2009 - Mika @ Sound Academy,Toronto, Canada - 12 Oct - GIG REPORTS

guylainem123

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:shocked: are you wearing garbage bags?! :roftl:

Yeah, to prevent glow paint getting on our clothes. See my custom user title.

How did you get to paint the balls!?

Mika asked us the day before the gig

What do you mean secret?

It was implied that we weren't really to share this information, but since he's mentioned it in the recent article, it's not so secret any more.

It was implied that we weren't really to share this information, but since he's mentioned it in the recent article, it's not so secret any more.

so the cat's out of the bag bigtime and it appeared to be clawing it's way out for quite sometime, we knew it was there cos we heard enough little squeals :roftl: just don't like cats I'm a BIG DOG person myself :aah: though I do like BIG cats like panthers/tigers/leopards/etc little cats just sh*t in my garden and annoy me pfft.

Ahh..

It sucks we couldn't share it (the experience) at the time. But the whole set, the planets, was still to be a surprise for everyone because Toronto was the first gig.

This was not planned.

We had purchased tickets to visit the CN Tower for that Sunday, weeks before. We only decided to check out the venue before going to the CN Tower so that we could see where we might find toilets and food (to be prepared for the long hours of queuing for the next day).

Little did we know there was going to be an Asian supermarket a block away -and Mika inside eating lunch. :shocked: That's how it all started really. I would have brushed my hair a little more and worn more makeup and nicer clothes if I knew.

I would have brushed my hair a little more and worn more makeup and nicer clothes if I knew.

I wouldn't have worn brand new clothes and leather boots if I'd known I was going to splatter UV paint on them. :aah:

I wonder what he had. Because the food I ate from there was vile. :teehee:

We were advised to have some lunch before we went to the Sound Academy to get started and I had such a migraine I had to go to Tim Horton's for a sandwich instead. I couldn't stomach looking at chicken feet etc. with my headache. :puke:

It sucks we couldn't share it (the experience) at the time. But the whole set, the planets, was still to be a surprise for everyone because Toronto was the first gig.

This was not planned.

We had purchased tickets to visit the CN Tower for that Sunday, weeks before. We only decided to check out the venue before going to the CN Tower so that we could see where we might find toilets and food (to be prepared for the long hours of queuing for the next day).

Little did we know there was going to be an Asian supermarket a block away -and Mika inside eating lunch. :shocked: That's how it all started really. I would have brushed my hair a little more and worn more makeup and nicer clothes if I knew.

Thanks for telling the pre-painting story :wink2: It was even more unplanned that I thought!

so the cat's out of the bag bigtime and it appeared to be clawing it's way out for quite sometime, we knew it was there cos we heard enough little squeals :roftl: just don't like cats I'm a BIG DOG person myself :aah: though I do like BIG cats like panthers/tigers/leopards/etc little cats just sh*t in my garden and annoy me pfft.

Which squeals did you hear? :roftl:

This was not planned.

I think I'm with Christine here. I didn't want to ruin my clothes so I was happy to be wearing some jeans and trainers. Mika will have to accept & love me as I am, I'm afraid :naughty:.

I wonder what he had. Because the food I ate from there was vile. :teehee:

Mine was alright, and I think that what he had looked innocent enough as well :aah:

Thanks for telling the pre-painting story :wink2: It was even more unplanned that I thought!

I think that when he saw us, he had the lightbulb idea of using us for his benefit :lmfao: and he just blurted it out :roftl:. It's nice to have him asking us for stuff for a change though, and to be honest he DID pay us back more than generously with spending all that time with us and being so nice and normal with us anyway.

I think I'm with Christine here. I didn't want to ruin my clothes so I was happy to be wearing some jeans and trainers. Mika will have to accept & love me as I am, I'm afraid :naughty:.

I guess I'm more vain. But we are somewhere on Yasmine's camera's memory card and Mama P's video collection.

And I was quite sad to wash the paint off my clothes in the laundry.:sad: There's no trace of it now. :no: Should have slipped that paintbrush in my pocket as a momento. :mf_rosetinted:

The second time Mika's hand touched mine was on that paintbrush. :wub2:

I think that when he saw us, he had the lightbulb idea of using us for his benefit :lmfao: and he just blurted it out :roftl:. It's nice to have him asking us for stuff for a change though, and to be honest he DID pay us back more than generously with spending all that time with us and being so nice and normal with us anyway.

I'm sure he did! He could ask me for one week of volunteering and I still think I'd be the one winning :wink2:

I'm sure he did! He could ask me for one week of volunteering and I still think I'd be the one winning :wink2:

I know. I just want to invent a job that he might need us for. Maybe he needs help finding storage for all his fan gifts, stage props, magazine articles, etc. We should offer our services to do inventory, packing, storing, labelling.

MIKA: Dani - please locate the One Foot Boy puppet who looks like a mini Dustin Hoffman for my NYC Radio City Hall gig. Oh - and the orange teapot marionette with wooden legs too please.

DANI: Yes, the catalogue/spreadsheet says it's located in storage facility "Yellow", row, 22, aisle "R". Will get it and make sure it's packed and ready to load on the plane. Will you need your white boxers for this performance or your grey ones?

Aw, this is so sweet!:wub2:

He knows you so well by now that asks you to help him with stuff...isn't that the sweetest thing!

