’t get enough of that song!:mf_lustslow::blush-anim-cl:

Who would have thought? :original::huglove:

I must say I don't really have an all time favourite Mika song anymore because they're all so unbelieveably great that it's really really hard to make a choice.

Relax still does the trick, I think. And I still have hope that one day I will get my live on site 100% acoustic version. Along with Pick up...

I can't name my favourite song that Mika wrote... they are mostly great. I have several favs now, among them PUOTF and OFB.

But! I can't stop listening to Poker face. Have no idea why! this sounds so happily and it feels such a freedom! absolutely NOT like Lady GaGa's.

I adore the way he sings "...rough it isn't funnnn" :wub2:

Anybody else likes this song?

• 4 weeks later...

we are golden:aah:?

i don't know

i love all of his songs

the video of we are golden is so attractive to me

i love loverboy,billy brown,blame it on the girls,touches you

when i listen to these song

i just want to dance

I have 3 major favorites or maybe categories. 1. Best song with best up beat feeling, i say "Love Today" 2. Best concept in video= "We are Golden" because i agree with him in that we all dance crazy alone in our rooms. (that's me on the daily) and 3. Best Lyrics= "I see you" when i hear that song i just wanna cry b/c i can relate to feeling that way. Mika is able is make laugh and cry, now that's crazy! he's amazing at communicating emotion, i feel like I'm actually feeling how he felt in each song. to me that's amazing

Well, that's kindof hard to decide. :aah:

The first MIKA song I ever heard was either Grace Kelly or Lollipop... I think it must've been Grace Kelly because that one's pretty ace.

But my favorite must be Big Girl (You are beautiful) even though I'm not a big girl, it's the one I absolutely love to dance to, alone of course.