2009 - Mika @ Sound Academy,Toronto, Canada - 12 Oct - GIG REPORTS

guylainem123

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just read that whole story for the first time, you lucky ladies! :biggrin2:

it's even beyond my wildest fangurl dreams! apparently I'm not very imaginative :naughty:

wonderful!

You know someone said to me afterwards "It's a dream come true." But honestly things like this don't happen even in my dreams. :roftl:

It was all so unbelievable and yet felt totally normal at the same time. It was surreal. I think we all reminisce about it once in awhile just to check that we didn't imagine it.

Yes, he is really nice and normal sometimes, and one of the best things about that day was that he treated us with ease and familiarity, like he "knew" us. He said a few things and in a certain way that was clearly so familiar, and he was just really comfortable around us and treating us like he treated his family and the band. He didn't treat us as "fans" and we didn't treat him like "a popstar".

We were actually collaborators that day (as I told him :roftl:).

Luckily our technique was acceptable to his standards :biggrin2: and I also got to boss him around when I knew that I was giving him the right paint and he was dubious :aah:. He couldnt' believe it, and after he tested it, he looked at me all surprised and went "Oh, you're right!".

And I was like: :duh: "I know"

I doubt that this can ever be topped or repeated.

He is just lovely!:wub2:

just read that whole story for the first time, you lucky ladies! :biggrin2:

it's even beyond my wildest fangurl dreams! apparently I'm not very imaginative :naughty:

wonderful!

You know someone said to me afterwards "It's a dream come true." But honestly things like this don't happen even in my dreams. :roftl:

Yeah, same here. I had never imagined anything like it, because I never thought that it would be possible.

It was all so unbelievable and yet felt totally normal at the same time. It was surreal. I think we all reminisce about it once in awhile just to check that we didn't imagine it.

That is a great summary of how it was. Totally out of this world yet incredibly normal.

That's so awesome, you guys! I was really curious about the whole ball painting thing since he mentioned it in that interview. :naughty: Thanks for sharing!

Honestly, I never thought that he woudl go around mentioning it :roftl:, but whilst we were there, some friend of his came to see them and she said that when she chatted to Mika he had told her about us being fans and working on the set there. He sounded so amazed :lmfao:

Make that two mods :lmfao: :lmfao:

And can I just say that I LOVED stern Mika. I find his "don't f*ck it up" perfectionist attitude to be encouraging, motivating. He's a walking pep rally. :roftl:

what was he actually doing to be so intimidating? :roftl:

what was he actually doing to be so intimidating? :roftl:

Well, he was very nice, I didn't find him intimidating, but he was quite "intense" saying that these balls were very expensive and that we needed to please take care and make sure we didn't feck them up, and he had very particular ideas about how we needed to do the painting :naughty:. Although at one point he messed one up himself and he had to ask Zoots for help fixing it :roftl:.

It's also that he was really focused on his work when he was painting himself, so he looked pretty serious, but then he'd be joking around 5 minutes later :biggrin2:.

Well it was bound to happen sooner or later!:mf_rosetinted:

:biggrin2:

It's people's fault if they salivate while reading the forum...:roftl:

Well, he was very nice, I didn't find him intimidating, but he was quite "intense" saying that these balls were very expensive and that we needed to please take care and make sure we didn't feck them up, and he had very particular ideas about how we needed to do the painting :naughty:. Although at one point he messed one up himself and he had to ask Zoots for help fixing it :roftl:.

[/color]

And this quote goes right this moment to the quotes out of the context thread as the best 2009 ever...:lmfao:

Did you guys see this? It looks like something I'd write myself just messing around, but it's actually how they interpreted that tidbit from the Times article. Poor Mika, so broke he has to enslave fans to paint his set. :roftl:

--------------------------------------

Mika's Fans Help Out on Tour

The global economic downturn has hit MIKA hard - he was forced to bribe fans to help him make the set for his last tour.

The Grace Kelly singer has just finished a trek across the U.S., and thrilled audiences with a space-themed stage.

But the props were so costly, he hired a team of his loyal followers to assist him in assembling the pieces - and repaid them with pizza.

He says, “One way or another, this is what I’d be doing anyway (making his set). I’d be living out my own delusions of grandeur, drawing comics, imagining that people might read them one day. It’s been fantastic. I’m an astronaut. I die at the beginning of the show!”

------------------------------------

It's from this site, but there's some weird script or something on that page that keeps crashing my browser. Funny as hell though! :roftl:

I love how the blog picked up the story but the only person on MFC to notice was Wonka. :roftl:

Gawd this is so hilarious. Like Mika had to negotiate with us because we couldn't be arsed but once he promised free pizza we caved. :lmfao:

Gawd this is so hilarious. Like Mika had to negotiate with us because we couldn't be arsed but once he promised free pizza we caved. :lmfao:

What do you mean? That's totally how I remember it going down.

Mika: Pleeeeease?? Don't you know there's a recession going on? I need all the help I can get!! :puppy_eyes:

Us: Well Mika, that sounds like a lot of work, and we have CN Tower tickets already. :shun:

Mika: But, but... I'll spring for pizza! With more than one topping, even! :puppy_eyes: :puppy_eyes:

Us: Fine, if we must. :rolls_eyes:

What do you mean? That's totally how I remember it going down.

Mika: Pleeeeease?? Don't you know there's a recession going on? I need all the help I can get!! :puppy_eyes:

Us: Well Mika, that sounds like a lot of work, and we have CN Tower tickets already. :shun:

Mika: But, but... I'll spring for pizza! With more than one topping, even! :puppy_eyes: :puppy_eyes:

Us: Fine, if we must. :rolls_eyes:

:roftl: Oh the trials and tribulations that boy puts us through.. *mock drama llama*