Nice and normal, yes he really is!:wub2:

I have to say, for about the first half hour I was not thinking it was going to be a good time at all. Mika is pretty intense when he's working and it was a little intimidating. :shocked:

It was cool being in that environment though. It felt like we were starring in one of those Making Of videos. :biggrin2:

And once the major work was done he was quite relaxed and chatty. He was really so good with everyone the whole time.

For me the best part of it was that my friends were there and we got to share it together.

I know. I just want to invent a job that he might need us for. Maybe he needs help finding storage for all his fan gifts, stage props, magazine articles, etc. We should offer our services to do inventory, packing, storing, labelling.

MIKA: Dani - please locate the One Foot Boy puppet who looks like a mini Dustin Hoffman for my NYC Radio City Hall gig. Oh - and the orange teapot marionette with wooden legs too please.

DANI: Yes, the catalogue/spreadsheet says it's located in storage facility "Yellow", row, 22, aisle "R". Will get it and make sure it's packed and ready to load on the plane. Will you need your white boxers for this performance or your grey ones?

:roftl: But what if I don't find those :shocked:

I'm sure he can be scary :aah:

I have to say, for about the first half hour I was not thinking it was going to be a good time at all. Mika is pretty intense when he's working and it was a little intimidating. :shocked:

It was cool being in that environment though. It felt like we were starring in one of those Making Of videos. :biggrin2:

And once the major work was done he was quite relaxed and chatty. He was really so good with everyone the whole time.

For me the best part of it was that my friends were there and we got to share it together.

Oh lord yes. I was a little scared when he looked us in the eyes and said "if you don't think you can do it, just say now" I thought **** I don't have an artistic bone in my body, I might **** it up and Mika is being so stern with us already. :naughty:

But you're right, he was very good with us, showing us what he wanted us to do, and Yasmine was so nice too.

And the whole Canadian trip was just fantastic, even if the balls thing hadn't happened, we just laughed so much. I laugh to myself even now just thinking about that whole trip.

Edit: I would like to thank all of the Canadian people I met both in Toronto and Montreal for making it such a great trip, but especially Suzy, Shawna, Christine, Ryan, Mana, Aurelian and Sara (last 2 not Canadian lol) What a team! What a laugh we had!

Edited by babspanky

And the whole Canadian trip was just fantastic, even if the balls thing hadn't happened, we just laughed so much. I laugh to myself even now just thinking about that whole trip.

Edit: I would like to thank all of the Canadian people I met both in Toronto and Montreal for making it such a great trip, but especially Suzy, Shawna, Christine, Ryan, Mana, Aurelian and Sara (last 2 not Canadian lol) What a team! What a laugh we had!

Amen!

This was better than winning any contest MikaSounds could ever conjure up. :wub2:

I guess I'm more vain. But we are somewhere on Yasmine's camera's memory card and Mama P's video collection.

And I was quite sad to wash the paint off my clothes in the laundry. There's no trace of it now. Should have slipped that paintbrush in my pocket as a momento.

The second time Mika's hand touched mine was on that paintbrush. :wub2:

Well, maybe I am also a bit vain; I remember going to brush my hair in the toilet at one point after we finished the painting and whilst we were watching the rehearsal and just hanging around :blush-anim-cl:.

Aw, this is so sweet!

He knows you so well by now that asks you to help him with stuff...isn't that the sweetest thing!

Nice and normal, yes he really is!:wub2:

Yes, he is really nice and normal sometimes, and one of the best things about that day was that he treated us with ease and familiarity, like he "knew" us. He said a few things and in a certain way that was clearly so familiar, and he was just really comfortable around us and treating us like he treated his family and the band. He didn't treat us as "fans" and we didn't treat him like "a popstar".

We were actually collaborators that day (as I told him :roftl:).

I have to say, for about the first half hour I was not thinking it was going to be a good time at all. Mika is pretty intense when he's working and it was a little intimidating.

Totally agree with all that you said there; I couldn't have put it better. It was fantastic, and an absolutely irrepetible experience. He was just so nice as well, and I still can't believe that we just had that pizza with them all :roftl:, like it was the most normal thing in the world. It probably is, actually, but you know what I mean.

We were the perfect little team and sharing it together (and now the memories that we have) is just priceless :wub2:.

Oh lord yes. I was a little scared when he looked us in the eyes and said "if you don't think you can do it, just say now" I thought **** I don't have an artistic bone in my body, I might **** it up and Mika is being so stern with us already. :naughty:

But you're right, he was very good with us, showing us what he wanted us to do, and Yasmine was so nice too.

Same here Bab. Oh, and re the stern Mika, really, after seeing him tell his mum off for painting the wrong way, I was ready for anything :lmfao:

Luckily our technique was acceptable to his standards :biggrin2: and I also got to boss him around when I knew that I was giving him the right paint and he was dubious :aah:. He couldnt' believe it, and after he tested it, he looked at me all surprised and went "Oh, you're right!".

And I was like: :duh: "I know"

How many balls did you paint?:wink2:

All of them!! The full stage.

Amen!

This was better than winning any contest MikaSounds could ever conjure up.

Absofookinlutely. No contest (excuse the pun). EVER.

I doubt that this can ever be topped or repeated.